Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone, first off I have to say I love this site! I have been reading the posts non-stop for about 3 weeks. It?s amazing how much I have learned from this site.

Well I am scheduled to have the VSG on January 26th with Dr. Nicholson in Dallas. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and not looking forward to that. I am VERY excited not to be fat anymore but EXTREMELY scared. I just hope that I am making the right decision and don?t regret doing this. It just worries me because I am a very picky eater and pretty much have always just eaten meat and potatoes.

I am excited to have found this site and can?t wait to keep everyone updated on my journey. I am ready to begin this new chapter of my life.

Rachel

Hey Rachel, and welcome to VST.

Congrats on getting your date, and just remember the pre-op/post-op diet are just temporary. You'll be able to eat meat and potatoes again. I promise:thumbup:.

I think everyone wonders if they're making the right decision. I can tell you that this was the best decision I ever made in my life.

Best wishes, and keep us posted on your progress.

Rachel

I'm like you, pretty much meat and potatoes or starches. But I think part of that is because I'm always hungry and those things fill us up. Once we have the sleeve and aren't starving all the time, I think we'll be satisfied with meat, and a few other things. Good Luck on your journey!

Welcome to the site Rachel! I am someone who had many doubts/questions, but found the answers & the reassurance I needed through many posts on here! My husband was a good listening board as well & through him & my own thoughts I am now sitting in my hospital room waiting my turn in the OR!

Talk your way through it all & you'll do whats best for you in the end! Luckily the pre/post op diets are a small price to pay for the long, healthy life you'll lead because of them!

Thank you ladies for the replies and advice. It feels so great to have a support team behind you.

Kai - that's very exciting your beginning your journey today. I will pray and send cyber hugs your way!!! Keep us updated.

Welcome rlocke!

Congrats on getting your surgery scheduled! 1/26...thats like the week after next. I hope to have my surgery date within the next 2 weeks. Just have some bloodwork and an edoscopy to complete. Psych eval and nutritionist are this Wednesday.

I look forward to witnessing your journey.

What is weird I haven't even seen Dr. Nicholson yet one on one and I already have my surgery date scheduled. I don't have pre-op appointment until the 21st and the surgery on the 26th. But I did attend his seminar. I think if your a cash patient then you can get in pretty quik. His office emailed me the pre-op diet and said to start tomorrow. My biggest fear is that I will do this pre-op diet and then he won't be able to do the surgery on the 26th but his office said there shouldn't be any problems. So we will see.

Hey Rachel, I started my preop diet today also.. It has been ok so far. I have a lot of small things to eat, mostly drink, but not that hungry yet. I have 3 weeks of this so I just have to accept it. I think the better you stick with the preop diet the better the surgery and recovery go. My doc told me the main purpose is to shrink the liver. They have to hold it out of the way and the smaller it is the better.

I found the following site today, making my diet easier and kinda fun.. I am sure there are others as well. Congrats on your date and "Happy Sleeving".

Parallels H-Sphere

Welcome Rachel! I was also a meat and potato girl and although I had done a million diets in my life, never had I even attempted low carb--because of that potato thing--until I had to do the pre-op diet.

Like Tiff said, remember it's only temporary. I pretty much stayed strictly to 30 carbs or less per day for 4 months (1 pre-op, 3 post-op) and then decided I wanted to get to goal eating more "normally." My weight loss slowed, but it's been working so far.

Good luck on the rest of your pre-op journey! Keep posting about your progress.

Thanks Rachel! I have been updating my journey thus far in the tell your story section under the thread "It's Time". I'll be thinking of you on your pre-op diet... sometimes that's the hardest part believe it or not!

Welcome & congrats on your surgery date!! I have been on my clear liquid preop diet since last Thursday. Just keep in mind that after the 2nd days it gets better. Did you go directly through the doctor's office to get scheduled? The reason I ask is because I went through TLC Edge and I haven't met my surgeon yet either & I'm scheduled for surgery this Thursday. I meet him tomorrow. (of course I have been obsessive about researching him) Dr. Nicholson was an option for me to us as my surgeon also.

Anyway, good luck with your preop diet & your surgery. You are doing the right thing!! You'll be healthier than ever.....hang in there girl.

Hi there! I am scheduled for surgery the day before you with Dr. Kim. We are both in the DFW area so I wanted to be sure and say hi. I met with Dr. Kim already and absolutely loved him and felt very comfortable. I agree with you about being a cash patient. I am also and the whole process has gone very quickly. I am now on day 2 of my pre-op diet and it is getting a bit harder as the day goes on. The headache is starting to set in. Hopefully it does get better after today. Regardless, it is a necessity so we have to push through it. The end result will certainly be worth it.

Hey everyone, first off I have to say I love this site! I have been reading the posts non-stop for about 3 weeks. It?s amazing how much I have learned from this site.

Well I am scheduled to have the VSG on January 26th with Dr. Nicholson in Dallas. I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and not looking forward to that. I am VERY excited not to be fat anymore but EXTREMELY scared. I just hope that I am making the right decision and don?t regret doing this. It just worries me because I am a very picky eater and pretty much have always just eaten meat and potatoes.

I am excited to have found this site and can?t wait to keep everyone updated on my journey. I am ready to begin this new chapter of my life.

Rachel

Hi Rachel and welcome to VST!

I love Dr. Nick and his staff and I love my life with my sleeve. Good luck to you on your journey and please feel free to ask questions. We are all on the same journey, just different places on the path.