Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pork rinds?

my insurance want pay for a ppi either because you can get them otc. so my mom gets them for me on her script. how fair is that for my mom to have get them for me!!!

Pork rinds were my first HAPPY Protein find!

Only mine are 250 cals, 33g protein for a small 45g bag.

These are great for the munchies without feeling guilty. (I have chronic pain as a result of the lapband and take pain pills/medical THC for it)

Loser, Dr. Aceves sent us home with Nexium, but since I've had to increase my dosage due to the blood clots and the fact that I'm taking aspirin everyday, he suggested I by Prilosec. He said it is basically the same thing. So right now I am taking Nexium in the morning and prilosec in the evenings.

I want to try the Pork rinds but I'm so scared they will be dry since we can't drink. Do they go down ok without drinking anything?

Barbara, Are you using over the counter Prilosec?

Yes loser, that's what Dr Aceves recommended I get in place of my Nexium.

I want to try the Pork rinds but I'm so scared they will be dry since we can't drink. Do they go down ok without drinking anything?

They go down fine for me without drink, but if you're having problems with being thirsty while eating, you're probably not properly hydrated. I try to drink a lot of Water. When I actually do it, I don't have any problem with being thirsty while eating dinner and it helps me get in a lot more food than I would if I had been slacking on the Water and have to drink with my meal.

My surgeon never said anything about not drinking before/during/after but of course I know that we shouldn't. I think it's mostly important for RNYers or Lapbanders. My sleeve is a 40, so I have enough room for a few sips with my meal if I need it. Regardless, when I'm drinking all the water I'm supposed to, my intestines are full of water and hydrated enough that even if I'm eating something salty, I don't get the sensation to drink.

Hey another suggestion for humus...we have a store here called Publix and they sell miniture sweet peppers (red,yellow and orange) by Pero Family Farms (Parallels H-Sphere) THEY ARE DELICIOUS WITH HUMAS or if you want to get creative, create some type of dip with greek yogurt....they are really really good. I also end up dicing them, some onion and saute them, then add a can of black Beans or black bean soup...yummy for those still on mushies....Keep up all the good work ladies and gentlemen....you all are doing GREAT!

I am so glad everyone is coming up with neato ways to enjoy the Pork rinds. I've made nacho's a couple times and am happy to say that I'm totally stuffed with just 6 or 7 pork rind chips. There have been a couple occasions that I've been near the end of the day and didn't have enough Protein but was at my limit on carbs. Pork Rinds and cheese to the rescue!

Loser,

Have you not been taking any meds for acids? I would have had some serious problems with my stomach if not on Nexium. Bought 2 months supply in Mx but now on otc prevacid and I know I couldn't go off them any time soon. Maybe in the future, I am 3 months out.