Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I honestly think this tools is not going to work for me. I am 4 weeks out today and have only lost 15 pounds and that was all in the first week. I haven't lost a single pound in 3 weeks. I also feel hungry all the time. This is sooooo discouraging!!!:blush:

My doc has givin me the go ahead to pretty much eat anything since I wasn't able to get any Protein down because they all are so horrible tasting. He said I had to get protein some way since my blood presure was dropping and I had an irregural heartbeat at my one week appt.

What is everyone eating at 4 weeks out? Maybe I am eating to many carbs or cals? What is the right amount of carbs and cals that I should be having?

:crying:

I'll be 4 weeks out tomorrow and I have lost 14.5 pounds. The other 20 was on the pre-op, please don't get discouraged....I eat 2 scrambled eggs for Breakfast, 4 oz. of tuna with a little mayo and relish for lunch and 3 nice size meatballs with sauce and some shredded cheese for dinner. I also will have greek yogurt and sometimes a shake depending no my Protein levels for the day. I get at least 64 oz of Water a day. Hang in there, try to exercise and just keep trying.....

what kinds of things are you eating?

ARe you drinking Water?

I am going to be 4 weeks post op this Thursday and I have lost total 26 lbs.

7 of that was pre op though.

Today I had greek yogurt and a half of a banana for bfast

cottage cheese and a little bit of Trader Joes brand Vegetarian Chili for lunch

dinner was about a 1/4 baked potato with butter and cheddar cheese

I had a yogurt for a snack right now.

I got a gym membership and was just walking on the treadmill and doing the bike. But I went to the ER on Sunday because I had such sharp pains in my left side and they told me I pulled some muscles around my main incision. It hurts to bend over or walk sometimes. So needless to say no working out for a while? :blush:

Are you on an acid reducer like Prilosec or Nexium?

Less than 30 carbs kept my weight loss dropping, I didn't have a stall for 6 months. Not one week went by that I didn't lose weight.

600-800 calories were my recommendations daily intake with 60 grams of Protein per day.

Try some soft solids, such as chicken salad, tuna salad, soft cheeses, and can you drink milk, soy milk, to help with your Protein intake?

Most people hit a stall around the same time you are experiencing one. It's not uncommon, and you have to give it time. None of us got fat overnight, it isn't going to fall off of us overnight either. So, you have to make adjustments, stop stressing as it won't help the cause, and be positive. You're only a month out, and you can and will be successful, if you believe you will be. If you surround yourself with pessimistic thoughts, it's only going to wear you down.

Sometimes, taking your measurements, and seeing if your clothes are fitting differently will help you see changes when the numbers on the scale aren't giving us a lot.

Don't give up.

Hey, I wrote the same post- last week and the week before. But I have to tell you- the scale FINALLY MOVED TODAY!!! I seriously believe it is from the advice I received from Tiffy and other members of this board. I needed to reduce my carbs- and have since reduced them to around 30g a day, and up my protein- even more than the 60g I was getting. I have been having an extra Protein Shake everyday, and have cut out all carbs that do not come from a 'protein source'. I honestly believe that is what broke my stall. Like you- I was eating around 800 cals a day, and walking everyday.

Rlocke,

Hang in there. It is a long race and remember we are just at the beginning! I was sleeved at the end of Dec., so I am bit further out than you. I probably eat a bit more carbs that is ideal, but I make sure all of my food is as healthy as possible. Most days I have 1/2 yogurt & 1/2 cottage cheese, then for lunch usually tuna, but today I had 5 think ham slices with one wedge of laughing cow cheese, then I roll them up. They are yum. Tonight I plan to have swai (fish) and roasted veggies. I always save myself a late night treat of either a sf fudge pop or sf popsicle. I have lost about 30 so far, but only lose about 1-2 pounds a week at this point.

Well thanks ladies for all of the advice. I guess I will try lowering my carbs and uping my Protein and see if that will help.

You would just think by cutting my whole food intake and cutting sodas alone would make me lose weight.

Rlocke- crossing fingers for you. I would be happy to share my food diary with you- PM me. Some carbs like to 'sneak in' so be sure to log. You will do fine darling.

I was in the same boat. I am a month and 4 days. The scale had not moved in 2 weeks. I cut down my carbs to less than 30 and I have lost 3 pounds since Monday. This is what I have been eating this week.

Egg Beaters w cheese, I did Peanut Butter on a piece of 45 calorie toast. (Peanut butter can be high in fat.) But it is oooohhh so good.

today I had tuna fish salad on one slice of toasted 45 calorie bread

dinner was tilapia with steamed broccoli.

Last night was the first night I ate chicken breast but I chewed it really good! One thing I really like and is really easy to eat is the deli turkey with laughing cow cheese. It is really good and filling.

Its hard when you think that this isn't working for you. I know. I was thinking the same thing 3 days ago. I even cried. Thinking that I couldn't eat what I wanted and I'm still going to be fat!. Well......I'm just going to have to do the carb thing until I hit goal and then I'll be able to add in more carbs.

COOPERSMAMA...glad to here that the scale moved!

Don't feel bad. I am 4 weeks out as well and I stalled 2 weeks out when I transitioned from liquids to soft foods and again for this past week because I started going to the gym. I have been eating and drinking everything I've been told including taking extra Fiber gummies and Water to help with the Constipation. I know it seems tough but we will lose just like the others we read about. I wouldn't trade a day of stalls or constipation for all the pounds I've lost so far because I know with each pound I'm a step closer to my goal and a pound healthier from my previous health challenges. Please keep smiling because it will happen sooner than you think.

weight.png

Today is one month since my surgery. Be glad you are where you are, loosing weight in a healty way. I have lost total 60lbs, 22lbs of that preop, but I can't eat anything really without getting sick. I haven't been able to drink anywhere near my 64oz of Water in weeks and really watching for signs of moderate dehydration. I know I am in mild dehydration now. I try to eat less than an oz and get the slims, sweats, and gag like I am going to throwup but never do. I am learning that I can drink until I try to eat and then that is it for the day. This morning I was feeling alright, downed 8oz of Gatoraide, waited about an hour, ate less than 1/4 of one egg, taking about 1/2 hour to eat that, and have been sick the rest of the day. I am begining to think I have a stricture. The doctor says my tummy is just still really swollen. Getting really tired of this though. I feel sick and thristy. Not really happy about the weight loss, since it has been so unhealthy. Loosing weight slow seems to have a lot of advantages. If your not eating as much as you use to you are going to loose. So feel good about it dont' get discouraged, you are staying healthy as you loose.

Today is one month since my surgery. Be glad you are where you are, loosing weight in a healty way. I have lost total 60lbs, 22lbs of that preop, but I can't eat anything really without getting sick. I haven't been able to drink anywhere near my 64oz of Water in weeks and really watching for signs of moderate dehydration. I know I am in mild dehydration now. I try to eat less than an oz and get the slims, sweats, and gag like I am going to throwup but never do. I am learning that I can drink until I try to eat and then that is it for the day. This morning I was feeling alright, downed 8oz of Gatoraide, waited about an hour, ate less than 1/4 of one egg, taking about 1/2 hour to eat that, and have been sick the rest of the day. I am begining to think I have a stricture. The doctor says my tummy is just still really swollen. Getting really tired of this though. I feel sick and thristy. Not really happy about the weight loss, since it has been so unhealthy. Loosing weight slow seems to have a lot of advantages. If your not eating as much as you use to you are going to loose. So feel good about it dont' get discouraged, you are staying healthy as you loose.

Can you get into your PCP to get a referral for a scope to rule out any strictures?

I know how you feel! Abt 2 mos out and hit stall. Went to Protein shakes for a couple days to 'kick start' loss again... Check out BuddySlim online: it's free and has a great food journal that tracks carbs, cals, Protein, everything! Those hidden carbs are killers... hang tight

weight.png

Loser, this doesn't sound good at all. Have you called your surgeon to see what he thinks? Hope you get past this soon.:(