Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aceves week of March 15th??

Anyone else scheduled for the week of March 15th. I had to change my date (Dr. Aceves is not available) Everything worked out OK with the change (Had to change my plane flight-Dr. Aceves is going to pay the difference) I am arriving Monday the 15th @~9:30am. Let me know we can meet up, I am coming alone.

D.

I'll be in Mexico on the 9th, surgery on the 10th with Dr Almanza! I'll be leaving right before you are arriving. :lol0: :blushing:

Hope your surgery goes well! Shame we couldn't be VSG surgery buddies but keep in touch on here and we can be online VSG buddies!

Im arriving on Sunday the 14th. With my surgery scheduled for the 15th. So I'll see you around!

How long did it take you to get scheduled for Dr Aceves once you made initial contact and what did he require you to do? thanks for the info. really new to the idea of VSG. kelly

Go to his web site and there is a form to fill out. They will screen you and then set up a date. Good luck with your journey. There are other surgeons out there. I am having a revision so I wanted a doc who was experienced with this procedure. Suggestion: Don't let cost be your only guide. Keep us posted.

D.

stuck............ as i said i am very new in seriously thinking about having this done. i have thouht about it for a long time but knew that in the states i did not meet the requirements. my mom just had her VSG done in tucson in feb 2010. so exciting to see how well she is doing. she has a higher BMI then i do so the insurance covered. for me i will be self pay because i have a BMI of 32. but even with BMI of 32 i have 70lbs to lose. which try as i might the weight sticks with me.... i have done some research and so far Dr Aceves is the doctor that catches my attention. i just try to read all i can so that i make the best choice for myself and my family. about the cost... i only know that in Mexico it usually cost between 9,000-11,000. i do not know at all how much dr aceves cost. i do have some medical conditions and want the most experienced doctor. the cost plays a smaller role for me then the experience. i was asking of the time line because i really need to have the procedure done around the first week of august. the reason is simple but requires alot of explaining. see my second child is due to be born the end of august. obviously i am not pregnant and wanting VSG, we had to have a gestational carrier carry our pregnancy. well the timing is complicated so i was wondering.... how long it usually takes to get a date back from the team in mexico.

thanks kelly

i suggest you call Nina, Dr. Aceves patient coordinator, and she'll assist you in every way possible. wish you the best - please keep us posted.

Nina Eguia

Patient Coordinator, Dr Aceves

888 344 3916 toll free

nina_eguia@yahoo.com

stuck... i see that you are from washington. is that washington state or washington dc? we have a summer house in washington state is why i am asking