Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved yesterday about 8 am, left the hospital today and am home. I feel great, just sore like I've done a bunch of sit ups. The worst part for me was removing the drain, ouch! Other than than I feel great, walked alot in the hospital, having a problem getting Water down but it's getting better. The gas builds up and as soon as I feel the pressure I take a deep breath and it subsides! So far so good, I can't believe it's over though..my journey begins now!!:svengo:

Amazing! Congratulations and welcome to the club!!!! Take it easy this week and let yourself heal!!

Welcome to the Loser's Club. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

yay! i cant wait to be in your shoes! hopefully only 2 or 3 more weeks to go. congrats and good luck. how was your experience with the anesthesia?

Shauna,

Congrats!! Tomorrow will be 1 week post-op for me! I'm still very sore in my abdomen and having problems intaking enough Protein, but I think it will all get better!

Welcome to this side of the road and good luck on your journey!

Sury

Congratulations Shauna!!!i'm right behind you.Glad to hear your doing well!!!:001_smile:

WELCOME to the loser's bench Shauna. We are glad to have you alongside us on this journey. Let us know if we can help you.

Me too! Just sleeved on 2/15 - home now trying to sip down 64oz liquids. Sometimes my gulps are too big, feels horrible going down. Incisions a bit sore - unwilling to take pain meds as soreness isn't too terrible to deal with.

My stomach is making funky sounds, sometimes a little pressure when I switch up the liquids from sodium broth to sweet Gatorade. Any one else experience Week 1 this way?

Feel very tired all the time - hope will pass

Shauna, YAY!!! I'm right here on the loser's bench with you. How are you feeling today. I was the 17th and I feel absolutely terrific today. Very little pain and just lots of excitement!!

Has anyone heard about MellaElla and how she's doing?

Well congrats all you new sleevers! I guess I'm a veteran now that I've already been sleeved for 11 days, huh?

I went to doctor today and he said I was okay. I really hear a lot of concerns about surgeon offices. I have some too, and I decided to share them with my doctor. He was so embarrassed. His staff is just not in tune to how big a deal this is and there is NO advocacy whatsoever. I kindly told him I felt this would eventually hurt his practice if he did not find a social worker/nurse/short-term case manager. Hopefully he LISTENED.

To top it off when I went in today he looked at his computer and finally said, I did do the bypass on you, right? I'm like holy crap - you don't even know which surgery you did for me? No wonder no one knows who I am when I call.......I am hoping he forgets to cash that check too, right?

I was soooooo kind and caring, and yet sooooooooooo confrontive. He is a good surgeon, but I kind of feel he is not getting the hang of the psychosocial/advocacy part of this - but heck, then again he doesn't even know the surgery he did. But as a business owner I totally get it. He is a NERD. He is not a business owner/manager. You can see he is lost and overwhelmed b/c his practice IS fairly busy. I kind of felt for him but I do NOT NOT NOT need another job as I have 2 businesses of my own. But I will refer someone to him if I meet the right person. Every business needs the nosey office manager person that meets a customer once and knows them forever.

But he did write me a prescription for my thyroid medicine so that is good. Worse yet, in his lobby I met a pretty old lady that had the sleeve with him Dec 28th and had a leak and was in the hospital for 30 days. That scared me shitless. She had a weird color to her, but she seemed to be recovering. She looked pretty old, I was wondering how old can you get this surgery. I would guess she was close to 70. She said they kept saying it was her spleen, but it was a leak. I mean crap people, is the doctor so overconfident that he wouldn't do a test as a precaution? Then she said, HOW are you getting your Protein in? And then they quickly called her to the back and I never saw her again.

My doctor is a decent surgeon from what I researched, so I don't want to bash him. He is a really nice man. But I won't personally refer him to ANYONE.

I've lost like 21 lbs but I can't figure out how to update my ticker.....I'll figure that out next.

Congratulations to Shauna, (hard to believe you were only in the hospital one day!), and Coco and all recent sleevees! You all seem to be doing excellent so early out. I wish you all smooth sailing as you go...Pumpkin thanks for sharing a bit about your surgeon. At 5 months out I'm still learning from those of you who are just starting your journey.