Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yay I have DATE and, DRAMA = [.

OK sooooo I am uber excited but also just the tiniest bit POed. I put my date out for April 20th. (a million years away) I have to pay cash so that is when it HAS to be. Well my father must have went and managed to tell the entire family one way or another, because today I logged on to my FB to find a sassy comment on my wall.

"Dont go to Tijuana, Youll DIE down there, YOU ARE STUPID if you go, just go to the gym instead"

I had no idea that anyone even knew, OR if I even wanted to tell the family until after. Plus posted on my FB, allowed the million people I know and go to school with to also get a glimsp of the decision I have made. I didnt want anyone to know, like REALLY. Of course I immdietly deleted it, but what's done is done now. I just wanted the joy of being 50 pounds lighter, well on my way to my goal and being about to tell everone, yes i believe in Medical Tourism and I am living proof in the powers of WLS. That has been taken away from me now....and I guess I am just angry and wated to RANT.

Thanks,

Tiffany

I know this is not helpful, but I would be completely PISSED as well.

What the hell was that person thinking posting it on your WALL. Geez....send an email, or something!

My mom and dad did the same thing over the holidays...told all the extended family...his two brothers, my mom's 13 brothers and sisters. I mean, really??

Thankfully none of them posted anything on FB. I think I would have had it out with someone.

So sorry. Do you know how long the comment was up before you deleted it? Ugh...you're right. What's done is done. Everything happens for a reason. So maybe it will turn out to be a good thing.

Again, so sorry. I'll definitely be angry with you! :smile1:

I'm glad you got your date, and I would be pissed as all get out.

My mom told my evil step-sisters bc she had to make a trip to Florida due to my complications. She told them my entire history yet she hasn't revealed to them that she had a band placed 26 months ago, and that's how she's dropped 75lbs. I was livid. My step-sisters are seriously evil, and this was just ammo for them.

I know how you feel. I felt some deceived and cheated. Now, I'm the talk at family functions even though we live 750 miles and aren't able to see everyone.

Just keep your head held high. Don't let those people (family or not) spoil or ruin your excitement about your date. That is an exciting thing. I shared my surgery date with my husband, parents, closest friends. Everyone close to me was very supportive, however, I got my fair share of "Are you really going to Mexico.... are you sure about this????, have you checked that Dr. out good>>>/// Everyone is so skeptical!

Keep your eyes on the prize chickiepoo!!! It'll be here and over before you know it!! It's a wonderful thing!!!

Good luck---keep us posted. Definitely stay plugged into this site-- it will help you stay excited and motivated to get ya to April!!!

Jennifer

I agree with jpetty.

Remember the 90/10 Principle. 10% of Life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of Life is decided by how you react to it.. We have no control over the 10%. The 90% is different. You determine the 90% by your reaction.

Try not to let it upset you, you are the winner in the end. Getting upset is just hurting you more. So get over it, be proud, be confident, if your not just act like you are, and soon you will be.

We are here for you, you can rant and rave all you want with us as we understand.

Congrats on getting your date!

Wow. I would be pissed too. I have told very very few people about my surgery. My very best friend in the world, my husband, my parents and my daughter's teacher. (I wanted to make sure that she knew what was going on and she could talk to her if needed-it was simply for my daughter's sake) I would be so so so pissed if someone wrote that on my wall. I am really sorry that they did that!

Wow. I would definitely be pissed about that! Some people don't know how to mind their own business. :001_unsure: My step-father's ex-wife read about my surgery from snooping around my mom's Facebook and told my cousin (that one cousin I cannot stand!!!) about it. I guess for me it wasn't that I was trying to keep it a secret from my family members in particular, but the fact that someone who had no business talking about me in the first place...bleh. Don't let the ignorance of other people get you down! You, and your doctor, and your immediate family know what's best for you so don't let anyone else get in your way!

Thanks Guys and Gals.

Like I said what's done is done. I took it down. So no telling who knows. I guess Ill just have to wait. Of course my WHOLE family is skeptic about Medical Tourism. SO now I am just looking forward to the " You thought I was gonna come back without a kidney" when I am 150 pounds lighter at xmas dinner this year. Jokes on them. I will be happy, healthy...not to mention sexy and RIGHT = ]

Tiffany = ]

Great attitude Tiffany! You are hanling the 10% very well. If this is the worst thing that happens to you in your life, you are blessed. (It does however, piss me off too)

Live happy!

Defriend or UNfriend.... don't remember what the word is :) But there is a different kind of weight that needs to be lost alongside your 'regular weight'- lose the losers who try to derail you. :sad0:

Wow I would be Madder then a hatter.

I am also slotted for April but I am not going to MX best of luck to you then and now.

I personally told any and everyone who would or could listen to me. I think my whole state knows I am having this done.

onwards and upwards now for me to drop my last twenty pounds before April.

Tiffany

First and foremost, breath!!!! Sometimes people have no idea how much their actions can hurt us!! Second: You will NOT die if you go to Tijuana, I' living proof! I have been there twice for surgery and not only did not die, I came back having had a great experience!! I heard the same thing before I went, it makes me laugh now!!! And the go to the gym instead comment, I would like to smack who ever said that!!!

Don't let any of this slow you down or deter you from your goals!! There will always be at least one person who has some stupid comment to make about your choice of WLS. Don't let it get to you, let it make you stronger!!!!!!! You can do it!! So rant all you want, but don't lose site of what you really want!!!

Well, I am probably older than any of you on this forum. I am 59. I have my sleeve scheduled for 2/5 and I am telling most everybody. I don't want the stress of having to deal with lies or secrets. I guess you learn that as you get older. I really don't care what most people think, except my dh. I am hoping that my candor ab0ut my surgery may help someone else take that step for themselves.. I hope you can come to some kind of peace with the "announcement'. Just believe in yourself and know most comments are made in ignorance.

Congratulations Grateful Heart!!! What an inspiration you are. I will be praying for you on the 5th. what is a "dh"??

Edited by Ready2BHealthy

Tiffany,

Wow! I would POed also. Like everyone else said, "Don't let this one event change how you feel". Everyone has an opinion. You continue to do your research and if you feel comfortable...then go for it. This is you trying to be happy for become healthier. I would really talk to my parents. I think that was unfair for them to share your business with the rest of the family. Betrayl!!! Good luck to you. Word for thought.....If we did what others wanted us to do all the time....we would just be boring puppets.