Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Small NSV -- But I'll take it!

Today it was rather cool and I still have tons of yard work to do, so I pulled out a long sleeve t-shirt.

2XL -- Says "Sturgis 2005" -- I think it has a skull and biker designs on it.......if you've ever been to Sturgis for Bike Week, you'd know what I'm talking about.

I originally bought this shirt at a men's 2XL because my hips were so big that the bottom of the shirt would ride up. And if I bought it any smaller, then the shirt would be so tight and uncomfortable and just look terrible. :faint:

So we went to the dump and then the store and as I was walking toward the entrance of the store, I realized the shirt hung past my hips, over my butt and basically looked like a dress! I stopped dead in the middle of the parking lot and told my husband, "look! Look at my shirt!" and he kind of looked at me like I was crazy. I said, "no, LOOK at how my shirt fits! It's the first time I've ever worn this shirt when it just HUNG on me!" :o Then I wiggle my butt and danced to the entrance of the store. :clap2:

I'm sure the other customers thought I was crazy, but I didn't care. :heh: It's a small NSV, but I'll take anything I can! :biggrin1: Also, if I have to pull my pants up one more time......... :grouphug:

Hi Marci,

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

I have had the same problem with my pants. I got so tired of my crotch hanging down to my knees that I came up with a solution.

I have threaded elastic through most of my pants. I then can just tie the elastic tighter as they get loose. It beats having to buy a whole new wardrobe for the summer.

My husband just shakes his head and laughs when he sees me pull out the scissors, safety pin and elastic. I am way to thrifty for my own good sometimes, but, I like my summer clothes and I don't want to spend money on clothes that I will only wear one season.

When I hit -50, I will Celebrate with a new bra and outfit! I might not make it to -50 for the bra. The "girls" just aren't what they used to be :grouphug:. That's actually a good thing!

Anyway, I was glad to hear good things from another early May bandster.

Wow! Someone from Wyoming! w00t!

Grats on your NSV and I don't think it was a small one at all! Get prepared for lots more. I swear this has got to be the adventure of a lifetime. Every week brings new surprises and joys. :grouphug:

Marci! Congratulations!

I know what you mean by those "souvenier" shirts. I bought some for the very same reasons you did. Now they fit more like dresses. No more "sticking" to my butt! Woo Hoo!!

When I would buy a new Harley shirt I almost always bought a mens because I refuse to look like a stuffed sausage on the back of the bike. I now have a wardrobe of really good Harley night shirts to sleep in and bum around the house because they look like dresses otherwise.

It sure feels good doesn't it :o

Good for you on your NSV! That first "wow it's really working" is actally a bit more than a small NSV...you go girl!

YAY FOR YOU!

Skye

And....who cares if folks think you look silly dancing into the store in your Sturgis dress :grouphug: you feel good....you look good....you are doing GREAT!

Congrats .

I too bought shirt from a theme park and it was too tight . The other day I gave it away. As you lose ,you will want to buy new clothes. Get ready for the ride of a lifetime. Just think lower grocery bills = more money for clothes.

ENJOY:clap2: