Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone on antidepressant medication since the surgery?

Lan. I am so glad that the Remeron is working for you. I am still feeling the sleepiness. I called my doctor about it and he said to try for a few more days, that the symptoms will subside. But I certainly have more energy and feel better.

Lan. I am so glad that the Remeron is working for you. I am still feeling the sleepiness. I called my doctor about it and he said to try for a few more days, that the symptoms will subside. But I certainly have more energy and feel better.

Thank you. The Remeron at 30mg dose should not act as a sedative according to my psychiatrist, but rather as an antidepressant. So far so good, with me but I'm still needing low dose klonopin in the day for anxiety. Let me know how things progress with your trial on Remeron and I'll keep you posted as well.

I am so happy to read that you are feeling better!

Now you should feel good enough to exercise, and I am telling everyone, that is what got me off anti depressants this last 6 years. In March it will be 6 years that I joined my gym. Before that, I was on one anti depressant or another for over 20 years.

Coopers and Lan. Great progress for you both. From one who does not understand this at all, I can tell you, I am so hopeful for your futures now. I have followed your struggles, and just kept praying that you would find the strength to keep trying to find a way. God bless you both, and anyone else struggling with these issues.

Atta~girls/boys!!!!

I am so happy to read that you are feeling better!

Now you should feel good enough to exercise, and I am telling everyone, that is what got me off anti depressants this last 6 years. In March it will be 6 years that I joined my gym. Before that, I was on one anti depressant or another for over 20 years.

Using exercise at a gym takes discipline -- getting yourself off antidepressants after so long is a major accomplishment. Good for you Daisy! I have a lifetime membership at a local Bally's. It's kind of old and I'm just not inspired. When I get there I feel like I'm running on a slower speed than everyone else...I do a walk on the treadmill from 20-30 min max, then I do some reps on the only 3 machines I know how to use working mainly my legs, (which hold alot of my weight). I don't think I workout hard enough to fire up those endorphins but I will push myself until I get there. Thanks for your support Daisy.

Coopers and Lan. Great progress for you both. From one who does not understand this at all, I can tell you, I am so hopeful for your futures now. I have followed your struggles, and just kept praying that you would find the strength to keep trying to find a way. God bless you both, and anyone else struggling with these issues.

Atta~girls/boys!!!!

Carolyn it means so much to me to know that there are people who care enough to actually pray for people like me. This venue is a wonderful network of support and we all do need each other. Having a surgery such as this is major. It's life altering and although I knew how badly I wanted to once and for always rid myself of the burden of obesity, I hadn't realized the extent of food's role in my life. food, planning around it, shopping for it, having it as a companion and sharing it with others, was an integral part of my entire being, physically, emotionally and psychologically, probably spiritually too. Having been sleeved has forced me to make changes and this has been harder for me personally than anything I have ever had to defeat in my entire life! I now have more insight as to how my body became so immensely deformed by gaining so much weight over the years. And now seeing myself shrink, (now down 70lbs)...I realize that all of those underlying issues that got me to being so large aren't simply resolved with the weight loss via surgery.The leaner me has so much residual stuff to figure out and contend with to catch up with the more proportioned me. So much unresolved stuff that I can't even identify yet. That is why I am seeing a psychologist, on meds, and trying to give OA a shot. All that fat was there for a reason. Thank you or being so thoughtful. -Lis

Using exercise at a gym takes discipline -- getting yourself off antidepressants after so long is a major accomplishment. Good for you Daisy! I have a lifetime membership at a local Bally's. It's kind of old and I'm just not inspired. When I get there I feel like I'm running on a slower speed than everyone else...I do a walk on the treadmill from 20-30 min max, then I do some reps on the only 3 machines I know how to use working mainly my legs, (which hold alot of my weight). I don't think I workout hard enough to fire up those endorphins but I will push myself until I get there. Thanks for your support Daisy.

I'm so happy for you Lan!!! Many prayers for you sweetie for your continued success! It sounds like the cloud is lifting.. I too take the vit d3 5000 ius daily, as well as Omega 3 very important... My thoughts go faster than my train of thought and I lose myself lol. Thank you for your kind words and I wish you much peace! We are all survivors! Keep me in your prayers my surgery is Feb 18th yeah!!! God bless you!!!

Lan - I somehow missed this post yesterday. I am so happy and relieved for you. Prayers have been going up and it looks like help has come down. As Tiff said, "Praise Jesus".

Lan - I somehow missed this post yesterday. I am so happy and relieved for you. Prayers have been going up and it looks like help has come down. As Tiff said, "Praise Jesus".

It's weird but now I'm feeling so much better about eating and food etc. that I'll need to watch my intake...maybe finally I'll be able to be thankful for having been sleeved! I feel like I've a family here and I thank God for answered prayer and each and every one of you. Thanks a bunch Mini...

I'm so happy for you Lan!!! Many prayers for you sweetie for your continued success! It sounds like the cloud is lifting.. I too take the vit d3 5000 ius daily, as well as Omega 3 very important... My thoughts go faster than my train of thought and I lose myself lol. Thank you for your kind words and I wish you much peace! We are all survivors! Keep me in your prayers my surgery is Feb 18th yeah!!! God bless you!!!

Feb 18th? Congratulations! I'm marking it on my calendar and will indeed keep you in prayer. I want to be here for you too as you go on your weight loss journey. I'm getting stronger and I'll be here if you need me. Now I've got to get me some Omega 3's, thanks for the reminder!

I am lucky that my gym has tvs in front of every single cardio machine. I couldn't do it without that. I plan my exercise around what I want to watch on tv. That, and I do weight training. I love the muscles that have been built from that.

Discovering Zumba has also been a nice change. It's so much fun and doesn't feel like exercise at all. It's a great work out though.

You're so smart Lis to identify your issues and find other avenues to work through them. You will be happy wearing smaller clothes and looking in the mirror seeing a much smaller version of yourself. It's so wonderful for the self esteem.You will find other things to occupy your thoughts and plans that don't revolve around food now that you're feeling better. For me, it's been dancing. I started dance lessons in Sept. and the first thing I noticed is there are no fat women in the classes or at the dances.

you'll figure out what interests you, and get that insight that you're looking for.

You know what? I'm only on the 30mgs a day before bed a few days now and I am finding it hard to get my arse out of bed in the morning. It doesn't help not having a job to go to. I'm no where near 3 weeks though so I'm going to stick with this and just try to set that alarm and get busy doing odd jobs at home, like redoing my files in my filing cabinit (long overdue) etc. I miss that cup of coffee in the morning. I just don't desire it any longer. Other than that the Remeron, appears to be helping me. Let me know if the morning sleepiness subsided for you. Thanks.

I am lucky that my gym has tvs in front of every single cardio machine. I couldn't do it without that. I plan my exercise around what I want to watch on tv. That, and I do weight training. I love the muscles that have been built from that.

Discovering Zumba has also been a nice change. It's so much fun and doesn't feel like exercise at all. It's a great work out though.

You're so smart Lis to identify your issues and find other avenues to work through them. You will be happy wearing smaller clothes and looking in the mirror seeing a much smaller version of yourself. It's so wonderful for the self esteem.You will find other things to occupy your thoughts and plans that don't revolve around food now that you're feeling better. For me, it's been dancing. I started dance lessons in Sept. and the first thing I noticed is there are no fat women in the classes or at the dances.

you'll figure out what interests you, and get that insight that you're looking for.

Wow Daisy I can't believe all of the good and fun things you do to keep yourself occupied and satisfied. The Zumba is that like latin type dancing I think I saw an informercial for on TV? It really looked appealing. I just hope I will soon feel that energy, motivation and will to put myself out there and get things going. I'm sort of going through a "mid-life" crisis along with everything else! Thanks for your vote of confidence though, it's so appreciated. I've got to build my life back up from scratch it seems.

There was definitely a time I could not say that. I sat home in front of the tv all the time and nothing interests me. There are so many advantages to being thinner!

Liz, Call your local parks and recreation Dept. Find out what classes theyoffer for free or next to free. I think you are back east so, you will know in advance what to look forward to this spring. My "senior" center here offers Tai Chi. I really like it, it is slow purposeful movements to music. Not as jazzy as Zumba, but, with my knees I cannot do jazzy. (yet) I even went to lunch at the center for $2.50. LOL Most people are older than me, but, it kinda felt like visiting my Mom. (passed 15 years ago) they play cards and have a pretty good time. I can't take too much of the place, but, 2X a week for Tai Chi is good. I still go to the gym to ride the bike vigoursly and do weights for upper body.

I am looking forward to the day when I can take up a real dance class like Oregondaisy.

I am so glad you are feeling better and better. Progress, in little steps or large, it's all about moving forward.