Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just been sleeved

Hang in there Bitsy. I'm not up and running either. I feel a lot better than I did 2 days ago but still not "myself". Its going to take some time. Keep up with your doctor and I'm sure you will get better soon.

Sorry you are having a down day Bitsy! I get bored laying in bed and have very little patience, so I can understand your frustration. I am sure I will be complaining by this time next week and you will feel wonderful : )

Don't fight it. If your body is telling you to rest, that is what you have to do. One or two extra days down now will be better than overdoing it and spending a week or two extra being miserable.

No pain, no gain! whoops! in this case, no pain, no loss! : ) When the scale numbers get smaller, it will all be worth it. I keep reminding myself of that this week before surgery! :thumbup:

PNW, we are both so close to surgery!

Hello Everyone,

I was just sleeved on Feb. 11th and now still a little painful in my abdomen. I am also having problems crushing and taking my pills. I tried it with Jello and it made me gag. Next I will try apple juice to see how it goes. I fly back home tomorrow and I'm a little worried about the pain and going on the plane tomorrow. We'll see....has anyone been able to take in all the Protein and Water they are supposed to have? I'm at about half of it.

Lee, I know!!!

I have hit the teary mode tho, saying goodbye (or see ya later) to all of my favorite foods. Had cheesecake for Breakfast this am and now I have a huge tummyache. lol

At work today, trying to get the desk in order to be gone for a few days. Finding it very hard to focus tho.

Where are you having your surgery done?

Hello Everyone,

I was just sleeved on Feb. 11th and now still a little painful in my abdomen. I am also having problems crushing and taking my pills. I tried it with Jello and it made me gag. Next I will try apple juice to see how it goes. I fly back home tomorrow and I'm a little worried about the pain and going on the plane tomorrow. We'll see....has anyone been able to take in all the Protein and Water they are supposed to have? I'm at about half of it.

I am starting to get a little anxious about the med issue. I have about 4 meds I must take daily - 2 for depression, omeprazole and welchol. Will the surgeon tell me which ones I can try to swallow and which ones I should crush up? Sounds like I should buy some apple juice also.

The flight home concerns me as well. I have two 2-hr flights; guess that will be good to break it up a bit.

Let me know how your flight is :thumbup:

PNW, I'm luckily having surger 18 miles from home. I hit the teary part yesterday watching the opening ceremony of the olympics. I was tearful for our anthem, their anthem, the young man from Georgia. Anything was a reason to be tearful.

I had to clear my desk at work quickly because I had to work from home this week with only 1 day in office. I had a sore throat/cough and the CEO sent me home after an hour on Monday. I'm working tomorrow and Tuesday but have an audit that will keep me from my desk. Tuesday I have to work from home in the afternoon to take my Milk of Magnesia. YUCK!

Yes to last foods but being sick has kept me out of eating. Today I did go to McDonalds and get an order of fries. I haven't done that in decades but it was so on my mind. I think tonight is a seafood/eggplant Thai dish, then I'm done. I have to be at or below goal on Wednesday morning or they cancel my surgery. Great incentive to stay out of the food trough.

Do you fly through SF on your way home? How many days are you in the hospital. for me it's either one or two nights. My son is flying home from NY on Friday to hang out with me for the weekend so I'm looking forward to that. When do you leave for Mexico?

Hi Lee,

I am flying from PDX (visiting my sis first) to PHX to SAN. Home is also thru PHX but to Seattle. I leave home on Tuesday afternoon. My sis is taking me to the Legally Blonde play in Portland. I will fly to San Diego on Wed afternoon. Sounds like one night in the hospital and two nights in the recovery house. I have a ticket to fly home on Sunday. Fortunately, it is with Southwest, so if I have to change it, I can : )

Good Luck with that MoM! yucky! I got lucky and missed that order!

Day 13.

Feeling much better today in terms of the pain in incisions. Can move around much better.

On the other hand, acid refluxes are much worse. I haven't been able to sleep properly for the past two days, with acidic and nauseating feelings coupling in the night to make things worse. I do not wish to go on meds thus have been avoiding taking any anti-acid pills but its not a feeling to have the acids rushing to your throat all the time.

Had a thick Soup yesterday - spiced it up a bit with pepper and chilly, was a little tough to take down but got okay in the longer run.

I seem to have lost some inches, though my face has become yellowish - from red I always was. Need to nourish myself a little better I guess.

Drove for the first time after surgery a couple of days ago, to get the bandage refreshed on the drain site. This incision is more or less healed already so happy about that - got a quick small bandage done.

So far okay...newer battle with food starting...looking forward to join work on Monday. :biggrin0::001_smile:

Hi there -

I was sleeved on 2/15/10 by Dr. Guillermo Alvarez - only down 5 lbs on Clear liquids.

Start 2nd week of full liquids in two days. Can't wait - feel like I desperately need Protein and Vitamins. My incisions are a bit tender - stomach constantly growls, moans, and adusts itself. I'm drinking a lot - however, when I drink when sitting down, it feels a bit tighter than when I'm standing. Dissolving Protein powder (unflavored) into my beef/chicken broths is a great way of fitting in some Protein.< /p>

I'm hoping to see much more weight loss, however, my BMI was on the lower side (33) - I believe I read that the loss is a bit slower with lower bmis.

Nervous about week 2 post op as most "issues" come up during this period - need to take it day by day.

Anyone else get nervous -?

Day 17.

Its a mix bag so far, there is a persistent weakness in the body and pain in incisions which is still restricting movement. Not able to run, talk, walk or perform daily functions as normally as I did prior to the operation but then that is what you get for not having enough control on your hunger otherwise to control your weight.

I am down to 92 kgs today (-10 kgs) and do feel good about it. Went to office for the first time post operation and felt more normal than sitting ideal at home.

There is a significant discomfort in the body, apart from the pains, cannot get down much. Acid refluxes are constant and there is heaviness in the chest. Hope all this is worth it.

Office junta did point out that you seem to have lost weight...I havent really disclosed the reason I got the operation done. Have used varied reasons to justify my going on leave for this long. Anyone else having kept the proceedure a secret is welcome to share the ideas :001_tongue:.

All the best to all joining in!!

Its been a month today since surgery and my weight has stalled at 91. No further movement over the past two weeks.

Have been on near normal diet, though do feel heavy if I eat something too sweet or a little overcooked/spicy. Have kept food fairly simple so far though am really concerned about the sticky weight...no further movement. Hope I didnt go all the way just for 10 Kgs.

Its a month for me today too. I am down 8 kgs/18 pounds. I'm still pretty much on full liquids with some soft food like cheese and yogurt.

Last night I made a little chicken salad with mayo. I immediately barfed it up. First time that has happened. I think the mayo was too much fat for me.

Its a month for me today too. I am down 8 kgs/18 pounds. I'm still pretty much on full liquids with some soft food like cheese and yogurt.

Last night I made a little chicken salad with mayo. I immediately barfed it up. First time that has happened. I think the mayo was too much fat for me.

I'm 6 weeks out and have tried chicken salad a few times. I can only eat about 1 oz and then it just feels awful :( so I just quit eating it all together. I did put light mayo in it also, but very little and it still didn't sit well. Maybe in later months we can try it again.

Thanks Barbara. I am not anxious to try this ago soon. LOL Its the first thing that really disagreed with me. I can sure live without it.

How have you been. I am not real sure why I haven't been posting but I haven't. :(

I've been walking and in a little while am going to Curves for the first time since surgery.