Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Life Changes...here I come!

After 37 years of struggling with my weight, I too have taken the leap - I have found a sugeon and have scheduled the date...March 24th. I am thrilled, scared, elated, nervous, but mostly just REALLY EXCITED about the prospect of getting the help I need to overcome this thing that I have struggled with for so long. I am really blessed to have the full support of my friends and family - and especially a friend of mine who took the same leap...just one month ago. She is my daily reminder of hope that wonderful changes are coming!:confused1: She told me she had lost 30 pounds as of today...amazing!

Everything inside of me tells me that this is the right thing for me. I have had some moments of :thumbup:, but so far they seem really normal and quickly overcome with excitment of things to come. Just one month until the big day...

Cricket-Chrys

Congrats on getting a date. It is a life changing experience and

I am so glad I found this forum and learned about the sleeve before

I had the band put in. I was headed that way when I found out about

the sleeve and I am very pleased with the sleeve. I'm a month out

and have lost 48 pounds, being a guy though it is expected that I will

loose a little faster. But the forum shows how wonderful the sleeve is

working for women too.

I know you are excited and time will fly by and you will be one the losers

bench too. Keep us posted on how everything goes.

Gary

Thanks Gary...I feel really happy about finding this forum too! Congrats to you and your successes to date! Wow - how encouraging. Can't wait! :confused1:

Cricket, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting your sleeve date. Everything you are feeling is normal. It is a huge life changing event, but each day gets easier and becomes the norm. It's all about changing our habits and relationship with food. It definitely works! Best wishes to you.

Barb

After 37 years of struggling with my weight, I too have taken the leap - I have found a sugeon and have scheduled the date...March 24th. I am thrilled, scared, elated, nervous, but mostly just REALLY EXCITED about the prospect of getting the help I need to overcome this thing that I have struggled with for so long. I am really blessed to have the full support of my friends and family - and especially a friend of mine who took the same leap...just one month ago. She is my daily reminder of hope that wonderful changes are coming!:thumbup: She told me she had lost 30 pounds as of today...amazing!

Everything inside of me tells me that this is the right thing for me. I have had some moments of :crying:, but so far they seem really normal and quickly overcome with excitment of things to come. Just one month until the big day...

Cricket-Chrys

Cricket you are going to do wonderful. . . of course you are, your having your surgery on my birthday! And March 24th is a glorious day for all! :thumbup1:

Have you done your research on the sleeve? Have you gone to your seminar? Just to let you know, this is permanent, you'll have this forever, in the beginning it is the weirdest feeling you'll ever experience, you may even hate it (I did, for about 1 week), but hang in there, it does get better. . . after you start seeing those pounds fall off (literally) your only regret will be that you didn't do this sooner (I lost 53lbs in 7 weeks). . . there will be days,(minor pity party days) but they are not bad. . . I'm proud of you and soon you will be here with the rest of us, giving advice to the newbies and helping them through their fears just like we are doing with you. . . good luck soon to be sleeve sister, you are strong and you will conquer the big bad fat demon, like so many of us have! :biggrin2:

Edited by thinoneday

Hey Cricket, and welcome to VST.

The sleeve is absolutely fabulous, and you will do fabulously. I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about my life post-op. There's ups and downs, but honestly, the victories outweigh any of the little speed bumps we experience along the way.

Best wishes and keep us posted on your progress.

Welcome! I found this forum in December and had my surgery in January. The people out here are fabulous. Ask any questions you may have.

We will be glad to have you on the Loser Bench with us.

Hiya Cricket! I found this forum in November and had my Sleeve last week. I'm so happy I found this forum so that I didn't have the Band put in. YAY. You've come to the right place for encouragment and information.

Welcome!

Welcome! I found this forum in December and had my surgery in January. The people out here are fabulous. Ask any questions you may have.

We will be glad to have you on the Loser Bench with us.

I'm scheduled for surgery in June - seminar on April 6ht!!! Is it hard to figure out WHAT to eat after the liquids, mushies and all that while you are healing? Do we have to count carbs, fat grams etc. or just 'watch' what we eat? How difficult is this tool to work with? It seems like just

watching what we eat....keeping Protein up and sugars at a min. Sat. fat

and partially hydrogenated stuff OUT...I'm just thinking of stuff we've

changed since my husband had a stent put in....plus a little of what I've

read here. Am I correct or am I in for a lot of counting and adding in my head??!! :thumbup1: I cannot wait to get started on this journey!

Welcome to VST and congratulations on getting your date! Good luck with the pre-op journey and keep us posted.

nice to hear you're all positive and excited, and for sure you won't regret it!! you'll definitely love the results.

wish you the best.

Hi Native Texan : )

There seems to be a few post-op choices. I agree, trying to figure out how much Protein I am getting each day makes my head hurt. lol

I opted for the Cornell diet. You can find it at http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/pdf/dietary_guidelines_sleeve_gastrectomy.pdf

I think the main thing is to take it slow and see what works for you. I have had a bump today but think it was meds I took and not my choice of food - which had been fine the previous day or two.

I hear people talking about eating chili and loving it - and I couldn't eat much chili before my surgery, so it doesn't sound good to me at all! : )