Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gallbladder issues and surgery

Thanks Randi for updating everyone.

Surgery was smooth sailing. The endoscopy revealed a nice, tight little tummy with zero abnormalities. I have pictures, but only have one picture of the staple line that leaked. It's just a bunch of scar tissue nothing exciting to see. He also took pictures of my small/large intestines, gallbladder, and some scar tissue that was hanging around in my abdomen.

Surgery took 1 hour, and my recovery was completely uneventful. I was up and walking in about 1.5 hour, and sipping grape juice, chewing on some Teddy Grahams. I felt like a 6 yr old kiddo.

The most awesome thing happened. The OR nurse that was in on my revision and my leak repair was somehow assigned to me today. She had the sleeve a couple of weeks after I did. She was going to get the band until she saw what it had done to my stomach. She's dropped 80lbs. They took such amazing care of me, and I only cried a little bit when kissing John as they wheeled me back.

I honestly can not thank you all enough for all your prayers, good thoughts, and support through all of this. I have been home since around noon. Sipping Water, and hanging out in the recliner. I've got good drugs, and feel pretty good. A little tender under my rib, but other than that, I'm doing great.

I can't drive for 7 days, and am on a lifting restriction for 4 weeks because he took down some more of the large amounts of scar tissue.

Many thanks again ! ! !

yeay for an uneventful surgery Tiffy. I hope you feel even better soon, and I am glad you are feeling better. Cheering you on.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That is great news Tiff,, Your a real winner!

Go Tiff, Go Tiff, Go Tiff, Go Tiff!!!!!

I'm so happy to read this Tiffy!

Very glad to hear you're doing so well! Pretty cool you got the same nurse too, I bet that doesn't happen too often! :thumbup: You kick butt, girl!

Hello Tiffykins,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well for you and you have a speedy recovery.

Hey Girl...how the heck are you doing? I haven't heard anything from you in a while...how's your progress? Tell me what's happening with ya....

I am glad you're feeling good Tiffy. I hope every day you feel better.

Great news Tiff. I knew you would do great...you are a strong woman! And all the love and support you've received is just a return on all you have given!!!

Take good care of yourself!

Thank you God for answered prayer! Tiff you sound terrific...I am very happy things went well and your at home now. Take it easy and you'll be back on your feet in no time. Your really a blessing to all of us. Thanks so much.

Tiffy, G R E A T N E W S !

And, as a side bonus, you get to sit and watch the super bowl, not have anything thing to do with the work involved. HA

Good for you, I am so happy for you.

Now, we just need to get Charritymaroquin to belly up to the bar and get hers out.

Charitymarroquin: GET YOUR GALL BLADDER TAKEN OUT BEFORE IT CAUSES YOU TROUBLE. Seriously, you do NOT want that pain. It is not small. If your Dr. says it is full of stones, that is like a bomb just waiting to go off inside you. I had a stone lodge in the duct and it was very infected ugly mess. Wish my PCP would have detected the stones before all that happened. You have the luxury of schedualing this now, when it acts up, you will not. It will be emergency surgery and a very painful wait before that. Tiffy did just fine. You will do just fine. Get it gone!

Hey Tiff!

So sorry to hear about your gallbladder... :-( I just found your post tonight. I will be praying for you. Hope the surgery goes well and that you have a quick recovery...

Believe it or not I just returned from the doctor and he had me do a ultrasound on my gallbladder and said that mine is almost totally full of gallstones... :w00t:

I don't know what I should. :thumbup1:

The doctor here in Nicaragua says that I need to have it. The sooner the better. I don't know if that is what I should do or wait until I am having problems... I feel fine. I haven't had any pain or anything...

Oh well... I guess I'll have to figure it out.

Let us know when you get back from the hospital. Praying for you!

Hey Tiffy! Glad to hear that you made it through surgery ok. How are you feeling now?

Hey Carolyn, I know I need to do something... :-( I don't have insurance though... but here in Nicaragua it is alot cheaper, but it is still going to be around a $1,000. Which when you are missionary and do not receive a salary still makes it difficult...

I have been thinking about trying a gallbladder/liver flush to flush out at least some of the stones. Have anyone here tried that? And I don't know it that is safe or ok after being sleeved.

It's pretty nasty. You drink Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil and Salt Water and different times. But if it worked it would be better than surgery. Do you think it's ok for me to try it?

Charrity, NO! Do not try that "flush". OMG! Work a deal with the Dr./hospital for some kind of payments. Call your parents. Call your church. I will make a donation! (a small one, ha)Good heavens girl, you deserve full treatment. Just to ease your mind, if you had lost the weight on your own (with out surgery) you would have had the same gall bladder problems. I did. So, it is not "because you had WLS". Please consider this important enough to your overall long term health to take care of it properly.

God Bless you and your work.

Hey Tiffy! Glad to hear that you made it through surgery ok. How are you feeling now?

Hey Carolyn, I know I need to do something... :-( I don't have insurance though... but here in Nicaragua it is alot cheaper, but it is still going to be around a $1,000. Which when you are missionary and do not receive a salary still makes it difficult...

I have been thinking about trying a gallbladder/liver flush to flush out at least some of the stones. Have anyone here tried that? And I don't know it that is safe or ok after being sleeved.

It's pretty nasty. You drink Apple Cider Vinegar, Olive Oil and Salt Water and different times. But if it worked it would be better than surgery. Do you think it's ok for me to try it?

Charity,

Please don't do that, too risky. Your gallbladder duct is incredibly small and if one of those stones breaks loose you will create an attack that will force you into surgery. Not to mention what those liquids could do to your sleeve. I have scanned patients with gallbladder dz and it is so painful. Please find a way to get your surgery with a good surgeon, it is worth it.

Good luck,

Linda