Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Did anyone buy skinny clothes before they lost?

I really want to buy a cute dress, but I haven't lost much yet (and not sure when I will be able to start losing)

Have you bought clothes before they fit? Like a goal outfit? I have done this beofre with other diets and it is always motiviating to keep working to be able to get into something you love.

This is the dress, but in real life it is a rich bright red, not coral colored. It is so cute and has sleeves, but I have no idea what size I would buy, etc. It seems like a dumb and silly thing to do, but I really love it.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this? :(

It is funny you should post this because I just did this. I found 2 dresses that I absolutely fell in love with and I bought them both. I bought a size 12. I am just now getting into 16s so I am hoping that in the next few months, at least, I will be able to wear them. I absolutely love dresses and can't wait to be able to wear these two. I say just do it. Buy that dress and hang it where you can look at it every day. Remember, the difference with us now is that is isn't a diet. We will succeed!

Buy the dress!!!

I think its not only a GREAT motivator!!

But..... its something to keep you inspired.

I sometimes get frustrated that I cant eat certain things and it makes me sad. So with a hot little sexy number of a dress to look at every day it keeps my mind in the "positive" and reminds me that this is all so worth it!!!

:wink0::crying::ohmy:

LOL -- I have a whole closet full of skinny clothes I'm just waiting to get back into!

I have a closet full too since I was skinny until the last couple of years :wink0:

We are going on a cruise in a couple of weeks. I am down over 25lbs after only 3 weeks post op. I did buy a formal in size 14. We are also taking another cruise in 10 months. I bought 2 more formals; one a 12 and one a 10. I love formal night on the ship as it is the only opportunity I have to dress like a girl LOL I started out 3 weeks ago as a size 16/18 (depending upon the cut). I have no doubt that 14 will fit me. If it doesn't, well that's why Spanx were created LOL BUY THE DRESS :ohmy: I figure if I am thinner, then I can always get one altered and taken in. It's hard to let stuff out unless you have the extra fabric.

I really want to buy a cute dress, but I haven't lost much yet (and not sure when I will be able to start losing)

Have you bought clothes before they fit? Like a goal outfit? I have done this beofre with other diets and it is always motiviating to keep working to be able to get into something you love.

This is the dress, but in real life it is a rich bright red, not coral colored. It is so cute and has sleeves, but I have no idea what size I would buy, etc. It seems like a dumb and silly thing to do, but I really love it.

Just wondering if anyone else has done this? :wink0:

As a fat girl, I own all the sizes in the world. . .from 4XL to Medium. . . I never give clothes away especially if they are nice clothes. . . so for me, my motivation is getting down to the medium whatevers. . .I tried on my daughters skort last night and it fit snuggly:rolleyes:. . . looked major cute! Even hubbie gave me the dead dear eyes! it was hilarous! I major hate shopping for clothes, so having all of these is great, I have literally 4 closets full of clothes.:ohmy:

I have an outfit that I bought about 15 years ago when I was at my lowest adult weight. It's a slim 10. I have almost tossed it out several times over the past years, but never could bring myself to part with it. After reading this post, I think I'm going to Iron it & hang it in a prominent place in my closet. That way I can look at it & remind myself that one day I will wear it again and maybe one day it will be too big.

I am on a self-impossed clothing shopping ban until the summer, but I compulsively 'fake-shop-online' and think about all the lovely clothes I am going to buy this summer. :wink0:

I did go shopping with a girlfriend recently, she wanted my input, and I bought a size 10 dress that was cut small. It was very summer-y, but I knew I could not find it anywhere else. (It was at Loehmanns). I have also saved my birthday dress from last year when I was at my skinniest. I want to wear that soon as well. All my other cute clothes are going to the consignment store once I overgrow them, and the ones that are not 'brand names' will go to my twice a year swap with my girlfriends.

I have an outfit that I bought about 15 years ago when I was at my lowest adult weight. It's a slim 10. I have almost tossed it out several times over the past years, but never could bring myself to part with it. After reading this post, I think I'm going to Iron it & hang it in a prominent place in my closet. That way I can look at it & remind myself that one day I will wear it again and maybe one day it will be too big.

Hi Mini!

I was not sure how to send a private message and I wanted to ask you since you are just one day ahead of me in surgery dates......

are you eating regular food now???

I am still just in mushies and was wondering if it would be alright for me to start eating normal food now.

I spoke with a girl that had surgery with me at Jerusalem clinic this morning and she said that she was eating normal foods now.

Are you?

Hi Mini!

I was not sure how to send a private message and I wanted to ask you since you are just one day ahead of me in surgery dates......

are you eating regular food now???

I am still just in mushies and was wondering if it would be alright for me to start eating normal food now.

I spoke with a girl that had surgery with me at Jerusalem clinic this morning and she said that she was eating normal foods now.

Are you?

I had surgery a couple of days after you guys (2/1). My doctor gave me the all clear already. He just told me to ease into it, "No bread, no steak until I give you the all clear. And NO CARBONATION" he knows that I like beer and diet dr pepper LOL

I had a pair of goal jeans that I bought a few years ago. Well, funny thing happened one day when I was doing the "closet clean out" for the upteenth bajillion time. I decided to try them on, and ummmm I had somehow skipped right over that size, and that were not going to ever fit. They were saggy in the butt, and thighs that I could not of worn them in public. So, off to the woman's shelter they went.

For me, I would have to lose 25-30 pounds to move comfortably to the lower size while I was wearing plus size clothes, but once I got down to about a 18 regular, it only took me about 10-15 pounds to get into the next size. So, if you buy goal clothes, make sure you try them on often once you really start dropping weight, or you'll shrink right out of them.

So, if you buy goal clothes, make sure you try them on often once you really start dropping weight, or you'll shrink right out of them.

I sooooooo want that problem! :wink0:

Sabrina, I've booked a cruise for next January 2. I figure I should be at goal by then so I am planning on having all kinds of cute swimsuits and formalwear and resortwear and you name it! :ohmy:

I don't plan to buy any clothes until I can fit into them. I love to watch "What Not to Wear," and one of the things I've learned from that show is not to buy anything unless it fits perfectly and looks great RIGHT NOW. I don't want to be in Tiffykins' predicament and miss out on any of my "goal clothes!" :wink0: (Kind of reminds me of when my son was born -- people would give him cute little baby outfits and he'd grow so fast he'd never get to wear them!)

WELL i think you should go or it! i also have cloths from skinny to fat. and would like to buy a new skinny dress for motivation! but unlike you all i have not even had the sleeve. i am just seriously considering it. reading all of your post makes me want it tomorrow though. if i am able to do this, i will have to wait till august. so i will just dream about the possibilities! i sure need to learn how to 1)place a picture of me 2)learn how to create a signature with a ticker. you are all inspirational to me. kelly

LOL -- I have a whole closet full of skinny clothes I'm just waiting to get back into!

Ha! Me too! Bins full of awesome clothes. We will have to see if they are still in style when I lose! I agree with you on Stacey and Clintons philosophy though, good point.

I forget to add the dress, except it is a gorgeous red!

PG.10163562.JJ8YUXX.PD.jpg