Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gallbladder issues and surgery

Tiff - so sorry to hear of your agony. You will definitely be in my family's prayers.

Tiff,

You are in my prayers, this will be over and behind you soon. I'm also so glad that your husband and son will be able to be with you to help post op.

Speedy recovery!

Linda

Tiff, I just found this thread tonight. I'm so sorry you are having more issues. You've already been throught the mill! But, I have no doubt, you will do fine. You are a fighter and you have such a positive attitude. Thats what will get you through this with flying colors. You will be in my prayers. I'm a firm believer in the power of prayer. Please keep us posted on what is going on and how you are doing.

Tiffykins, I am sooooo sorry to hear about the complications. I hope that you will be out of pain soon. I will say a special prayer for you :thumbup:

(and I am so glad your husband will be around)

Thank you all so very much. The nurse called me this morning to advise me that the surgeon is probably going to get me on the OR roster tomorrow or Wednesday, and I need to start fasting tonight at 10pm.

I go in at 10am tomorrow to meet the surgeon, and determine the next course of action.

I honestly appreciate everyone's well wishes and prayers. I'm pretty anxious about another surgery, but I know God is on my side and I have all of you cheering me on.

I'll update when I can. I am feeling somewhat better today, but I'm super weak and exhausted.

Thanks for updating us. It really is upsetting to me that you've yet another surgery. I can't wait for this to be behind you and I pray for your comfort and speedy recovery through out. God speed and care Tiffy. xxooxx

Tiff, you're in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well!!

Tiffy,

Godspeed for the surgery and will have you in my thoughts all day. I go back to work half days starting Thursday. Hope you are feeling good soon after.

Tiffy I hope you read this before you go in to see the dr. tomorrow.

Since it hasn't been that long ago that I had gb surgery, I know what you're going through. Once you get it out and are healed, you'll be able to eat better and feel better.

I'm glad you updated us. You are in my thoughts and prayers too.

Hi Tiff,

I've been there done that too, and felt sore for a week or so after the surgery, but not too bad. I could go for a 1 mile walk by the third day and 2 miles by the end of the week. You've been through the mill though so be careful and rest well afterwards. We are all keeping you in our prayers especially tomorrow!

Another update:

Went in saw Dr. R this morning, and did another ultrasound in office this morning, and my gallbladder inflammation and irritation seems to be significantly decreased. He attributes this to the fact that I haven't eaten anything other than Soup, crackers, and some sliced chicken breast for the last 5 days. So, he thinks the surgery will be a bit easier.

Surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning. I go in tomorrow for labs, pre-admission paperwork, chest xray, and ekg.

Thank you all for your well wishes, and prayers. I feel better knowing that Dr. R is going to be doing the surgery, and that he is confident that I will okay through this. He's happy with my weightloss thus far, and even told me I could lose more if I wanted to. I just giggled at him, and said, I'm happy where I'm at.

He said just the fact that I'm 122lbs lighter than I was will definitely make surgery and recovery easier on my body. He seems to think that I'll be able to go home late Thursday as long as I can keep fluids down, and there are no complications.

Many thanks and I'll update once we get home or on Friday.

That is great news!!!! As soon as you are feeling up to it, keep us posted on how you are feeling.