Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Made it to Mexicali, surgery in the morning

Well, we made the trip to San Diego and then on to Mexicali. My flight was an hour late so I was so worried that the van would leave without me. Of course they waited for me.

We did all our preop tests today. They actually weren't bad at all. They drew blood, did x rays and a ekg. We met with the anesthesiologist first and then Dr. Aceves. I loved them both. They were very detailed about what to expect and what is expected of us. Had lots of paperwork to fill out. We were allowed to go out to dinner tonight after a full day of fasting. Needless to say, I ate to much. I was starved by the time we had dinner around 6pm.

The hotel is very nice and the restaurant here is fantastic.

I met Brenda and her mother. Great people. We actually had dinner together tonight.

Tomorrow morning Ernesto will pick us up at 7am to head to the hospital for surgery. Surprisingly I'm not nervous at all. They did give us an antibiotic we are to take tonight and a pill to help us sleep.< /p>

I'll post more tomorrow after surgery.

Wish me Luck and all prayers appreciated.

:)

Barbara,

I am so happy you and Brenda made it there safely. I will be praying for you both tonight along with my prayers for me. :)

I can't wait to chat with you both when we are all on the Post-Op side. Talk to you both soon.

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow!! I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Keep us posted! You will do wonderful!

Here's luck to you and Brenda and wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thanks everyone! Packing up now and getting ready to head to the hospital for surgery. I'll try to post more along the way and after surgery.

I'm still waiting in line for surgery. I wasn't the first taken in and it looks like we have a full house here. Two other ladies had surgery yesterday and we meet them in the hall when we arrived. Just found out I'm going to be the 4th in line today. Brenda just got her happy pill which means she is next in line. I'll post again after surgery. I probably won't be out till late this evening.

Barbara & Brenda

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a happy surgery day!!! You will be in and out in no time, and on your way to the losers bench!!

Just remember as soon as you can, walk, walk, walk!! You heal faster and it cuts back on the amount of gas you have.

Good luck and happy losing!

You're in our prayers! Congrats!

Well, I'm guessing you're all sleeved up by now. YA! Here's to a great first day post-surgery... Hope you're doing well! Cheers! :001_tongue::thumbup::001_smile:

Well, we made the trip to San Diego and then on to Mexicali. My flight was an hour late so I was so worried that the van would leave without me. Of course they waited for me.

We did all our preop tests today. They actually weren't bad at all. They drew blood, did x rays and a ekg. We met with the anesthesiologist first and then Dr. Aceves. I loved them both. They were very detailed about what to expect and what is expected of us. Had lots of paperwork to fill out. We were allowed to go out to dinner tonight after a full day of fasting. Needless to say, I ate to much. I was starved by the time we had dinner around 6pm.

The hotel is very nice and the restaurant here is fantastic.

I met Brenda and her mother. Great people. We actually had dinner together tonight.

Tomorrow morning Ernesto will pick us up at 7am to head to the hospital for surgery. Surprisingly I'm not nervous at all. They did give us an antibiotic we are to take tonight and a pill to help us sleep.

I'll post more tomorrow after surgery.

Wish me Luck and all prayers appreciated.

:001_tongue:

Welcome to our side sleeve sister! How do you feel today? Probably all groggy. . . just remember once your grogginess passes, walk, walk, walk, and sip that water! Congratulations!!!

Thanks for all your wells wishes. I think I was the last one sleeved because I didn't get back to my room until after 6pm. I walked once last night before going to bed. Surgery went very well and no hernia which I expected might be the case. Brenda had hers before me and I think she's doing great. I'm not in a lot of pain, mostly just estremely sore. They did do the spinal shot, but by the time they do that to you, you are just about totally out of it and don't feel a thing. So don't fret about it ladies. They do this because it kicks in about 2 hours after surgery after everything wears off from the surgery and keeps you comfortable.

I'll write more later.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.