Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pizza you will ADORE! (and your waistline won't protest)

ok everybody...here's what I tried today.....AWESOME!

3 slices of sandwich size pepperoni (sliced thin by the deli)

I nuked these for 30 seconds in the microwave (on a bed of paper towels)

(Most of the grease goes into the paper towels.)

topped each one with a few drops of Contadina pizza sauce (squeeze bottle) smeared around a bit

topped that with a couple Tablespoons low fat mozzerella (divided between all three)

Put back into the microwave for another 15-20 seconds until cheese is melted.

The pepperoni gets so crispy...loads of flavor...NO SOGGY CRUST! You could slice up a black olive or chop up a mushroom to add to this.

About 2 carbs total for all three (from the pizza sauce and cheese).

No idea of calories until I get back to the store and get the Nutritional info from the deli.

But this was great! 3 of them were a very satisfying portion because it's crunchy, gooey, cheesy, salty, pizza, pepperoni flavor packed!!!!

You'll be sorry if you don't try this one!

Ohhhhh... that is SO on my list for when I get to full solids!!

Tracy,

Thanks for the great recipe. My family were having real pizza last night. I made these for myself and they were yummy!!! Plus, I felt like I was "part of the group" too, since I was having "pizza".

Millie

topped each one with a few drops of Contadina pizza sauce (squeeze bottle) smeared around a bit

topped that with a couple Tablespoons low fat mozzerella (divided between all three)

The pepperoni gets so crispy...loads of flavor...NO SOGGY CRUST! You could slice up a black olive or chop up a mushroom to add to this.

No idea of calories until I get back to the store and get the Nutritional info from the deli.

But this was great! 3 of them were a very satisfying portion because it's crunchy, gooey, cheesy, salty, pizza, pepperoni flavor packed!!!!

Tracy,

Did you ever figure out the calorie count? Just curious. These sound delicious.

:thumbup1: Tracy that pepperoni pizza just made my mouth water! Do you think it's possible to make the same without using a microwave? :blush:

I bet they'd work great on a cookie sheet under the broiler in the oven... maybe the second shelf down so they don't burn?

Yes! You know since I don't cook for anyone but myself really and since the surgery, my brain has been in a fog when it comes to food preparation. The cookie sheet in broiler second shelf down should do it and I can place the crispy pepperoni on paper towels to absorb the grease before adding the sauce and cheese...bingo! Thank you.

We made delicious pizzas last night for dinner.

We used those small tortillas. They were great!

Here's what I did:

I cut up red onion, red bell pepper, 2 cloves of garlic, some spring onion, a couple jalapenos, and sauteed it. Then I cooked some chicken breast in small pieces on low heat (1 teaspoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of water) with the lid on. Then I mixed the meat and veggies together.

I zapped the 3 tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. This helps them harden and brown later. Preheated the oven to 200 celcius.

I diced 2 more cloves of garlic and added it with a tiny bit of garlic and onion salt to a teaspoon of butter. I spread the mix lightly on the 3 tortillas and sprayed PAM on a pizza platter and put the tortillas on it. I added a couple teaspoons of pizza sauce to the 3 tortillas with 1/2 ounce of cheese on each. Then I loaded them up with the chicken/veggies mix, aded another 1/2 ounce of cheese to each, sprinkled some parmesean on top and then baked for 15 minutes, stopping 5 minutes early to sprinkle some green onion to the top of them and then baked the additional 5 minutes.

They were sooooo friggen good. I ended up eating 1/2 of one of the little pizzas and the boyfriend ate the other 2 and a half pizzas.

He LOVED them. It was QUITE good.

I have a friend that posts about her pizzas that she did early out like yours (cheese, pepperoni, and sauce only) and it's GREAT for people who are early out. Those of us that are past 4 months and can eat a little bit more might like to prepare it with a 1/2 slice of pita bread or one of these mini tortillas.

Spaz80,

I never got back to the same deli to ask the nutritional info on the pepperoni I had them slice up for me. However, I'll remember to do it the next time I have to go for more. These are a great "go-to" snack when the pizza cravings hit...and really satisfy that craving with all the flavor to back it up!

Generic Pepperoni

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 oz (28g)

Amount Per Serving Calories 130

Calories from Fat 102

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 11.3g

17%

Saturated Fat 4.5g

23%

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7g

Monounsaturated Fat 5.3g

Cholesterol 33mg

11%

Sodium 500.6mg

21%

Potassium 88.2mg

3%

Total Carbohydrate 1.1g

0%

Dietary Fiber 0.4g

0%

Sugars 0.2g

0%

Protein 5.7g

11%

Vitamin A 0%

Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 1%

Iron 2%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:

Calories: 2,000 2,500

Total Fat Less than 65g 80g Sat Fat Less than 20g 25g Cholesterol Less than 300mg 300mg Potassium 2,400mg 2,400mg Total Carbohydrate 300g 375g Dietary Fiber 25g 30g

you know in mfp, you can put in any recipe and the servings and it figures up the calories and all of that for you? just say'n