Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well I will speak the entire truth of the matter!! Since I came to this site and decided that I would use Dr Almanza, I have been called names threatened, told I was lower than POOP!!! And this has been going on for over a year! There are a lot of people who had decided that Dr. Almanza was not a good Dr, Don't know how they came to that conclusion but they did. (the singular thread that links these woman is that they all had surgery with Dr. Aceves) They come out in droves everytime we post positive stuff, and even more if it is negative!!!

If you care any about this you will do some research: The negative comments are about the size of the clinic, and the aftercare home. I have been to both and found they were both just fine. I have not heard of anything stemming directly against Dr Almanza, I don't think you will see it. He is a fine surgeon, had to spend 4 hours on me last time to fix the band, I,m doing great!!

So to finish this!!!! Please don't always agree with what you read! These people are here to make money, not all of of them, But there is a population that does not admit they are trying to make money.

PM me I would be happy to answer any questions!! Pleas don't get freaked out by the ONE time poster who says :no one helped me, we had no phone, I was in pain and they would not give me something, ETC ETC!! It does not happen there! The nurses are wonderful it you do not get what you want call Dr Bettancourt, he will fix it QUICKLY! I Loved my experiences!!

Fab,

Just a few questions for you. You state you have been coming on this board for a year. Your join date is Sept 2009. Were you posting under another name? Why did you change your "screen name" if you have been here for a year?

Also you state you have been called names and threatened. By whom? I have read most of the posts on this board since I was here from basically the beginning. Never did I see a post where you were called names. The only negative ones I read about you were when you were trying to "flame" people who were not even on here anymore. Now here you are, trying to "flame" anyone connected to Dr. Aceves.

Now, as far as accusing Dr. Aceves patient's of picking on you/Dr Almanza. I personally have never said anything negative about Dr. Almanza (except for the posts from secretgarden that were removed by Alex). I could personally care less about who poeple use as their physician. The only thing I have written about is the "bad suture" statements. I'm sure you read my fact based posts on that situation. I have not recently read any negative postings on Dr. Almanza. The one I did read was removed shortly after posting.

Now, pretty much there are only a few surgeons doing the VSG. Dr. Almanza and Dr. Aceves being some of the few. Of course, statistically speaking, this would mean that there are more of their patients posting on this site. So, therefore, there are alot of Dr. Aceves patients posting on this site. Are others not allowed to post great things about their surgeon?

In short, why are you now again trying to start something? This is a site to support people. I don't really care to hear the chit you are trying to again start. What was the purpose, especially since there hadn't been a posting on this thread since the last of January?

Alex, why is this allowed????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you pretty much just unintentionally reinforced her point.

Hmmmm. I thought the same exact thing, and I don't even have a sleeve. Why, bring a thread back to life that you don't like?

As far as her join date versus how long she has been coming here....that is pretty easy answer...a lot of people come to a forum for awhile and then join.

But, frankly the post was pretty much useless.....accomplished nothing, and makes for more strife that you are supposedly not liking?

Edited by Jaffa

Whats the best way to get good information??? any ideas

Stacey

I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you pretty much just unintentionally reinforced her point.

LMAO!!!! Hard to tell to whom this was directed but is funny, none the less.

All someone has to do is read this back and the answers are as clear as day. ok, not so clear in the pacific northwest cause we get alot of rain, but maybe somewhere like the Florida where there is more sun.

Tracy - I think what Tracy meant was someone merely posting: I use Dr. X and had a good (or bad) experience. Anyone interested can then pm that person for more info??

3636Millie - uh, I don't think Fab started this thread. Maybe you should ask the person who did why they again started drama.

carolyn24seven - AMEN girl!!!

Alex - I feel for you! You would think we were discussing religion and politics. Maybe all references to all doctors or clinics should be removed in posts, tag lines, etc, and leave it as how do you feel, what can you eat, how much have you lost, what should I pack. It is a shame that people have specific agendas to push, believe their way is the only way and so on.

Stcyt - I think I mentioned this to you in another thread. It is like anything else. You have to read, read and read again. Take notes on who seems to have a one track mind and who is flexibile in accepting other choices. I think I said before, its like raising a baby. Some people will say the baby must be on a schedule, others say let the baby eat and sleep when they want to. Its just like Carolyn said - problems can happen anywhere and anytime. You will have to weigh your options, decide who to believe and who not to believe, and then make a decision. You are the one who has to live your choice, no one else.

Thanks PNW... its hard not to get freaked out.

Are there any independant stat keepers on complications etc. I'm not worried about the accomidations... I'm a good travler. It's more infections I worry about. Are there any stats anywhere on these rates? I don't have the money for post op complications... I'm sure my insurance will not cover such costs.

thanks

Stacey

Thanks PNW... its hard not to get freaked out.

Are there any independant stat keepers on complications etc. I'm not worried about the accomidations... I'm a good travler. It's more infections I worry about. Are there any stats anywhere on these rates? I don't have the money for post op complications... I'm sure my insurance will not cover such costs.

thanks

Stacey

You could probably search high and low on the internet and find all kinds of stats; who knows how correct they are. And sometimes you will find that a research project about the effectiveness of something, was actually done by or paid for by the creator or parent company.

I agree with you about the accomodations. But then I have paid to stay in a mud hut with no running Water, very little electricity, no showers and bathrooms that were merely holes in the ground. They were very clean holes in the ground tho! LOL

I really haven't heard of many people having complications. There is that saying that bad news travels faster and wider than good news. It seems reasonable to me that if there was a high complication rate, it would be plastered all over.

I also have doubts about infections - or rather the cause. I have read on other sites that someone knew of several or many people who ended up with incision infections. I would like more info - did they have the infection prior to leaving the clinic or hospital, did they take poor care of themselves when they got home, or were they just more susceptible to infection for one reason or another. Of course, those stats are never available or provided by those posting.

To me, it seemed that overall this was a successful surgery with few if any complications for most people.

OMG!!!!!

I just happened to get an email showing some of the replies to this post. Now you have to realize I had SOME of these people blocked!! I just decided to unblock everyone on my list a few weeks ago.

I do not want to get into another shouting match with someone I will need to block again!!! I have always posted MY experience ONLY... I have NEVER picked on anyone else, or who they had as a surgeon. I just chose to post the fact that the people that continually pick on me are from the same DR. I do NOT want any more fights about my Dr. I have EVERY right to post about the fact that I have had VERY good experiences with him. Why do I continually have to justify that?? That is one thing about these forums that I will NEVER understand!

I have endorsed said "other" Dr. many times, I think he has a great reputation. I have actually told people to go to him, so why is it that I'm attacked every time I post about my good experience with my Dr.

Thanks PNW for standing up for me but beware you will probably be the next to be picked on. It has gone on for a long time. I actually left for a long time because i could not understand why people were so hateful to each other. If it comes to that again, I will not be back. I have had enough, and truly do not need the stress!!

Happy losing to all!!

You could probably search high and low on the internet and find all kinds of stats; who knows how correct they are. And sometimes you will find that a research project about the effectiveness of something, was actually done by or paid for by the creator or parent company.

I agree with you about the accomodations. But then I have paid to stay in a mud hut with no running Water, very little electricity, no showers and bathrooms that were merely holes in the ground. They were very clean holes in the ground tho! LOL

I really haven't heard of many people having complications. There is that saying that bad news travels faster and wider than good news. It seems reasonable to me that if there was a high complication rate, it would be plastered all over.

I also have doubts about infections - or rather the cause. I have read on other sites that someone knew of several or many people who ended up with incision infections. I would like more info - did they have the infection prior to leaving the clinic or hospital, did they take poor care of themselves when they got home, or were they just more susceptible to infection for one reason or another. Of course, those stats are never available or provided by those posting.

To me, it seemed that overall this was a successful surgery with few if any complications for most people.

OMG!!!!!

I just happened to get an email showing some of the replies to this post. Now you have to realize I had SOME of these people blocked!! I just decided to unblock everyone on my list a few weeks ago.

I do not want to get into another shouting match with someone I will need to block again!!! I have always posted MY experience ONLY... I have NEVER picked on anyone else, or who they had as a surgeon. I just chose to post the fact that the people that continually pick on me are from the same DR. I do NOT want any more fights about my Dr. I have EVERY right to post about the fact that I have had VERY good experiences with him. Why do I continually have to justify that?? That is one thing about these forums that I will NEVER understand!

I have endorsed said "other" Dr. many times, I think he has a great reputation. I have actually told people to go to him, so why is it that I'm attacked every time I post about my good experience with my Dr.

Thanks PNW for standing up for me but beware you will probably be the next to be picked on. It has gone on for a long time. I actually left for a long time because i could not understand why people were so hateful to each other. If it comes to that again, I will not be back. I have had enough, and truly do not need the stress!!

Happy losing to all!!

Bernadette, I agree you have always been extremely pleasant and very supportive.

I have never once bashed anyone or anyone's particular surgeon's choice. I simply stated over and over based on what my needs and requirements were, and that I would choose one surgeon over another for my choice.

You, Bernadette, have always been respectful, and kind to all here. I promise I don't want anyone to justify their good experience, just as I don't think I should have to justify why I would only choose Dr. Aceves for my revision if insurance would not have come through for me. I did my research on Mexico surgeons, I weighed the options while trying to figure out if Tricare would cover/approve a revision. So, when asked, I tell people my opinion on who I would have chosen.

I know a lot of people have wonderful experiences with Dr. Almanza, and it isn't personal when it comes to me not choosing him. It was simply a matter of facility, experience with band revisions, and my own personal requirements for a surgeon.

This should not have ever been turned into a surgeon vs. surgeon war or personal opinion vs. personal opinion war.

And, this thread has been dead forever and it gets dug up and it all continues.

Edit to add: I think it's just as wrong to have to justify the bad experiences, or have members blame the patient for complications as it for any of the members to feel that their good experiences be justified. It's no different than having lapband lovers tell us that we failed the band when you and I both know that is the furthest thing from the truth when it comes to having to seek a revision.

Edited by Tiffykins

Thanks Tiffykins

I did not know that when I posted my reply a few weeks ago that I would be opening a can of worms, nor did I notice that no one had posted on this thread for a while. (my fault) I should have let sleeping dogs lay.

I understand your choice in surgeons if you would have been self pay. If I would have had the extra I probably would have gone to him too. I don't have a problem with you endorsing him, I have too.

I'm well aware that not everyone has had the great experiences that I have, but when saying that I also know there are a lot of trolls that come on here post something horrible about Dr. A and then dissapear. That I do not condone. I also do not like that some posts dissapear, when it is clearly a troll I have no problem with it. But a regular post should not be deleated. I also do not like the fact that when you put your curser over Dr Aceves name it gives you a link for Jeruselum Hospital. That should have been fixed, but is still doing it!!

Anyway I'm sorry if you felt I was picking on you, or any of your posts. That was never my intent. I have a great respect for you and how you help so many people! I do feel you are fair and honest in your posts!

So with all of that said, I wish this thread would go away!!

Have a great weekend!!

Are threads about Dr. Almanza and Dr. Betancourt being deleted on this forum?

Truthfully, I've referred countless members here because I believed (note the PAST TENSE) that this forum is a wealth of knowledge and an honest support forum.

The credibility of this forum is being compromised because of "back room" politics, and it's a true shame.

How can one sleep at night knowing that so many issues have come up yet no one will know because the threads and even the members that started the threads are being deleted and removed from the forum.

Obviously, someone doesn't want the entire truth to get out. Why not allow people to post their personal experiences, and allow pre-op patients to base their choice of surgeon on their own observations and research?

It's shady, and while I realize forums are businesses, the shadiness, and unethical practices have gone far enough.

I'm sure this will be reported, and removed as well, but I'm sad to see this forum become a site that is not open for all to share the good, bad, and ugly of their own personal experiences.

Not all of us are sheep willing to follow any shepherd, and it's downright pathetic.

I recently started on OH.

I dont think I will be posting on this site anymore as I dont agree with "censorship" especially when it comes to something as important as this.

No matter what your personal opinion might be - we all have a right to see what each other has posted or has to say- and the fact that certain unfavorable things are being deleted by the site owner is sleezy.

I dont like that.

So..............

hopefully I will see you over on Obestiy Help Tiffykins cause I like bouncing stuff off of you!!!

:(

I don't agree with censorship either. LBT and VST were specifically created with that in mind. It bothers me greatly any time I must delete a post or thread. I personally underwent WLS and my intent and purpose is to help others who are going through the same ordeal.

Before you shoot off your mouth again, I'd take these items in to account:

1) There are people who are PAID to post negative items about surgeons

2) I'm personally aware of multiple horror stories that were complete fabrications

3) I see the IP addresses of all members. When I see someone who has 15 different accounts, I have the absolute right to believe that they are up to no good and yes I do delete posts that are absolutely untrue

4) Coordinators (AKA WLS sales people) are fiercely competitive and will do almost anything in order to make sure that you book with their surgeon. Over the years we've nailed more than 10 coordinators who were up to no good on our forums. They were dealt with quietly and behind the scenes, so the reputation of the surgeons they were representing wasn't tarnished. I think this was a big mistake and I'm debating making all of this information readily available to the public

You aren't aware of what truly goes on behind the scenes. I try my hardest to make sure that true and accurate information is disseminated, not the other way around.

Alex

Thank you very much for answering everyone's questions. I think this will help people understand why "certain" posts are deleted.

I don't agree with censorship either. LBT and VST were specifically created with that in mind. It bothers me greatly any time I must delete a post or thread. I personally underwent WLS and my intent and purpose is to help others who are going through the same ordeal.

Before you shoot off your mouth again, I'd take these items in to account:

1) There are people who are PAID to post negative items about surgeons

2) I'm personally aware of multiple horror stories that were complete fabrications

3) I see the IP addresses of all members. When I see someone who has 15 different accounts, I have the absolute right to believe that they are up to no good and yes I do delete posts that are absolutely untrue

4) Coordinators (AKA WLS sales people) are fiercely competitive and will do almost anything in order to make sure that you book with their surgeon. Over the years we?ve nailed more than 10 coordinators who were up to no good on our forums. They were dealt with quietly and behind the scenes, so the reputation of the surgeons they were representing wasn?t tarnished. I think this was a big mistake and I?m debating making all of this information readily available to the public

You aren't aware of what truly goes on behind the scenes. I try my hardest to make sure that true and accurate information is disseminated, not the other way around.

WHOA!!! "Before I go shooting my mouth off again"

LOL!

You are too much Alex.:lol0: