Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Made it to Mexicali, surgery in the morning

Barbara my Wal-Mart didn't have them either. Other people in my area have found them at other Wal-Marts. Try drug stores too. CVS carries Profect. I bet Walgreen's carries another brand but I haven't looked. Fry's grocery has them so another grocery might as well.

Thanks I'll look for the Isopure at CVS. I haven't tried that yet.

Firefly, We drove across town to another Walmart and they had it. Yah!!! Thanks so much.

Hi Barbara

I have the unjury strawberry Sorbet, it mixes clear, little sweet, I mixed it with some SOBE lifewater. Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm doing good, after getting over been frozen all day yesterday, mom said it was from lack of Protein. I warmed up after I got 46 grams in last night. It was so good to sleep in my own bed last night.

Do you remember how long we need to keep the tape on the insisions?

Hey Brenda,

So glad to hear from you. It did feel so good to get back home and be in my own bed. I've also been really cold. More so than normal and you're right, it's probably from lack of Protein.

The tape needs to stay on the incisions until they come off on their own. They said just wash normally and pat them dry and eventually they will fall off.

Keep me posted on how you are doing and tell your sweet mom hello.

:thumbup:

Nina said the stuff in tubes is ok. So we are all set now. I still like the unjury best. I ordered the strawberry Sorbet flavor last night.

The anesthesiologist explained why they do this. You are basically put under and don't even notice them doing it. The reason they do it is because the spinal takes effect (morphine) about two hours after the surgery. The IV Morphine works just while going through the surgery. I was very fearful of it but once he explained it, it made sense. They don't get anywhere near your spinal cord. They inject it in your tail bone where there is no spinal cord between those membranes. I'm sure if you requested not to have it they would not give it to you. But honestly, it wasn't bad at all, I don't even remember it.

There are stitches on all but one incision. They disolve in about 7 to 10 days. There is one larger incision that is left open and it heals from the inside out. That one takes about 15 days to heal. You may have some ozzing from that one and that is the only one you change the dressing on after showering.

Dr. Aceves did two leak tests. The first is the day after surgery. You swallow 4 small medicine cups of apple juice that is died blue. Then you are xrayed to see if there is any leaking, and then the next day you do another test with some type of nasty tasting liquid and they follow it going down by xray as well. It wasn't bad at all.

I never needed to be catherized. I went with no problem at all.

Hope this information helped.

Oh and the stitches they put in do disolve on their own. You will not need to remove them.

This was really helpful to me. Answered questions I hadn't thought to ask. Thank you!

good to here you got to mexicali just fine.....you?ll definitely have no problems, dr. aceves and his staff are great and they?re always there to make you feel as welcomed as possible. so how?s the weather down in mexicali?

Hey, glad you found the bullets. They aren't the best tasting thing in the world, but it's a very small amount, so should be something you can add to Water... Has anyone heard of or tried these products... they have a "flavorless" one, which, if it is truly flavorless, would be AWESOME! Thinking of buying it to see how it goes, but would really like some feedback... :smile:

Bariatric Advantage - liquid Proteins - Pro-Stat64

Bariatric Advantage - Liquid Proteins - Proteinex - 18g

Please let us know how flavorless the stuff is.

I have the Bariatric Advantage brand Meal Replacement powder and hate it. The taste isn't too bad but its so thick I have all I can do to drink it pre-op. Even added to double the Water its thick and foamy.

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored is fine mixed with Crystal Lite. The Profect etc tubes are ok because they are a small amount. I bought some 50 gram Profect too. I only have to drink 1 1/2 ounces (half a tube) to get the 25 grams of Protein. They work out a lot cheaper too.

I feel like I am almost prepared for surgery. All I think I need to get in are popsicles and more Jello.

Thanks everyone for the tips and encouragement. Keep them coming.

Please let us know how flavorless the stuff is.

I have the Bariatric Advantage brand Meal Replacement powder and hate it. The taste isn't too bad but its so thick I have all I can do to drink it pre-op. Even added to double the Water its thick and foamy.

unjury unflavored is fine mixed with Crystal Lite. The Profect etc tubes are ok because they are a small amount. I bought some 50 gram Profect too. I only have to drink 1 1/2 ounces (half a tube) to get the 25 grams of Protein. They work out a lot cheaper too.

I feel like I am almost prepared for surgery. All I think I need to get in are popsicles and more Jello.

Thanks everyone for the tips and encouragement. Keep them coming.

I will let you know how it is when I get this and try it... I hope we will get a chance to meet when you get to MX, before I head home. If you don't mind, PM me your name and such, and perhaps if nothing else we can chat on the phone whilst both of us are in Mexicali? :smile:

On another note... Have any of you tried the "chewable" Protein supplements?

Bariatric chewable Protein Tablets & pills For A Gastric Bypass Diet

PM sent. I see our start weights are about the same. I want to get back to 135. I was there 2 years ago and it was a perfect weight for me.

I need prayers please. I noticed a knot in my arm about 5 inches above the spot where my IV for surgery was. It got red and started hurting so hubby took me to ER at 7pm last night. We spent 5 hours there last night. They did an ultra sound and found I have a blood clot. I have to go into see my Regular doc tomorrow. It's scary. All prayers would be greatly appreciated. :(

Barbara

Hugs and prayers coming your way! You will be just fine.

I need prayers please. I noticed a knot in my arm about 5 inches above the spot where my IV for surgery was. It got red and started hurting so hubby took me to ER at 7pm last night. We spent 5 hours there last night. They did an ultra sound and found I have a blood clot. I have to go into see my Regular doc tomorrow. It's scary. All prayers would be greatly appreciated. :(

OMG Barbara, Prayers go out to you, Hope all goes well.

You got it Barbara. Keep us posted, and know we're all praying and thinking of you.