Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band ladies....does this make you hate your boobs??

IF I do this surgery, amazingly lose even 60-80 pounds....wil I hate my boobs?? Will I need an augmentation?? I don't want implants but I dont want to be ashamed of the ONE thing I have been ok with on my body as a large girl after the band. I don't want to trade my fat body loathing problem for a saggy skin body loathing problem. :phanvan

Even if you did opt for plastic surgery, you don't have to have augmentation. You can have a breast lift without having implants. Surgeons like to talk women into implants for some reason. They say you'll be unhappy if you have surgery and the outcome is small breasts. I guess not many of them have had to go bra shopping! lol

I'd be thrilled with B cup breasts if they were in proportion with my waist and hips. Thrilled. When/if (please God) I reach my goal weight, I will probably have a TT and breast lift without augmentation. B is plenty big enough for me. I don't want to use my breasts as a flotation device!

If you're starting out with a small C/large B - you probably won't have a sagging problem anyway.

Good luck on your weight loss journey.

great info girls! By the way, i am 29. I think I am getting alot closer to making a decision....I just CANNOT imagine NOT being the FATTEST bridesmaid anymore!!!

LOL.....if losing weight shrinks my boobs so that I don't have to worry about accidently tucking them in my belt then I'm okay.........but then what do I do about gravity?

Carol

LOL.....if losing weight shrinks my boobs so that I don't have to worry about accidently tucking them in my belt then I'm okay.........but then what do I do about gravity?

Carol

OMG HYSTERICAL!!!!!!! That was awesome!

pre-banded 42DD

I haven't read the other answers but I think you need to start liking your body with or without surgery. There's nothing that can't be corrected if breasts fall, but what's most important is your reason to have the surgery. Good health is number one. Then how you feel about yourself. Last, how others see you.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'll be happy for mine to reduce some. I've lost a lot band size and a little cup size - the girls out filling out my bras like they used to. I'm sure I'll have to get a lift. Like Jachut I breastfed my girls. DH loved them at the time - my breasts looked like Pam Anderson - literally. He asked if we got to keep them. I told him no and I wouldn't want to...he was greatly disappointed when I dried up. They now are so sad...my nipples point south.

My mother retired from a place that took care of mentally and physically handicapped children and adults. I remember there was a client (that is how they referred to them in the 80's) that had the biggest boobs I'd ever seen. Mom used to tell me not to stare at her (I couldn't help it I was 8 and in awe). Mom said they (the staff) literally had to roll them and put them in her bra. If they were out they literally hung past her waist. I think the state eventually paid for a reduction for her - she had so many infections and back problems.

I couldn't imagine! Sometimes we need to be thankful for what God didn't give us and the genes we didn't inherit.

Leslie

Now I know I am not old enough to be in the Nursing home but you just described me and I never had any children. I would gladly give each one of you an inch or two and have plenty left over. I will be so glad when the girls are lighter but I am sure I will need them lifted and all the skin removed from everywhere. Just hope Medicare will pay for it when the time comes, that is if I am still on Medicare by than.

The thought of a reduction and lift is going to help keep me motivated during my weight-loss journey. I have always hated my boobs. I was fat during early puberty, so even though I was pretty skinny in high school, they already sagged and pointed south.

-Marianne

Mine don't exactly stay in place like they used to. I used to be a 42DD and am now a 36D, not much change in cup size, just less back fat! Yay!

Victoria's Secret have bras that do amazing things! You can look like you have perky ones by just strapping on one of those suckers!

Day of surgery 42DD, now 53 pounds down, a comfortable 42D, and with the inches I lost off my stomach, my cleavage looks unbelievably good!!!!

Mine don't exactly stay in place like they used to. I used to be a 42DD and am now a 36D, not much change in cup size, just less back fat! Yay!

Victoria's Secret have bras that do amazing things! You can look like you have perky ones by just strapping on one of those suckers!

Libra - if I do my math correctly, we have very similar stats (except I'm pre-banded right now). I am currently a 42DD and seeing the "36D" reminds me of grad school! I'm getting more and more excited about the surgery. I hadn't even gotten to the point in my head where I'm wearing a VS 36D. Woohoo! :thumbup:

This is TMI, but you asked...I was lying down in bed the other night in a tank top (which I will only wear in the house) anyway, I happened to look down at my boobs which were of course slowing sliding up under my chin and they were wrinkled. Like really wrinkled, it was gross. I decided then that if they don't tighten up by the time I reach my goal, I'll have to get a boob job.

I measure them as well (I'm weird I know) in inches all the way around the boob. I've lost 2 inches on the left and 1 1/2 on the right. Yet everywere else, it's only 1/4 of an inch.

Two years after this was first posted, and I first replied and have now been at goal for two years, I can say without a doubt that I don't hate my boobs.

No, they are not perky or very full. But when I have a bra on, they look fab, and I don't shy away from a mirror when I am naked.