Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im new!

Guest Stephanie

Guest Stephanie

Hello all! My name is Stephanie and Im 30 and live in Arizona. I have just made the decision to get sleeved. I am looking for a Dr. in Arizona. I am not against Mexico, but my father, who is helping me with the costs, insist I stay in the US. I am willing to go out of state if I cannot find a qualified Dr. here in AZ.

Im having the surgery for many reasons. I have a tumor on my pituitary gland that has caused severe hormone problems that have led to weight gain. Some weight due to hormones and some due to eating my problems away. I also have PCOS and at this time an unable to conceive. I am considered pre diabetic. This scares the heck out of me since my dad has type 1 diabetes, heart disease and is on oxygen. I dont want this to be me.

My husband and I want to have a family, and we want to be a healthy family. I have tried diet and excercise, but not with true results. Im hoping this is the tool that can allow me to save my life!

welcome to the board hunny! i sure someone from your neck of the winds will chim in soon, you will not regret the sleeve that for sure! ((hug))

xoxo,

nikki

welcome to the boards!!

And congratulations on your decision for the sleeve!! It sure did save and improve my life!!!

Your very fortunate to have someone help you with the cost..... good Luck to you!!

I believe there are several here from AZ.... so hopefully they will be along to share their info with you.

If I can help answer any questions... I'd be more than happy to!!

Good Luck on your journey!! It's fantastic!!

Hi, welcome to VST. I was sleeved in Mex. The Mex Dr.s you will hear about on this forum have done Hundreds of this surgery. Here in the U S not so much. and the Dr.s I interviewed with wanted me to do the band first. (No way)

I have seen a lot of posts on here for Dr. in San Francisco, CA, Ohio, and also Texas. I have not seen any for AZ.

I think there is a forum on how to choose a sleeve Dr.

Good luck with your research. You are on a great journey. Much sucess to you.

Hello Stephanie and welcome! I too have PCOS and my mother, grandmother (on both sides) have diabetes and it's pretty bad...these all played a part in why I decided to have surgery. I wish you luck on your search for a surgeon. I had mine done in Virginia so cannot be much help there, but you may want to look to California or Texas (both have experienced surgeons I've heard about) if you have trouble finding one in your state. Keep posting your questions, we're all here for you.

Hi Stephanie!

Welcome to the site! Although I am fairly new on here as well, I've found it to be so helpful. I don't post much, but I sure do read A LOT!!! I have PCOS as well and diabetes in the family, so my reasons for surgery were not far off of yours... also we're the same weight, so I look forward to following your journey as well!

My surgery is next Monday & I am going through every emotion possible, but I will keep you posted on how it all plays out. Wish you the best in finding a surgeon, that was the longest part of my research but I'm glad I took the time!

Hello all! My name is Stephanie and Im 30 and live in Arizona. I have just made the decision to get sleeved. I am looking for a Dr. in Arizona. I am not against Mexico, but my father, who is helping me with the costs, insist I stay in the US. I am willing to go out of state if I cannot find a qualified Dr. here in AZ.

Im having the surgery for many reasons. I have a tumor on my pituitary gland that has caused severe hormone problems that have led to weight gain. Some weight due to hormones and some due to eating my problems away. I also have PCOS and at this time an unable to conceive. I am considered pre diabetic. This scares the heck out of me since my dad has type 1 diabetes, heart disease and is on oxygen. I dont want this to be me.

My husband and I want to have a family, and we want to be a healthy family. I have tried diet and excercise, but not with true results. Im hoping this is the tool that can allow me to save my life!

Hi Stephanie,

I live in Wisconsin and am traveling to Texas. Two reasons, I am FROM Texas, and the cost of sleeve surgery there is much less. I researched many doctors in Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio and decided on Dr. James Davidson in Dallas. Weight Loss Surgery Dallas Gastric Bypass Sleeve Gastrectomy LAP-BAND? Adjustable Gastric Band Home Page Several reasons, his clinic is a 'Center of Excellence' which my Wisconsin family doctor told me to look for, and also, "D Magazine" - a monthly magazine in Dallas has a yearly issue devoted to top doctors in the Dallas area in different areas of practice. Dr. Davidson has been named a 'Top Doctor' for seventeen years in a row. He is the Medical Director of Bariatric Surgery at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas. All this tells me that he's probably a pretty good physician. I am going in April for the seminar and since I am out of state, they're letting me do my pre-op appointment at that time. I'm penciled in for surgery June 11th!! I'll fly in early so I can get my bloodwork and anything else that needs to be done taken care of. They've been easy to work with. I've talked to a guy named Trevor...he's been able to answer every question and has been so patient when I call back! Plus, the price is reasonable, it's over twice as much in WI. Good luck, I hope this helps you some!!

Hi Stephanie! Welcome to VST and congrats on your decision to go with the sleeve. Look forward to hearing more from you. :thumbup:

Welcome. There is a wealth of information here and some wonderful people providing it. You are so lucky to have your dad 's support. My dad isn't financially helping out, but he is emotionally right there iwth me. It makes a huge difference, doesn't it?

Hi Stephanie,

Welcome. I too, have PCOS.. amazing how many of us sleevers have it! I went on birth control for 6mths to get me to ovulate and be regular and was able to conceive my second child shortly after I stopped. There is hope... good luck with your journey and there are a growing number of doctors in the States that do the sleeve for about the same amount as going out of State. You will find one I'm certain and please keep us all posted with your progress!

:crying:

Welcome to the forum, you'll love us. . we are really neat! Lots of info and friendships galore! Good luck on your journey. . .i stayed in state to and have absolutely NO regrets