Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9 month post update with AW photos

Tomorrow marks my 9 month post-op from band to sleeve.

What I've learned:

I can eat like a naturally thin person.

I can enjoy exercise and social activities without obesity holding me back.

I loved myself before, but now I actually like myself.

I have recognized my triggers, and weaknesses.

food is fuel, not comfort.

And most importantly, none of the physical changes outweigh how much healthier I am emotionally.

Now for a little attention whoring! ! !

Before 270 pounds size 22/24W

BeforePic-1-1.jpgTiffany%20Before.jpg

Afters 130 pounds size 6

I could never wear hooker boots because my calves were so huge, and I refused to buy ones that were cheap fake leather with elastic stretchy material to accommodate my fattness.

Dress%20After2.jpgDress%20After.jpg

If you are considering the sleeve, research YES, but do not doubt that you can be successful. If I can do it, any one of you can do it. I absolutely love my sleeve, and that life that it affords me each day. Are there some struggles, yes, but the victories far outweigh the little speed bumps along the way.

YES, I know I need to tan.

You look ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!! Such an inspiration...

WOOHOO!! You look beautiful from the inside out! You are such an inspiration to me and I know I can do this with the people here and you as cheerleaders!

You are looking awesome!

I failed with the band and I'm afraid of failing with the sleeve but you really give me inspiration. You have such a glowing radiance about you now. Although I can't imagine eating like a naturally thin person, I certainly look forward to it! Do you mail your husband photos? I can only imagine what he's thinking :thumbup:

If there was a Sleeve Achievement Award on this site, you would be the winner!! SIZE 6!!! MY GOD!!! I need to start working out like you!! Hooker boots ARE FUN!!! I love your dress to! I think you need to post pics at least once a week!

I failed with the band and I'm afraid of failing with the sleeve but you really give me inspiration. You have such a glowing radiance about you now. Although I can't imagine eating like a naturally thin person, I certainly look forward to it! Do you mail your husband photos? I can only imagine what he's thinking :thumbup:

Don't fear failure with the sleeve, it works. I promise ! ! !

He's home now so he gets to see all the new outfits first.

woohoo!,, hooker boots!! you look great! Your sooo hot my computer screen was smokin..

So good to see you having fun, you are an inspiration to us all.

Tomorrow marks my 9 month post-op from band to sleeve.

What I've learned:

I can eat like a naturally thin person.

I can enjoy exercise and social activities without obesity holding me back.

I loved myself before, but now I actually like myself.

I have recognized my triggers, and weaknesses.

food is fuel, not comfort.

And most importantly, none of the physical changes outweigh how much healthier I am emotionally.

Now for a little attention whoring! ! !

Before 270 pounds size 22/24W

BeforePic-1-1.jpgTiffany%20Before.jpg

Afters 130 pounds size 6

I could never wear hooker boots because my calves were so huge, and I refused to buy ones that were cheap fake leather with elastic stretchy material to accommodate my fattness.

Dress%20After2.jpgDress%20After.jpg

If you are considering the sleeve, research YES, but do not doubt that you can be successful. If I can do it, any one of you can do it. I absolutely love my sleeve, and that life that it affords me each day. Are there some struggles, yes, but the victories far outweigh the little speed bumps along the way.

YES, I know I need to tan.

YOU GO GIRL!!!!! :thumbup: I am very proud of you, you are definately an inspiration to all. . .

Great inspiration Tiff! Could you share your exercise routine.....I was sleeved on 12-15-2009 and seem to be losing a lot slower than some. I am actually thinking of doing a week of liquid again. Once again, GREAT JOB!!

weight.png

What a cool post!! I hope to learn all the things you mentioned. You look fab and I don;t just mean the weight - you can see it in your face and poses! Just fab!!!

Great inspiration Tiff! Could you share your exercise routine.....I was sleeved on 12-15-2009 and seem to be losing a lot slower than some. I am actually thinking of doing a week of liquid again. Once again, GREAT JOB!!

weight.png

Thanks everyone, y'all are wonderful ! ! !

As for my exercise routine.

I had a weight lifting program set up for me by a trainer at the YMCA. It focused on certain parts of the body. Like day 1 was front of the body muscles, chest, biceps, quads, abs, Day 2 was back of the body, shoulders, back (upper and lower), hamstrings. My 3rd day focused on extremities, and doing leg lifts with weighted balls, squats, lunges, and some ab work. I did one day of cardio.

Now, I've cut the cardio out, just started lifting again after gallbladder surgery, and am doing major ab, butt, thigh work outs. I love, love, love Hip Hop Abs for cardio, also Zumba is amazing. My focus was to burn fat by building muscle. This did slow my weight loss down, but I lost inches quickly. Now, that I'm trying to maintain, my main focus is toning up at this point.

I still have a tummy fat roll that I'm working on. It's way smaller than it was even last month, but I knew I would be left with a panni. It's annoying, but it helps give me that hourglassy shape that I've always wanted LOL.

Cardio is great for calorie and fat burning. Weight lifting is great to burn fat, but you'll be building muscle which is leaner, and more dense that fat, so your numbers on the scale may not go down. Take your measurements before you start. This will help keep you going if the numbers don't drop.

Tiff, love the new pictures. You look great and very happy. Thanks for posting them.