Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another one for January 27th - WOOT! WOOT!

Hey everyone!!! I just got my date and I'm psyched!!! I"ve been reading all the posts for awhile now and adding a couple of my own here and there, but now I plan to be a full fledged active participating part of the VSG community.....

My 2 week liquid pre-op diet starts in 6 days and all I keep focusing on is how many good bottles of wine can I drink between now and then...My hubby and I love wine...I more then him....He's supportive of me and the surgery, but a little bummed that I will be taking a break from the wine and the winery trips we take....So, I'm loading up now....LOL

I'm ok giving up wine and large portions of food now for a healthier lifestyle long term (and I know I will incorporate smaller portions and wine back in later).

Here's to a thinner 2010 and to saving lots of $$$$ on buying cases of wine and tons of food...All the extra cash is going to my new wardrobe and shoe fund!!!!

Edited by Bambi

Whoo Hoo! Mine is on January 26th! We can join the loser's bench together. Luckily I am only required to do 2 days of liquids prior to surgery. I think for 2 weeks I would starve. Congratulations on the date!

Bambi, congratulations! It's so exciting, isn't it? I'm on day 4 of my preop diet and it's really not so bad at all. Maybe it's because I'm so excited about the future. Good Luck and can't wait to hear your journey.

Congrats from one January 27th'er to Another!

I know what you mean about the wine trips - we do that a lot as well. But nothing says I can't go with my hubby. I can always smell it with him!:) (Luckily he prefers red and I still like my whites - I won't feel left out when he opens a bottle.)

Hey ~ I'm another January 27th'er. I am traveling to Las Vegas with Mini-Me and we are having our surgeries same day; same doctor. We are going to be sleeved by Dr. Thomas Umbach. SO EXCITED!

And...it's nice to "know" others who are starting their journey the same time - 3 for the 27th; 1 for the 26th.

Also...I want to say that I very much appreciate all the feedback on this forum! I love to read about the successes, and like to have the reality view of the struggles that are there as well.

...to all of you VSG'ers...here's to ALL OF YOU!!! < wine toast > :hurray:

Hooray for Bambi! Good for you girl! Don't worry after about 5 or 6 months your allowed wine again. . . only not as much. . . apparently you get whoozy on 1 cause you sip it and it absorbs quicker. . . cool. . . can't wait to try out my rum and diet coke!

I love all the positive reinforcement from you guys.....I'll be having my surgery in NYC on a Wed. I work from home, so I'm hoping to be back at work on the following monday. I'm planning on not scheduling any travel or client visits for at least the first week and maybe the 2nd week too, if I can help it....

The one unfortunate thing I'm finding is - I'm counting the days to pre-op and trying to get in all my larger portions of candy, ice cream, Pasta and alcohol!.....

I attempted to have the lap band 2 years ago and did the exact same thing....I continued to have my last suppers for a week. Had the surgery, but they were unsuccesful in actually placing the band due to excessive scar tissue...My new surgeon claims he will have no problem with the sleeve, but you never know...

All these last meals and drinks are not what the doctor ordered, but I just can't help but feel like I need to overindulge right now.....

The one unfortunate thing I'm finding is - I'm counting the days to pre-op and trying to get in all my larger portions of candy, ice cream, Pasta and alcohol!.....

I attempted to have the lap band 2 years ago and did the exact same thing....I continued to have my last suppers for a week. Had the surgery, but they were unsuccesful in actually placing the band due to excessive scar tissue...My new surgeon claims he will have no problem with the sleeve, but you never know...

All these last meals and drinks are not what the doctor ordered, but I just can't help but feel like I need to overindulge right now.....

I know that feeling! Be careful though because I know my surgeon for one said he would NOT have done the surgery if I had gained any weight at all in the pre-op diet. Enjoy the last few days of yummies! :hurray:

Hey Gang!

Count me in for the 25th with Dr. Aceves!! I can't waittttt!!!! I wish I would have booked sooner. I know there is a man named Gary (I think) scheduled for the same day as me also. It sure is nice knowing you all are out there - Tiffy - you're an angel, congrats on your journey and thanks for all you've done for all of us - even those of us that haven't even been operated on yet!