Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6.5 post-op story and pictures!

Well, it's been 6 1/2 months and I thought I would post my progress for the first time. I am down 60 pounds (ticker says 59). My surgery was mostly un-eventful except for some nausea while in the hospital and for 2-3 days after I got home. Chancie helped me a lot on here. Looking back this is to be almost expected. Dr. Alanis is a fantastic surgeon and I would recommend him to anyone in the Houston area that is looking for a experienced, caring, low-cost surgeon in the states.

As far as my home life, my husband and I have such a better intimate relationship, not because anything has changed for him, but for me. As a mother I am more involved as a whole, not this person that dreads to get up or go out but welcomes it. I love planning the next thing to do. For the first time ever I welcome the Texas summer! I'm not this aching, person in mental and physical pain anymore.

Right now in my loss, I am in a slight stall. This is mostly from my own doing, I have been eating mostly whatever I want, just in smaller portions. For the last 6 months I have been watching, watching, watching, what I eat, feeling guilty when I mess up, and stressing. I am just wanting to step away from that mentality for awhile. I know these last 10-12 pounds from my goal will come, I just am not going to allow myself to worry over it. I have not had a exercise regime this whole time, I'm just more active as a whole. I know when the time comes that I want these last dozen pounds gone I will lose it, and I will have to work out. I'm happily neutral right now!

My stats are:

Weight: Pre 218-222

Now 161-163

Goal 150

Jeans: Pre 20-22

Now 14's

Goal ? 12-10 ?

Shirts: Pre: 2XL-3XL

Now M-L

Goal: Maybe all Mediums?

Shoes: Pre: 8

Now 7-7.5

Goal: none really

So, for the first time ever I thought I would post some pics!! I don't have many pre-op full body shots of myself, for obvious reasons, but you'll get the idea.

BEFORE:

th_HPIM0988.jpg

3/2008

BEFORE:

th_HPIM1279-1.jpg

Galveston 2008

NOW:

th_IMG_1021.jpg

In old slacks

NOW:

th_0be486ba.jpg

Fixing to go out!

XOXOXOX!!

Edited by alegna242
adding tags to pics

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience. It seems like you have a very good outlook on this loss and life.

Congratulations. Thanks for posting. You have done an amazing job. And, I like your attitude about not stressing. You look GREAT!

Amazing results, and you are smokin' HOT ! ! !

I have heard so many fabulous things about Dr. Alanis, and glad you had a great experience.

Thanks Tiff, you are my, and probably most of the people on here biggest inspiration!

True Texas Girl-"FIXING to go out." How did you break your to go out? Do you think it will be as good after you FIX it? LOL. I am a Texas Boy so I can bust on you a little. Ya'll out of staters cain't though, Alright?

BTW, you look great, keep up the good work.

Bill

Alegna:

You are truly an inspiration! Congrats on your weigh tloss! I can't wait to have lost 60lbs! I've only lost 15 lbs so far :thumbup:

Anyway, you look awesome! Congrats!

True Texas Girl-"FIXING to go out." How did you break your to go out? Do you think it will be as good after you FIX it? LOL. I am a Texas Boy so I can bust on you a little. Ya'll out of staters cain't though, Alright?

BTW, you look great, keep up the good work.

Bill

Ha,Ha! Yeah I guess I can't avoid it! Strange thing I'm not from Texas, my husband is, long time ago I used to make fun of him for saying "fixin" and "ya'all" now it just flows outta my mouth! I still say "you guys" though! I'm not sure what I was "fixin" to fix, but I know I was looking good while doing it!

Alegna:

You are truly an inspiration! Congrats on your weigh tloss! I can't wait to have lost 60lbs! I've only lost 15 lbs so far :(

Anyway, you look awesome! Congrats!

Time will fly, trust me. I can't believe it's been over 6 months!