Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Big Girl Panties!

Well 5 days away from surgery. :001_smile: I think I'm as prepared as I'm going to be. I did last minute shopping for things I need to take with me to the hospital. I bought a cheap gown to wear, just in case I feel good enough after surgery to wear one. I bought a comfy jogging suit to wear there and back. I also took peoples advice from this site and bought some "big girl panties". Sounds like your belly swells up a bit after surgery and big panties are more comfortable than your regular ones (not that my regular ones aren't big girl panties already:001_unsure:). I normally buy my undies at Dillards and never really paid attention to the size. I just pick up an individual pair, eye ball them, and then buy them. Well last night, I decided to go to Wal-Mart to look for those panties that come in packs. I've never bought undies like that before and was a little confused as to what size I needed. After some serious contemplating I picked a pack that I thought would be big on me and headed home. First thing hubby said when I walked in the door is "Did you find some big girl panties"? I pulled out the sealed pack to show him and started to open them up. The first thought that went through my head was "What if these fit me perfect, and I just think these are going to be big on me"? I would NEVER bring these back to get bigger ones. As it was, I made sure it was a lady cashier before I would check out and felt like I was waving them over my head as I walked to the check out counter saying "Hey everyone, look at these huge panties"! :lol0: Funny how our mind works, huh? lol Thank goodness they were big and will work just fine.

Best of luck to you in 5 days keep us posted as you feel up to it. Heres to a quick surgery and an even faster recovery. ( I gots me some big girl panties also. :001_smile: )

I actually wore bikini panties and my drain fit perfect in there! But this is after losing 40+ lbs with the band before the sleeve.

I loved your title "big girl panties" and the story behind it!! LOL

Best of luck to you in 5 days keep us posted as you feel up to it. Heres to a quick surgery and an even faster recovery. ( I gots me some big girl panties also. :ohmy: )

Thank you so much Katrina! I will have my laptop with me and will be posting updates. :001_tongue:

I actually wore bikini panties and my drain fit perfect in there! But this is after losing 40+ lbs with the band before the sleeve.

I loved your title "big girl panties" and the story behind it!! LOL

Fabby, I wish I could wear bikini's!! Hopefully after my sleeve and probably plastics...I might be able to. lol :001_tongue:

Some of my panties are so huge on me, it's sort of funny. It was the last thing I started buying when my clothes got too big. I still wear some of my old ones that are huge on me.

I'd like to get some bikinis but all I ever see are high cut. I don't like those that are really high on the sides. It's difficult, because they aren't something you can really try on!

Hi all

Well I guess I should confess, I have had a Tummy Tuck already!! Well it really was not just a tummy tuck it was called a tram flap! For any of you familiar with breast cancer I had a mastectomy and reconstruction. The type of reconstruction I had is called a Tram Flap. They take a football shaped section from your tummy and make a new boob with it! So I got a 2 fer!!! I have a new boob and a flat tummy to boot! Not exactly the way I would have chose to have the tummy tuck but worked well, and the insurance covered it!! So that is my confession for the day!!

Yeah I have to say I had the best of both worlds!! Till now, I have lost so much weight that I don't have much left! Oh well I have a flat tummy out of the deal.

Good luck to all, Bernadette

You all crack me up! Love the "big girl panties" idea... I may try that myself! :) Fab - glad you made it through all of that safe and sound, and with a flatter tummy to-boot! Nice!

Here's to all of us healing up and kickin butt! :(

Okay you young whipper snappers.

You can buy the (my) Grannie panties at costco in packages of three. they are strechy kinda girdley things that fit to your body and do not bag~baloon~sag. I am still wearing the 2XXL's from when I was 252. they just shrink right down to your size. I can hardly wait to see them get baggy. HA!

nevertowearathong,Carolyn