Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ugh! Upped My Calories and Gained! Help!

I am about three weeks out and on the mushie stage with two Protein Shakes a day and one mushie. I was doing about 300 calories a day and felt light-headed and weak so I upped it to around 600. The problem is that my weight loss slowed and this morning I showed a gain of .2 lb. Is this the dreaded three week stall or I am messing up? My fat intake was a kind of high yesterday and I didn't exercise.

Advice is really appreciated.:(

TIA,

Pennie

Hi Pennie,

Your weight loss is fabulous! How much of that is since surgery?

I know experienced people will step in. I'm only 12 days out but thought you might like to see the Cornell recommendations. It doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong. Your body may be rebelling from adding calories so quickly. How's your carb count?

Weeks 0-2: Total Cal: 400-600 Total Carbs: <40 Total Protein: 70

Weeks 3 - 3 months (Soft Foods): Total Cal: 600-800 Total Carbs: <40 Total Protein: 70 - 90

3 - 12 months (Regular Food): Tota Cal: <800 Total Carbs: <40 Total Protein: 70 - 90

After Reaching Goal (Regular Food): Tota Cal: 1000 - 1200 Total Carbs: 40 - 60 Total Protein: 70 - 90

Good luck!

Well, I wouldn't worry about it. I did the 2 week preop liquid and then after about a week post op I stalled too. I even gained a little bit, maybe 1.5 lbs. But I was hardly eating so it was strange. I didn't worry about it a lot, I just made sure I was drinking my Water. About a week later I started losing again and I broke that plateau by a couple lbs. So overall that is like 24-25 lbs in a month so how can I complain about that, you know?

Looks like you already lost a lot of weight for just starting, you are doing great.

One thing that seemed to help me was we went to the rodeo cook off and carnival and I walked my butt off. For some reason that helped things intestinally if you know what I mean. I think I was stalled in there too, still am a little bit.

I held onto common sense, I mean crap I'm starving myself practically it seems, so how could I not eventually break the plateau? It is literally impossible. I think I only take in about 3-400 calories a day as it is.

You definitely haven't messed anything up. 0.2lbs can be gone with a good poop. I promise your body is just adjusting to all of these changes. Put the scale away, and stick with the basics.

Hang in there, your body is just trying to figure out what the heck is going on.

Going from 300 to 600 is not going to cause *gain*. Like Tiffy said, a t*rd can weigh that much. Don't over think it. Progress with come. Don't be so dependent on the scale. Good luck!!

0.2 pounds is not a mess up. I was worried too when I hit a stall around 2.5 weeks out and then actually gained 2 pounds, then lost it again, just to gain and lose for a couple of weeks. You are doing fantastic with the weight loss!

If you burn ever day being alive 1400+ going from 300 to 600 energy is still loss....

You always flucuate in weight up to 3 pounds...try to stay focused on the big picture and keep up the good work :001_tongue:

48 lbs.....since your preop diet....YOU GO GIRL !!!! I think you are doing great.....Maybe you just didn't drink enough water...but STILL daily fluctuations are normal aren't they?

You are my inspiration....