Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm gagging over here!

Mini,

It sounds like you are on "full liquids" which is odd, so soon after surgery. Have you tried the Protein bullets? I just found a Grape Flavored one at Target and some fruit Punch at Walmart, tastes like Koolaid. They are both considered Clear Liquids. I cut them with Water, drink down about 2 oz of a water bottle, then put in the bullet, flavored, high Protein Water, voila.

Hope this might help! :)

I've hated every Isopure clear fruit Protein Drink I've tasted but the ones you are suggesting sound good if they actually do taste like koolaid. Can you tell me exactly what their brand names are since I hardly shop at walmart and will likely need to ask someone for help? Also are there any artificial sweeteners in these products if so then I won't drink them. Thanks much.

This is still a Protein powder suggestion but I think a unique one?

GNC has a whey Gourmet product in iced tea flavour. I've tried it with Water only and it's pretty darn good. However, compared to USA folks, us Canadians are not the iced tea experts.

This is what I will do to make it even better. Instead of using plain Water, I will make iced tea and use that for the base. Or, Nestea has product out that is sweetened with Splenda and that I find tastes great. There are 3-4 flavours and I think the lemon iced tea version would work really well if added to the iced tea and whey Gourmet.

Each scoop has 20 grams of Protein and only 90 calories, that makes it a good, all-day sipping drink.

Beneprotein is a product manufactured by Nestle that is awesome. It comes in a canister and each scoop is 6gm of 100% whey Protein. It's kind of like the Benefiber in that you can mix it in anything, and I do mean anything, and there's no flavor detected...it's completely benign. I like it in coffee in the morning, my Soups, my refried Beans, anything kind of wet and you can't tell it's in there. I had to order mine online because there wasn't a pharmacy locally that carried it but check with your local pharmacy and they can probably order it for you. It was only $15 per can and I guesstimate a can will last me about 4 to 5 days.

Just finished up my 2nd glass of the Isopure Ready Made (Alpine Punch) ... the taste is fine. But, the "floating protein" just kinda sticks to the roof of your mouth and the back of the throat.

I am just about to give up on the Protein shakes/liquids. :)

Any ideas for "real food" Protein on the puree stage?

Have you tried Jay Robb Whey Protein Shake? I like it, no aftertaste. You can buy a single use packet at GNC, to try it out instead of buying a huge amount. I mix it in lactaid fat free milk, and add a splash of banana extract.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. It's funny ... I've only been sleeved 10 days & I keep thinking "what have I done?" when it comes to Protein. I'm just going to relax, get in what I can and look forward to mushies next Friday. I had pinto Beans for lunch & that was 7g, Kellogs H2O Protein Water and that was 5. Yes - no where near 60, but at least it's something.

Nut suggested chocolate whey with skim milk and 2t of Peanut Butter. A little thick, but at least I didn't gag. Definitely not like the Reese shake she promised it would be, but at least I got it down.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for being there through gagging and success.

Just finished up my 2nd glass of the Isopure Ready Made (Alpine Punch) ... the taste is fine. But, the "floating protein" just kinda sticks to the roof of your mouth and the back of the throat.

I am just about to give up on the Protein shakes/liquids. :sad0:

Any ideas for "real food" Protein on the puree stage?

i agree with Cajun, Jay Robb packets....I drank all of the variety of flavors in shake form before my surgery but post surgery I still 4.5 months out can't stomach ANY shake. Here is what I suggest. Uncle Ben Healthy Grain Cream of Wheat 7 gr. protein per packet. (I still can't eat a whole packet), so I add about half packet of the Jay Robb packet to the hot Cereal I wisk it in with a fork and a little goat or lactaid free l or 2% milk, after cooking it the two minutes as per package instructions (I use water). Then I add pure maple Syrup or a maple/agave blend that I get at Trader Joes, to taste for sweetness. Or you can just use whatever sweetener you prefer. It's a good high protein Breakfast with Fiber. Figure approx. 22-25 grams of protein right there. You can do the same thing with greek yogurt...I found a brand Chobani the protein for 6 oz is 14gr! I add the Jay Robb or Solgar vanilla Protein Powder scoop to the yogurt and blend it really well you can't taste it and that ups the protein to at least 25 grams. The Chobani vanilla flavor has 16 grams of protein. So far I can only tolerate the peach flavor.

Thanks Lan!

We have a local WLS support group, and they have Protein tastings on a regular basis. Maybe you can find a support group in your area that does the same, or join one and suggest everyone bring something different and have a tasting party yourselves.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. It's funny ... I've only been sleeved 10 days & I keep thinking "what have I done?" when it comes to Protein. I'm just going to relax, get in what I can and look forward to mushies next Friday. I had pinto Beans for lunch & that was 7g, Kellogs H2O Protein Water and that was 5. Yes - no where near 60, but at least it's something.

Nut suggested chocolate whey with skim milk and 2t of Peanut Butter. A little thick, but at least I didn't gag. Definitely not like the Reese shake she promised it would be, but at least I got it down.

You guys are awesome. Thanks for being there through gagging and success.

Thats right Mini Me, do the best you can. . . i'm 5 weeks out and still dont get 60-80 grams of protein. . . whatever is my attitude, as long as i'm eating and not cheating on nothing and feel satisfied, i'm happy. . .the more we stress over things the more the weight loss will slow down. . .just relax and enjoy getting to know your new self. . . you'll love your sleeve soon enough. . .:sad0:

Thats right Mini Me, do the best you can. . . i'm 5 weeks out and still dont get 60-80 grams of Protein. . . whatever is my attitude, as long as i'm eating and not cheating on nothing and feel satisfied, i'm happy. . .the more we stress over things the more the weight loss will slow down. . .just relax and enjoy getting to know your new self. . . you'll love your sleeve soon enough. . .:sad0:

Thank you. I really needed to hear that.