Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's get this singles forum going!

I don't know about that it's better to have loved and lost then never to have loved at all. It was so heartbreaking when my bf told me he decided "being in a relationship was too hard" But I really do want to try again to find true love. I am beginning to think I will be alone for the rest of my life. There's nobody worth dating when I look online in my area and I don't know any other way to meet people around here.

I don't know if mine is a "success" story... way tooo early to tell!!

It's really strange tho- he lives just an hour way, but his job is demanding. When we started talking he was in Alaska........ then he had to go to TX........ and Then NY. He is now in 'TN.. at least till June or July.

Just my luck to find a guy close by, but was gone!!

Gotta admit, it being so new to me and "dating" again...... HAS made me feel alive!

And if I get my heart broken, all I can say is at least I'm trying and not gonna give up. I want more in my life.

Daisy- I understand you completly!!! I never dreamed I would talk to someone-yet alone meet them that lives so close by!! I too have felt like I would 'grow old' alone....... but I'm not settling for that!!

I too am at a loss on how to find anyone where I live. so thats why I decided to "go for it" with this guy!!

Wish me luck ladies......... 'cause I feel I need it, and the support here is wonderful.....Thank you all!!

Well the guy I have been talking to on the phone called me sweetie today. It felt really strange. We have never met. I would never dream of calling him that.

I'd like to meet him, but I really don't see how anything could possibly work with the amount of distance between us. If it were 3 hours on a freeway, that would be one thing. This is an hour and 1/2 on a narrow winding road before you get to the freeway. Time will tell I guess.

Well the guy I have been talking to on the phone called me sweetie today. It felt really strange. We have never met. I would never dream of calling him that.

I'd like to meet him, but I really don't see how anything could possibly work with the amount of distance between us. If it were 3 hours on a freeway, that would be one thing. This is an hour and 1/2 on a narrow winding road before you get to the freeway. Time will tell I guess.

Daisy, see PM.

So....what's going on with everyone?? It's been a month since the last post, so am ready for some stories!

I'm also single. Did the online thing....met some good guys, but none were for me. I just broke up with my on and off again (7 years) in October, and started seeing someone else recently. And by on and off again, I mean literally....dated 3-4 guys in between...engaged to one, etc.

So the new guy....on paper, he's fabulous...it just remains to be seen if the passion is there. I'm trying to take it slow, so we'll see!

Question for you all....have you or when do you tell them about the surgery? I had mine on Dec 21st, so it's still kind of new for me. This last guy, I met on a dating website for smart people (aka nerds) where you have to take and pass an IQ test to join....haha. Anyhoo, I went ahead and told him before we had met in person. It went well though. He's been very supportive and understanding, and even has joined me at the gym a few times.

But....alas.....the passion thing is way important to me...so hopefully we'll work out in that department too! Ugh...I hope so, anyway! :thumbup:

Hi, I'm reading this forum, but I've put the dating on hold until I'm further out from surgery. I'm still too new pre-op to add in dating. I can't figure out my new body, let alone try to explain it to someone else. I'd like to wait until I've let go of some pounds before I get out there with the internet dating again. I guess the fat girl site might not be the right one for me in a few months!

I can't wait to hear everyone's stories.

I'm so excited to hear how things are going for you guys and your new prospects! It took me years, but I have finally found "the 1"! I hope you guys don't give up. There will be good times and bad times, even after you find "the 1"! It is a long and bumpy road either way!!

Can't wait to see how Chancie and her new man are doing? And if Oregondaisy made the three hour distance between them work? And if this might be "the 1" for Kermit? I have read so much about all of you, it kinda feels like we are family here!! What a good feeling, and I'm so glad I have all of you to turn to!!

Keep us posted ladies...we're cheering for ya!

I'm also curious to see if any of our sleeve brothers will post to this sight, it would be nice to hear their stories too!!

Edited by angel96049

Hey ladies, let me put my two cents in.....I dated my sons father for 5 years on and off,which i was looking pretty good when we met 170 or so and we had a son born Jan 2009.We couldnt handle a relationship it seemed so we have just been co-parenting.So now my sons father seems to be more interested in a "relationship" after i started obsessing and set a date for surgery.It seems very coincidental.i was 238lbs after having my baby then i balloned up gradually to 275lbs in 2009-2010.He has never said anything about my weight, but he is a barber and works in a shop full if men.So i started not wanting to go in,waiting in the car and stuff like that because i was embaressed.I would like to think its a confidence factor that has him back on the horn, cause you know when your fat, all u talk about is your weight....but i was looking forward to meeting new prospects with my new body.Do yall think he'll be acting different when i'm slim and if so should i be bitter because he never expressed his disapproval with my weight when it was an issue in his mind??:wink0:

I know I would really have hurt feelings if he looked at me differently after having WLS. Especially since he should know you inside and not just the outside.

I've been dating a new guy. He is very funny and has a great personality but I don't find him attractive. I am trying to over look that though because he is a great guy and I know he will treat me very well.

I also have another guy writing to me. I met these 2 on a new site called speed dating where you can live chat for 3 min but I told them both to find me on plentyoffish.com

I haven't been hearing very much from the guy that lives 3 hours away. I am not really sure why he stopped calling so much.

The one I am now dating invited me to dinner at his house friday night. I've eaten with him twice and it's not easy. I am thinking about telling him about the surgery. I don't really want to, but it would sure make things easier.

It feels really good to have guys paying attention to me. I wish I would have had this surgery years ago!

Ella, I wouldn't waste your time having hurt feelings. It won't get you what you want which is to feel fabulous about yourself. Whatever was in his way is "his stuff" and really has nothing to do with you. I'm so sorry he made you feel like it was about you. I dated a guy recently for a couple of years off and on that kept telling me how gorgeous I was at 249. He saw me for who I am and loved it. Your guy is out there. Think about all the fun you're going to have. We can compare notes. I can't wait to be at a place where "I'M" feeling great about my looks and want to put myself out there again. I want a healthy man. Likes attract so I want to look/feel very healthy.

Daisy, you'll know the right thing about whether to tell him about your surgery or not. I imagine it's a tough choice. I don't know what I'll do when I'm in your shoes. I love that the guys are paying you all this attention!

I will report back after I eat dinner at his house tomorrow. He has a hot tub and I am thinking of telling him I am bringing my bathing suit. I have these little

shorts that I wear over my suit. I thought they looked pretty cute on me last summer. I tried them on cause I am going on a cruise soon, and they are almost falling off me. It feels good!

Gotta love the sleeve!

Congrats, Oregondaisy! Please keep us posted... I'm not ready for dating, maybe in the future. But's it's so exciting to see others getting out there! :)

We'll be waiting for a report Daisy! Have fun. :)

It went very well last night. He is a perfect gentleman. He cooked a wonderful dinner. When he was in the kitchen getting something to drink, I pushed most of my food onto his plate. I was able to eat without him becoming suspicious.

We watched a good movie, and I was a little nervous that he might want to start something that I wasn't ready for, but he didn't at all. I had a great time.

I am also writing to another guy but I am leary of him as he has a 12 and a 14 yr old. It would be strange to date someone with kids that young since my kids are 26 and 29 years old and have kids of their own. It seems strange to me that a guy 58 years old would have kids that young.

Time will tell! I plan to go out with both of them and see how it goes!