Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you determine quantity?

I'm in the process of ordering all my Vitamins & was just wondering how you know how many of everything to take?? I read about some people taking this many of one & others taking this many of another & it just made me curious. Do you just follow the dosage on the bottle or is it different for us sleevers now?!

I'm in the process of ordering all my Vitamins & was just wondering how you know how many of everything to take?? I read about some people taking this many of one & others taking this many of another & it just made me curious. Do you just follow the dosage on the bottle or is it different for us sleevers now?!

Your doctor or nutritionist should be able to tell you the amount to take. After your post-surgery labs (6 weeks out or so), they may have to adjust them a bit.

Depending on how much you can eat, I believe that 1 prenatal, 2 Calcium, and 1 B12 should be enough for us sleevers. Then your labs will point out any deficiencies that need to be addressed (iron, vitD, etc)

I was instructed to take 2 chewable multi-Vitamins (Centrum chewable were on my list) daily. 1000mg of calcium citrate and if needed a sublingual B12.

I took the GNC multi-Vitamin into my nutritionist because I hate Centrum or Flintstone chewables. They were gritty, and gross. She approved of them, and said they were better than most multi-vitamins out there.

I just had my labs pulled on the 15th, and at 7 months post op, I had zero deficiencies. I do not have to take additional Iron. Plus, I've been slacking on the Calcium. So, I was pretty shocked that nothing came back on my labs. I'm still waiting on the B12 results, but really don't foresee it being an issue.

Tiffy, I went to GNC yesterday and purchased the Solatron Multi with bioavailable Iron that you're taking. I figured that your recent labs speak for themselves. I tried one before I left the store because I was going to return them if I couldn't stand the taste, but the berry taste is acceptable. This is my first foray into chewable Vitamins.

I was told by my surgeon to take a multi and 500 - 600 mg. calcium citrate. Then take B12 if needed. I got some sublingual B12 at Trader Joe's yesterday. I'm still looking for a chewable citrate that's not high in carbs. I tried the Lemon from Bariatric but didn't like it. I was surprised as I generally love everything lemon.

Follow your doctor's orders. Mine did tests that showed what I was deficient in. No need to take what you don't need!