Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Made it to Mexicali, surgery in the morning

Barbara

Great to hear you are doing so well! Just make sure you walk as much as possible, you heal faster and it cuts down on the gas. You will do great!!

Good luck and happy losing!!

Sorry I haven't been updating much. It's the sedond day and has been a rough one. We've been walking the hall quite a bit but still have pains. We were allowed to drink Water for the first time a few hours ago. They also had us drink 4 small medicine cups of blue apple juice so they can test for leaks. That took a while to get down and it's funny cause everyone is walking around with blue teeth and lips. About 1/2 hour later they brought us hot tea, apple juice and some crystal lite. We just drink it as we can.

I'm pretty groggy cause I had pain meds earlier to I'll keep this short.

Report more later.

Hi Barbara

The second day is something I don't talk a lot about, with good reason!! It seems to be the worst, but just think every day from here on out gets better and better!!

So glad to hear you have been walking the halls! It really is the best medicine. It is the only thing I could do to keep the gas pains under control!

So you got to drink the dreaded blue juice?? You called it apple juice? Man mine tasted something awful! I don't think I could ever compare it to apple juice.

Just keep sipping and walking as much as possible, and nap when you feel like it!

Good luck and happy losing!

Sorry I haven't been updating much. It's the sedond day and has been a rough one. We've been walking the hall quite a bit but still have pains. We were allowed to drink Water for the first time a few hours ago. They also had us drink 4 small medicine cups of blue apple juice so they can test for leaks. That took a while to get down and it's funny cause everyone is walking around with blue teeth and lips. About 1/2 hour later they brought us hot tea, apple juice and some crystal lite. We just drink it as we can.

I'm pretty groggy cause I had pain meds earlier to I'll keep this short.

Report more later.

Barbara,

You'll soon be over the hardest part and then the fun will start, watching the scales go down, down, down...it is almost magical how fast it happens. Hang in there, it is worth every groan!

Glad to hear you both made it through safe and sound! Keep us posted... how are you feeling today? Doing the breathing exercise? :thumbup: Here's to your sleeve!

great, i wish you the best of luck....dr. aceves and his staff are great so you won't have any problems.

please keep us posted.

:scared0:

Thanks everyone! Sorry I haven't been posting much but it's been a rough few days. It's day three and still not feeling so well. I am getting better than I was before, but still very out of it and some pain. Everyone here has been wonderful. They did remove the drain today and that definetly helped. I'll be heading home tomorrow and will update more from there.

Barbara

Good for you, getting the drain out will help you a lot. It just seems like you are slower with it! You said you are going home tomorrow, do you have to fly? If so I wish you a speedy pain free flight!!

Bernadette

Hi everyone! Well, I'm a little more coherant today. We made the trip home last night. It felt so good to sleep in my own bed. I feel a little better as each day goes by. I'm drinking fluids just fine but having difficulty trying to figure out how to get the Protein in with it. My stomach is still very swollen but is getting better.

I imagine it will take me awhile to get it all figured out.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your posts (they cheered me up) and for all your prayers and thoughts.

More later!

Glad you are home and feeling better!

These 2 products can help a great deal with your Protein needs. The Profect Protein in tubes can be found in CVS. Other brands of tubes at Wal-Mart and Fry's. The powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored is just fine in a bottle of Water with Crystal Lite. I am pre-op but have been sampling everything. It can also be mixed in Jello which is tasty. The directions for that are on their web site.

Happy healing!

Profect Protein Beverage - For Special Medical Needs and Healthy Lifestyles

https://www.unjury.com/

Hi everyone! Well, I'm a little more coherant today. We made the trip home last night. It felt so good to sleep in my own bed. I feel a little better as each day goes by. I'm drinking fluids just fine but having difficulty trying to figure out how to get the Protein in with it. My stomach is still very swollen but is getting better.

I imagine it will take me awhile to get it all figured out.

Just wanted to say thanks for all your posts (they cheered me up) and for all your prayers and thoughts.

More later!

Many of us could not get in the Protein the first few weeks, but just be sure you get in all the water/clear liquids...dehydration is the first problem that you need to prevent, as a priority, at this stage.

Once your sleeve is calmed down from the surgery, you will be able to get in more fluids and when you start the full liquids, then you can work on getting all the protein in.

Great to sleep in your own bed, I hear you. I felt the same way. Congratulations of your new sleeve!

Many of us could not get in the Protein the first few weeks, but just be sure you get in all the water/clear liquids...dehydration is the first problem that you need to prevent, as a priority, at this stage.

Once your sleeve is calmed down from the surgery, you will be able to get in more fluids and when you start the full liquids, then you can work on getting all the Protein in.

Great to sleep in your own bed, I hear you. I felt the same way. Congratulations of your new sleeve!

Thanks Cajun,

That's my main focus right now is to try to make sure I get the fluids in. It is indeed hard. I'm just sipping stuff constantly. Do you know if whey protein mix can be added to Clear Liquids during the first 10 days of Clear Liquids?

I emailed my doctors office but haven't heard back. If I can, that will make it alot easier to get my Proteins and liquids in at the same time.

Thanks Cajun,

That's my main focus right now is to try to make sure I get the fluids in. It is indeed hard. I'm just sipping stuff constantly. Do you know if whey Protein mix can be added to clear liquids during the first 10 days of clear liquids?

I emailed my doctors office but haven't heard back. If I can, that will make it alot easier to get my Proteins and liquids in at the same time.

I was told I could have Isopure which is a clear Protein Drink, but not the whey powder that you mix in milk, it's not "clear". I couldnot tolerate the Isopure (isopuke), but I did make an effort to add just a little to each bottle of sobe life Water that I drank, to just get in a little Protein at least. After starting the full liquids I did fine with the Jay Robb chocolate whey powder in lactaid milk. Those first two weeks were the hardest.

I made homemade chicken Soup and strained out the broth...it was great. Froze the solid part for use later when on mushies, you can blend it with a little broth for a mush, and it's great too.