Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Ideas......

So I was sleeved on Jan. 14th. I am supposed to be getting in 40 grams of Protein. Not doing it!! I can't seem to find anything that I like. I bought the New Whey Protein Shots that are 3 oz. and have 42 grams. I was holding my nose & downing it but I can't do that anymore. It makes me so sick. I have tried the chocolate whey Protein Powder, nope. I have tried the Muscle Milks, which I love, but I can't drink that much to get them down and they are also only 15 grams of protein.

My question is, how did you get your protein down a week into this? Also, what did you drink or use? Did you mix it with something?

I would really love some feedback because I can tell I need my protein but I don't know how to get it in.

OMG,, try Chike. I am preop and can't stand the bullet drink,, yuck..

I think Tiffykins turned me on the Chike,, it is the best tasting by far. I use it with 1/2 Water and 1/2 skim milk. But it in the blender and it gets really thick and tastes like a real delicious shake. It also has a lot of Vitamins. I am preop but seems you could sip it slowly,, it is so yummy.

Congrats on be a "Sleeved One".

Where do you get Chike?

OMG,, try Chike. I am preop and can't stand the bullet drink,, yuck..

I think Tiffykins turned me on the Chike,, it is the best tasting by far. I use it with 1/2 Water and 1/2 skim milk. But it in the blender and it gets really thick and tastes like a real delicious shake. It also has a lot of Vitamins. I am preop but seems you could sip it slowly,, it is so yummy.

Congrats on be a "Sleeved One".

Go to the food section and look for a thread called places to order samples. There is a chike website on there. They are now charging 6.95 for Chike samples instead of $3.

If I were you, I would order samples from a lot of places. You aren't going to want a big tub of something and end up not liking it.

That's why I think you should go to the page where it shows where to order samples. Everyone's taste is

different.

I went to that page & ordered all different kinds of sample packs.

Great! That is exactly why I started that page. Everyone likes different things. People should try things out before they get stuck with a bunch of stuff they hate.

I threw up if I even got the whey stuff near my mouth, so I gave up on that. I ordered Sun Warrior Brown Rice Protein -- if you email them, they will send you a free sample.

But what really SAVED me was drinking Odwalla Protein Monster drinks. I found them at my grocery store in a refrigerated area. It's a premade soy/milk drink . I don't need them now as I am getting all my protein from food, but for those weeks I couldn't eat, they were a lifesaver. Some people will say it's too high in calories, but I tended not to care about calories the first month (still lost @20 pounds though). HTH

What about unflavored Protein powder?? I've been experimenting with smoothies, but I have not added protein powder to one yet. I HAVE been using something new that I've read about somewhere on one of these boards...Greek Yogurt it's about double in protein of any other brand of yogurt. It smells and tastes a little more yogurty :) but when I add the fruit, banana or pineapple so far.....sugar-free Hershey's Syrup or vanilla or coconut extract....all the yummy stuff to make a smoothie, it makes a good, healthy drink. The yogurt is 16 gr of protein for 6 oz. Adding the protein powder is going to make this a great source...WON'T IT????!!!

I used GNC's brand of unflavored Protein powder and put it in everything until I used it all up.