Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am about 1.5 months post op and doing well with weight loss. Everyone who sees me once a week or less comments on how good I look and they almost always ask me how I feel. The problem is I don't necessarily feel good (yet). How long does it generally take until you start feeling "good?" I know that is a somewhat ambiguous question and very subjective. I wanted to hear from you veterens who have been such a help and inspiration to me already.

Thanks!

Greg :001_tongue:

I am just behind you on the timeline. I can honestly say I feel fine, pretty much like my old self. However, I do tire out VERY easily. I had hoped to start an exercise routine by now, but I am so pooped out by the time I get home. It's all I can do to get supper on the table, pack lunches, clean up, and then go sit in the recliner for a while. I'm also still trying to get my head around eating so little. I'm not hungry, but I really have to focus on measuring things out & tracking to make sure I get enough Protein (and don't overload my plate & causing myself to get sick).

Hope that helps. I will be interested in reading other responses.

I am 3 months out and I definitely feel so much better each month, more energy and physically feel good since I am working out at the gym, pool 3 x a week atleast. I have a treadmill at home also but the gym really focuses me. I still would like to sometimes drink a tall glass of cold Water and I can drink about 3 good swallows but no more. I would say at 2 months out I was pretty back to normal. My health is so improved, no snoring, don't take bp meds and the weight is steadily falling off which is fine with me. I want my skin to have a chance to catch up. I don't forget my 3 Vitamins daily and need to find a good Calcium pill. Hate to take pills though. I think you will start to feel better when you get all your Protein and fluids in, it is hard at first and requires the most effort but it does get easier.

Good luck!

it took me about a whole 2 months before i started feeling like myself it was 6 weeks before i was pain free and even after two months i would have a bad week now i just have bad days ever now and then and i'm 6 months out.

3 weeks out and I cannot remember the surgery, honestly. It seems like eons ago. I feel fine, but like Monday I was very tired for unknown reason and just went with that and went to bed early. I haven't really started exercising. I don't feel up to that yet and just haven't pushed myself. I've had 2-3 satisfying meals since this thing where I ate and felt satisfied for a while. Starting to learn where to stop although I've made a couple mistakes and regretted it...

My husband says I'm not snoring.

I have had no color in my face, I notice a difference when I put on make up. But yesterday it seemed a little better.

I'll be a full 6 weeks out, tomorrow. And, I still do not feel 100%. Mostly, I get tired very easily and so cannot focus for a long period of time. I'm on soft foods with my carbohydrates coming mainly from my Vitamin supplements (they sure do have a lot of carbs) so I suppose the low energy level is not surprising. I have so many "half way done projects" that I don't want to start other work that also needs doing and soon (taxes! :tongue_smilie:)

Finally, I'm not thrilled with the taste of food I am making. I don't feel good about throwing away so much food.:thumbdown:

Come to think of it, weeks 5-6 didn't make me feel very good at all.:frown1:

But, tomorrow is the start of a new week and hopefully, things will get better :thumbup:

Sorry Pumpkin...the post wasn't supposed to end up where it did...

I'm almost 6 months out and I didn't begin to feel like myself until around 4.5 months out! I'm a head case though...anxiety, and depression hit me immediately after the surgery and food repulsed me until I went on an antidepressant. After that things began to feel normal and my desire to eat was restored. That enabled me to get adequate Protein and fluids and made me feel so much better. I have off days and/or moments but I feel much better and I am only tired when I awake but once I'm up I feel wide awake. My psychiatrist told me that if I didn't have access to medication to help me along, it normally takes about 6 months for the body/mind to regulate itself after a dramatic change or traumatic experience. If she's correct (and I think she is), I should be looking at weaning myself off the head meds really soon.

Well I really never felt bad since day one. . . only if i ate too fast or didn't chew well. . .I'm 10 weeks out and today was amazing. . . I got up at 8 am and had the irresistable urge to do major yard work. . hoeing weeds was in my stars, man I went out there in my back yard where the thistle had grown as tall as my bbq (and I'm not kidding) and hoed them all down, I had so much energy today! Yes it hurt, but man did it feel good to be doing something so very productive! I hoed everything down, raked it and it looks good, now i just have to spray some weed killer for the small succulant weeds and then fertilize it and thats it. . . i have not been able to sit still very long today, whats going on I have no idea! But i like it. . . even went for a walk at 10:30 to pick up the mail. . . never done that before!

Each week post surgery got significantly better and I just kept waiting and then one day I felt good/normal around 3 months post-op.

I still don't feel great and I am 6 weeks out. I have severe diarrhea that I am trying to get through. It is awful. :001_smile:

However, physically, I am training to run a 5k, 10k, 1/2 marathon and then marathon, so I am running every other day and swimming on the days in between. Obviously I feel pretty good in that department.

I remember feeling "weird" about a month after my surgery...it was right around the time I went back to teaching in August. I realized the feeling was because I was on the brink of dehydration. I really started concentrating on getting in the Water and I felt a lot better after that. I'd say by 2 months out I was feeling great.

I am about 1.5 months post op and doing well with weight loss. Everyone who sees me once a week or less comments on how good I look and they almost always ask me how I feel. The problem is I don't necessarily feel good (yet). How long does it generally take until you start feeling "good?" I know that is a somewhat ambiguous question and very subjective. I wanted to hear from you veterens who have been such a help and inspiration to me already.

Thanks!

Greg :)

Well, remember a couple of weeks ago I had the energy from hatese? Had to weed the entire back yard all day long! :blink: Well since that time, I've been exhausted and miserable. . . don't feel like eating, drinking, too tired to do anything. . . just want to sleep. . . I go to bed around 8:30 pm and sleep the whole night through til 6am go to work, come home by 6pm and am ready to go to bed again by 8:30. . . this is so dumb. . . i've never felt this way before. . . even eating is dragging me down. . . I even take a 1 hour nap at work during my lunch time. . . NEVER DID THAT BEFORE! :ohmy: i go to the doctor next tuesday, will find out whats going on at that time. . . goodness this is so not like me :svengo:. . . . anyone else have/had this problem? No I'm not depressed. . . I feel physically exhausted.