Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 1st, for a sleeving good time

Hi all!

Well, I'm finally able to connect to the internet so I wanted to give you all an update... Made it through surgery. Was a bit more difficult than a straight sleeve, due to my scarring from the previous band. I was under for about 2h 45m. Woke up feeling pretty good. Have been covering since than... didn't start drinking anything until yesterday, wherein I threw up each time, not too. Through up a couple time right after surgery too (later than night in my room). So, they are slowing me down on drinking and such, and I'm going to have to stay for an extra day. I'll be heading home Friday morning now, rather than tomorrow.

Feeling so much better today, really, only sore at the sight of the drain, and have a headache... Thanks to all for checking in on me. If I can get back online again tomorrow, I will update you again. Best to all! :thumbup::smile::w00t:

Hi all!

Well, I'm finally able to connect to the internet so I wanted to give you all an update... Made it through surgery. Was a bit more difficult than a straight sleeve, due to my scarring from the previous band. I was under for about 2h 45m. Woke up feeling pretty good. Have been covering since than... didn't start drinking anything until yesterday, wherein I threw up each time, not too. Through up a couple time right after surgery too (later than night in my room). So, they are slowing me down on drinking and such, and I'm going to have to stay for an extra day. I'll be heading home Friday morning now, rather than tomorrow.

Feeling so much better today, really, only sore at the sight of the drain, and have a headache... Thanks to all for checking in on me. If I can get back online again tomorrow, I will update you again. Best to all! :thumbup1::smile::drool5:

Sorry to hear you are having a ruff time, Hoping everydsy gets better.

Walk, sip burp. Welcome o the sleeved side.

I'm getting sleeved by Dr. Alvarez on 2/15 - getting nervous. So happy to read recent patients have a nice experience with him, especially post op success. Particularly concerned with IV's - my veins always collapse. Hoping that the procedure is uneventful and painless.

I was sleeved by Dr. Alvarez on Monday, 5 days ago. I am down 31 pounds since my first visit in his office. Lost 22 lbs pre-op. I have no bruising what so ever. Dr. Alvarez and his staff were great.

Many people have very little pain. My first two days were pretty rough, but I have never had an operation before. But the 3rd day there was a marked improvement. Now I have discomfort but very seldom any pain. Would I do it again, you betcha. My energy level is very high and I am feeling really well.

So expect some pain, if you don't have any that is great. If you do remember it gets better every day and by the 4-5th day, you will feel so good the little pain you felt, if any, is trivial.

Feel free to PM any questions to me, or if you want a step by step scenerio of my experience in Mexico.

:thumbup1:

Glad to hear you're going great, Loser. I'm doing pretty good now, was given the ok to take Prevacid instead of Nexium, as it's a smaller pill and doc says I can swallow it whole. Dissolving the Nexium in the Water before taking it was making me puke. Glad that's over now... So tummy feels a bit better with the Prevacid. Moving on to a very itchy rash that I'm working out... Quick question, are you feeling really hungry or anything? I'm actually feeling hunger pangs like you wouldn't believe. I dreamed that I ate a slice of pizza last night and I woke up in a panic, then realize it wasn't real and fell back asleep. Wondering if this is all in my head? :001_rolleyes:

I was sleeved by Dr. Alvarez on Monday, 5 days ago. I am down 31 pounds since my first visit in his office. Lost 22 lbs pre-op. I have no bruising what so ever. Dr. Alvarez and his staff were great.

Many people have very little pain. My first two days were pretty rough, but I have never had an operation before. But the 3rd day there was a marked improvement. Now I have discomfort but very seldom any pain. Would I do it again, you betcha. My energy level is very high and I am feeling really well.

So expect some pain, if you don't have any that is great. If you do remember it gets better every day and by the 4-5th day, you will feel so good the little pain you felt, if any, is trivial.

Feel free to PM any questions to me, or if you want a step by step scenerio of my experience in Mexico.

:thumbup1:

Glad to hear you're going great, Loser. I'm doing pretty good now, was given the ok to take Prevacid instead of Nexium, as it's a smaller pill and doc says I can swallow it whole. Dissolving the Nexium in the Water before taking it was making me puke. Glad that's over now... So tummy feels a bit better with the Prevacid. Moving on to a very itchy rash that I'm working out... Quick question, are you feeling really hungry or anything? I'm actually feeling hunger pangs like you wouldn't believe. I dreamed that I ate a slice of pizza last night and I woke up in a panic, then realize it wasn't real and fell back asleep. Wondering if this is all in my head? :001_rolleyes:

Hi Youknowit,

I had a dream I ate 4 BBQ rids about day 6, woke up thinking what did I do, I can't eat that I was still on Clear liquids. Freaked me out but then got a laugh out of it.

Add some mpoore Protein in it will help with the hungry feeling, you should be far enough along to add in Protein powder mixed with Water.< /p>

Brenda

Hi Youknowit,

I had a dream I ate 4 BBQ rids about day 6, woke up thinking what did I do, I can't eat that I was still on Clear Liquids. Freaked me out but then got a laugh out of it.

Add some mpoore Protein in it will help with the hungry feeling, you should be far enough along to add in Protein Powder mixed with Water.

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

I'm glad to know I'm not too crazy, dreamin about food! LOL. I think it's some kind of fear or loss thing? :blush: Anyways, I'm not allowed anything but clear liquids for the first 10 days, as I was a higher risk, according Dr. Aceves. I had a lot of scar tissue and such on the upper stomach, close to the esophagus, so even swallowing liquids has been a bit of a trial. They didn't allow me to even drink Water until day 3 at the hospital. AH! So... I'm taking this kind of gross supplement of liquid Protein called Prostat 64 http://www.pro-stat.com/pro-stat_64.asp It smells like carmel a little bit, but is icky sweet. I'm sure that's due to the same changes many here have noted, things taste sweeter, almost gross... But it's 15 grams of Liquid Protein in 1 oz serving. So... I guess I should take some more, it is just BAD it's too sweet (and this is the "flavorless/natural" version). Anyways, thanks for the advice. As of Wednesday, I'll try moving to the full liquids and should be able to take in more Proteins, which is good. I've been sucking on sugar free Jello for the little bit of Protein there, the only one that isn't too sweet is strawberry so far. Also, made some beef broth, so I'm really trying. Just getting liquids in is killin me. :thumbup1:

Thanks for the tips, and I'll keep you posted on how my transition to full liquids goes on Wed. I have a feeling it will be much much better for me at that point. Even a little sugar free chocolate milk, which I would usually not be too fond of sounds SOOOOO good right now. Am I nuts?

And seriously, is it normal for me to feel like I'm totally starving? Or is this in my head? :001_rolleyes:

Edited by youknowit
typing like my fingers are on fire isn't good for spelling...

Youknowit, So glad to hear you are doing better. Yes, I made a post on a thread last night on how I was craving some real food. TV commercials are driving me nuts. My stomach actually feels bloated, but yet it growls a lot, so I keep giving it fluids, which of course run right through. I start with thicker fluids tomorrow, maybe that will quite it down some. I am down to 271lbs this morning, starting weight pre pre-op diet was 308. Loosing it so fast starting to have concerns. I am taking my regular meds plus an antacid from Dr. A. That is 6 pills which I cut in half and quarter the big ones. It takes me more than an hour to get them all down. I have concerns about a piece of one getting in my suture line and causing problems but was told to not worry about that, as pills will break down with moisture then don't need to be digested like say meat, lettuce, etc.

For Protein I am having one Unjury chicken Soup (which is surprisingly good) and have unflavored Unjury in my Jello. I am not getting the 70-80 grams, but that won't be a problem starting tommorow since I can drink shakes and eat cream type Soups.< /span>