Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me this lasts!!!

Had about 6oz of cream Soup yesterday for lunch, , felt full and bloated the rest of the day.. Did drink some Water.< /p>

I thought I would really be hungry this morning, but when I got up instead of thinking about food it never entered my mind until I noticed nothing sounded good. I want nothing to eat!! OMG,, please tell me I will always feel like this.. It is a wonderful feeling. I have been craving food so much. The thought of food does not sicken me, I just don't care for any thank you. I noticed when the food commercials came on tv last night they were not having the same affect, but thought I was just feeling stuffed. This morning I don't feel full or stuffed, stomach much flatter, and still not craving anything. Just prepared some powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury to get some Protein, but not that interested in it or really anything that has to do with food. I sure hope it lasts for the rest of my life.

Anyone else experienced this? :lol0:

Is this how skinny people feel that put down obese folks. They have no idea what it is like to have the food cravings like we have.

Isn't it wonderful:-) It lasted for me for about the first 4 months and even now it's not like it was before surgery. It just takes more effort and willpower on my part than those first months out to make the right decision and I do now desire food. I know some people report to this feeling continuing to last for them, but not me. Just ENJOY!

I have only been sleeved 6 weeks, but I have days where I seem to be able to eat more and days when I can eat less. I don't know if it is a difference in what I am eating? I am getting in lots of Protein every day, half from my morning shake and the rest from food, (approx 60-75g).

Bill

Had about 6oz of cream Soup yesterday for lunch,, felt full and bloated the rest of the day.. Did drink some Water.

I thought I would really be hungry this morning, but when I got up instead of thinking about food it never entered my mind until I noticed nothing sounded good. I want nothing to eat!! OMG,, please tell me I will always feel like this.. It is a wonderful feeling. I have been craving food so much. The thought of food does not sicken me, I just don't care for any thank you. I noticed when the food commercials came on tv last night they were not having the same affect, but thought I was just feeling stuffed. This morning I don't feel full or stuffed, stomach much flatter, and still not craving anything. Just prepared some unjury to get some Protein, but not that interested in it or really anything that has to do with food. I sure hope it lasts for the rest of my life.

Anyone else experienced this? :lol0:

Is this how skinny people feel that put down obese folks. They have no idea what it is like to have the food cravings like we have.

I had this happen to me. . . my hubbie got mad at me cause he thought now i was witholding food. . after i explained to him that it's just what might happen and as long as i was sipping fluids i would be ok, he just shook his head and said "you were really brave to do this surgery". . . i do try to eat my 3 tiny meals everyday, it's the snacking or grazing i no longer do and that is what makes me very very happy! I eat about 500 - 550 calories a day and i like it that way. . . good luck!

Edited by thinoneday

It does last, at least for me it has. Last night, we had pizza and wings delivered because I have a lovely chest cold thanks to my fabulous husband coughing all over the house. I didn't feel like cooking at all. The guys had pizza, and I had 3 chipotle barbque wings, and 1 bite of a Pizza Crust soaked in the wing sauce. I was very satisfied and full, not stuffed but full. Before surgery, I would eaten all the wings, and 4 slices of pizza.

We ate pretty early so I thought when I woke up this morning, I would eat. Ummm, big problem nothing sounded good at all. So, I lounged around in bed until 11am, got up and had some Ramen noodles and 3 crackers. I can attest that I'm still never truly hungry.

I haven't really eaten all that great since gallbladder surgery, but every day is getting better. I did have Thai food on Tuesday. I ate 1 spring roll, some chicken fried rice (4 tiny bites), and 2 pieces of curry chicken(less than 2ounce). It took me an hour to eat all of that. Of course, I was out to lunch with a bunch of girlfriends so it's a social lunch, and I talked and gabbed a bunch which gave me more time to eat a little bit more than a normal meal. Again, this is a tiny fraction of the portions I used to eat, but I enjoy a huge variety of foods.

I crave things now. But, it's not a ravenous craving. It's kind of an afterthought like "hmmm, some fajitas sound really good." I don't find myself in the fridge multiple times a day. I still keep Snacks in the house for my son and husband, so it isn't like the temptation isn't here. It's here, but I have zero desire to consume all the junk. If I'm really wanting something, I'll have a plum or half of an apple with some Peanut Butter.

Thank you all, this is all very good news. Now I see why people use to tell me,, "all you have to do is not eat as much". No I understand what they were feeling, but they will never know what it is like to have the gene or whatever that made the cravings so strong. This is great.

Wow, Tiff you hardly missed a lick after GB surgery. Your awesome..

DeeDee,, good thing you desire food at this point,, your getting skinny I don't think a little extra food will do you any harm. You are looking so fine....!

Thank you all, this is all very good news. Now I see why people use to tell me,, "all you have to do is not eat as much". No I understand what they were feeling, but they will never know what it is like to have the gene or whatever that made the cravings so strong. This is great

It's amazing isn't it?!?!?!?!? I am allowed 6 small meals a day on my current food phase. I never get in that last "meal" in each day - and pre-surgery I was always a late night snacker. :thumbup:

Loser,

Yep, this is how it is. I am never hungry or thirsty but eat because I am supposed to get in the Protein, and drink to get in the fluids.

Greatest gift I have ever received!

Yeah Cajun!!.. This is much better than I imagined it to be. Feeling very good here, and like you I have to tell myself to eat and drink so I stay healthy,, wow,, LOL, have to make myself eat,, you gotta be kidding me.. I hope it continues like this the rest of my life. Went for a drive today just to get out. Usually my car steering wheel will try to make me turn into every good restaurant,, even the car is not craving food.. :>)

Honestly,

there are times it makes me want to cry. Like you loser, I never understood those damn skinny people telling me that they often "forgot" to eat. And now, I truly get it. I know that part of it is getting off all the addictive carbs, which can be done without surgery, but the physical satiety is key for me. Since doing South Beach Diet several years ago, I've tried to eat healthier and really read labels but I'd still overeat the portions. Now I can eat healthy and be satisfied!

This is definitely my favorite post of the day. I love love love reading what every one of you had to say. I do ok with hunger while eating low carb, but I've always eventually gone off it, only to start craving again. The thought that this time, I won't be going off it..... WOW!!! Thank you all for making me so happy tonight!

This is definitely my favorite post of the day. I love love love reading what every one of you had to say. I do ok with hunger while eating low carb, but I've always eventually gone off it, only to start craving again. The thought that this time, I won't be going off it..... WOW!!! Thank you all for making me so happy tonight!

Yeah....what Lee said

Ya for you, sleeve twin! You've given me a ray of hope that very soon I may feel this same way... I sure hope so! Today, I am feeling much better than yesterday, less ravishingly hungry, and more in "control" of myself. :001_rolleyes: You're an inspiration to me, as is everyone else here. Thank you for sharing this fantastic development!

Rearranged my closet yesterday,, moved the 46s out and the 42s in.. Was a fun day..