Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I cheated... i feel so horrible

Hershey just wanted to let you know that I am on an equally masochistic pre op diet with 4 shakes a day that s it :) I struggled and when I slipped it was for want of something salty because the shakes were sweet. I had some clear broth as a solution and yes1 piece of bread at 1 point. I will tell you this--my day 1 I was clearing out all my crap food and I was throwing out a bag of chips and just stood there and ate the entire bag. Don't feel bad! You can do this, we can do this-- eventually we ll be on the other side dishing out the advice; just try your best.:thumbup:

Hershey,

Keep on working the program. You can do it. The preop diet will make it less likely that the liver will slip and slide around, and you will be less likely to have it "nicked" during surgery (which can cause hemorrhage, blood transfusions, more days in the hospital or worse....)

Do it for yourself.

And post op, follow the prescribed diet to reduce the risk of leak, which can be lethal. You can do it! Once you see pounds falling off, you will be even more motivated.

So I made it past the weekend with out a big mess up, it was hard getting through with out getting any fast food being around my friends all weekend they were eating all the favorites of mine! After a almost break down I made it through it. Today Is 10 days to D-day and it was my last feeling and chance of "cheating". So I gave myself a good job dinner (totally cheating, but i believe it was the best healthy cheat I could do) I made some chicken broth home made for this week coming up, so I had a small piece of the boiled chicken that I used to make the broth, and a few of the carrots that were in the broth. Gotta admit, not smoking cigs was a little more difficult of a time this weekend due to the fact I used them a few times to get over the hunger... But I've consider this my stopping due date. (Well Monday) So after tomorrow It will be 1 week till im sleeved... And thanks to everyone for their support! I wonder how many calories Would be in that dinner I had tonight..

Great Job Hershey! You can do this!

:thumbup1:You don't have to be on a complete liquid diet. I too am being sleeved on Feb. 9 and am on a pre-op diet in order to shrink the liver. You need to have as much Protein as you like but only 30 or less carbs a day. There is low carb bread and low carb yogurt as well. I do the bread toasted with Peanut Butter which is only 7 carbs per tablespoon. Kraft American cheese is 0 carbs as is most cheddar. I purchase my protein at costco in the ready to drink cartons, they are 30g of protein. This diet is much easier to follow than a complete liquid diet and is the one my doctor recommends.

I am totally chicken to eat anything normal. . .I'm out now 5 weeks and still am sticking to mushies of a very low carb, no fat, sugar free diet. . . i know physically that i probably won't gain back my obesity as before, but my brain doesn't see it that way, all i see is fat, fat, fat, which i now refuse to ever be again. . stupid i know ugh

Hello! Ok, my surgery is scheduled for Feb. 11th and I started my liquid diet yesterday! I can only say this is one of the hardest things I've had to do. I've done pretty well, just cheated with a very small piece of cheese (brie) and I was wondering if I can have a small piece of grilled chicken? I am just starving and have 2 exams to study for :)

So I made it past the weekend with out a big mess up, it was hard getting through with out getting any fast food being around my friends all weekend they were eating all the favorites of mine! After a almost break down I made it through it. Today Is 10 days to D-day and it was my last feeling and chance of "cheating". So I gave myself a good job dinner (totally cheating, but i believe it was the best healthy cheat I could do) I made some chicken broth home made for this week coming up, so I had a small piece of the boiled chicken that I used to make the broth, and a few of the carrots that were in the broth. Gotta admit, not smoking cigs was a little more difficult of a time this weekend due to the fact I used them a few times to get over the hunger... But I've consider this my stopping due date. (Well Monday) So after tomorrow It will be 1 week till im sleeved... And thanks to everyone for their support! I wonder how many calories Would be in that dinner I had tonight..

Hello hershey,

I enjoyed chatting with you on the forum chat room today. I know that it is so hard to make it through the different diet stages before and after surgery. The best advice I can give you is to hang in there and not give up. I can understand how difficult it must be being around other friends especially eating fast foods and favorites. You being a 25 year old male, hanging out with friends must really be rough. You sure don't want to avoid your friends at this time, so just hang in there and if you do screw up as many of us do at times, just get back on track and try harder to do the right things. JUST DONT EVER GIVE UP AND KEEP LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS JOURNEY!!! The 9th will be here before you know it and you will be sleeved and on your way to a new you. I wish you all the best. You are the same age as my youngest child. He has weight issues, so i happy that you are doing something to change at a young age. I am 55 years and I wish I could have done this so many years ago. I have been obese for over 30 years.

Well dont feel so bad. I am just five days post op (and am miserable on my Clear Liquids btw) and I super cheated. First off, I weighed 366 before the pre op diet. I went on diet hard core for 3 days. Then had to fly to Mexico. My anxiety was high, I had to pee every 5 minutes, and my family was seriously getting on my nerves. So I told them all to shut up, and I went and had a turkey sandwich. Then proceeded to eat all of the fabulous Mexican food that I could possibly hold the next day in Mexico and did not go on clear liquids until Monday befor my surgery (which was Wednesday). Also, I did attempt to quit smoking, but miserably failed. I am an addict. I have never quit anything that tasted or felt good. This is my major personality flaw. So when I went to my pre op appt with Dr. Rumbaut in Monterray, I was honest and told him that I had been weak to the point of failure and was seriously worried that he would not do surgery on me. But he said that all of my pre op testing was normal and that he was glad I had been honest with him about my weakness. He said it was actually good that I did not try and quit smoking 3 days before surgery because the body would be making more phlegm than if you were smoking. So be honest with your doctor, obviously if we were extremely strong willed people we would not need the sleeve, or a patch for smoking, etc...They know we cheat. Just make sure you dont cheat to the point that the surgeon will not do the surgery. The food was the worst. My liver was not in the shape it should have been, and he told that to my family post op. But I came through the surgery with flying colors and could not have asked for a better experience. So lighten up on yourself.:)