Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Post-Op Diet Log (START: Mushies Stage)

hi stacie, i guess i'm just following doctors orders. . . nothing more. . just want to do the right thing. . . i was feeling really stupid and spinny headed so i took my sugar, that usually the first thing a nurse would do. . . love your quote "food for thought" I went to the doctor today and have lost 20 lbs 9 days out ! :w00t: I get to start Protein soft foods now , yogurt, refried Beans, and so on. . . i can't wait to start the meat Proteins. . .started my Vitamins and minerals today and tolerated them pretty well! yeah. . . .

Yay!! 20 lbs down! Congrats! Enjoy your refried beans!! :hurray:

Sorry I hijacked your thread so much Wisconsin Gal :blush:

oday: Day 19 post op

scale Moved again! Yeah!

Breakfast:

1 Scrambled Egg w/Cheese

Snack: 1 Muscle Milk light

Lunch:

Surprise Chili

Greek Yogurt

Dinner:

1/2 cup nacho Pasta

Snack:

2 morningstar veggie patties

Water throughout the day.

Cal: 815

Carbs: 72 (way too many)

Prot: 66.6

End of Day Observation: Ate some mushed Pasta and I gad carb craving all night long! Avoid them!

Yay!! 20 lbs down! Congrats! Enjoy your refried beans!! :hurray:

Sorry I hijacked your thread so much Wisconsin Gal :blush:

Actually those Beans were pretty darn yum. . .only couldn't eat them all, made 1/2 cup as per menu and only ate 4 spoonfuls. . . then i thought i would burst. . so i just left it. . . tomorrow is another day, Breakfast consists of 8oz dannon fit & free yougurt with 1 scoop of Protein powder. . . wish me luck!

QUESTION: Is this post useful? This is sort of what I was looking for when I started researching and am hoping this is actually useful... If y'all think I have written enough, PLEASE let me know :-)

Today: Day 20 post op

Breakfast:

1 Scrambled Egg w/Cheese (6:45am)

1 Scrambled Egg w/Cheese (9:30 am)

Lunch:

1oz chicken Fajitas

1/2 - 6" Flour Tortilla

1/4c Rice

1/4c Refried Beans

Snack:

1 Cookie

1 Sun chips Garden Salsa (1 only)

Dinner:

1oz chicken Fajitas

1/2 - 6" Flour Tortilla

1/4c Rice

1/4c Refried Beans

Cal: 848

Carbs: 60 (WAY too high.. Let's see what the scale says tomorrow)

Prot: 65

End of Day Observation: Enjoyed lunch and dinner. I could have done without the tortilla and possible saved myself 24g of carbs, but hey, I enjoyed it... Next time, my fajitas will be naked!

Yesterday, Day 21,

I had 1 egg, 2 veggie patties for brunch and 1 oz beef tenderloin, 3 stuffed mushroom caps, some cheese and like a slice of summer sausage through the night. I also had a few sips of alcohol. It was my companies holiday party and I had a blast. We has some games too and I ran around like a crazy person and didn't hurt today. Still managed to stay under in Carbs, but didn't hit my Protein...

Cal: 714

Carbs: 28.5

Prot: 41.75

Today: Day 22 post op

scale Moved again! Yeah!

Breakfast:

2 Scrambled Egg w/Cheese

Snack: 40g Isopure

Snack: 1 string cheese

Lunch:

chicken salad

Snack: Crystal light Popsicle

Dinner:

1 srv Stove Top Bake

Cal: 867

Carbs: 32.5

Prot: 87.88

End of Day Observation: Felt like I ate A LOT today. Need to start working out tomorrow! Later everyone!

Great job Amy ! ! ! I am going to the post office on Friday this week. I found some shirts, and one or two sweaters that should work for you. They vary in sizes, and I'll get those Protein samples out to you as well. My truck has been acting up so I haven't been out of the house much.

I enjoy reading your post...my diet consist of the following:

Breakfast 2-3 oz of Fiber oatmeal

snack 3 oz of applesauce

lunch 4-5 thin slices turkey

Snack snack cup of no sugar added peaches (or pears)

Supper attempt to eat 2-3 bites of whatever I'm cooking...last night was a meatball...ONE meatball, small meatballs, lol.

Snack FUDGE POP!!

So seeing someone getting to eat what seems like a TON of food is something to look forward too! I have to go see a gastronologit (sp) next monday, when I eat any real food I start having extreme intestinal cramps....:sad0: My sleeve Dr. gave me some anti spasm medication but it doesn't always work...hope they can figure out something!

Day 23 Post Op:

Cal: 1300

Carbs: 94

Prot: 60

I made the mistake of eating a sub for lunch/dinner and THEN I lloked up the nutritiona lnfo.

Today: Day 24 post op

Cal: 861

Carbs: 66.5

Prot: 75.5

End of Day Observation: I actually ate very well today, but with 1 one yogurt and an apple juice, I screwed up my carbs!

30 days post op

Breakfast 1 ..... Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets Cocoa with 1 scoop choc. Protein powder (in a 12 oz mug of water)

Breakfast 2 .....2 boiled eggs sprinkled with parmesan cheese (this was a bit too much, will only have one next time.)

Snack....Crystal Light in 20 oz Water

lunch....1/2 cup homemade chili with Beans (high carb but good carbs)

Snack...Crystal Light in 20 oz Water

Supper....1/4 cup lowfat cottage cheese with 1 tsp reduced sugar strawberry preserves

12 almonds

Calories....698

Carbs.....48

fats......45

Protein....72

fiber....only 5....very poor...I'm trying to get in 25 but that's difficult without adding in whole grains.

Edited by Tracy46545
meal plan changed

hey wisconsin girl-the brand name of a wrap we have found is by mission- low carb wrap. it seems like it has 12 grams of carbs then has quite a bit of dietary Fiber which you take away and it takes the carbs down to 5 gr. yes 5 grams and they are actually really good!!! i can usually only eat half of one. i find them at Walmart, food lion and bi-lo. see if you can find them at your grocery store or you may be able to go on-line.

Lauramomof3: Are we supposed to check net carbs or just any ole carb? I have been doing ALL the carbs...

Today: Day 25 post op

Breakfast:

1 Scrambled Egg

1 Morningstar Veggie Sausage

Lunch:

1 (small) slice pizza

Snack: cheese and beef Jerky

Dinner:

1/2c rice and 1pz chicken

Cal: 1171

Carbs: 95

Prot: 71

End of Day Observation: Damn, I did not feel good today. I ate too much and ate crap. The pizza was SOOOO not worth it and is where all my calories came from! I promise to keep tracking what I eat as no matter how embarrased I get from eating crap, I need to be accountable and keep track of what I see on the scale. I am thinking that if on Monday things don't look good, I am reverting next week to a liquid diet. I feel that I am eating too much... ArGH!

Oops, forgot to mention that I bought an ice cream maker... made some strawberry ice cream with splenda and it is about 108 calories, 5g carbs, 2g Protein for 1/2 cup... I can up the protein in my next recipe... YUMMMMMY from what I sampled.

I did all carbs, and did not count net carbs.

I can't believe you can eat pizza this early out. It's crazy how different we all really are with our new tummies.

I would caution going back to liquids as it could cause a stall because your body could go back into starvation mode. . .

Are you getting in the minimum of 64oz of Water?

Are you feeling hungry? I know every program is different, but I was told 4 meals a day. No snacking. I rarely got in 4 meals, but I stuck to the no snacking rule for a long time post-op.

Tiff,

I need to figure out how best to measure what I am drinking. I don't think I am getting it all in!

As for eating pizza... yeah... I ate it, but I had heartburn from hell and I think I had a mighty sugar spike as I had to take a nap afterwards... for the tummy, it felt fine.

I am not following the "Protein first" rule, from what I can see... and I think this is why I am getting way too many carbs in...

I find myself hungry on days I eat too many carbs... I am trending that. I am going to try to do a "under 30" carb day tomorrow (consciously) instead of doing what I have been doing for the past few days and winging it... I am eating with my eyes as i find myself giving my hubby what I don't finish most evenings.

I will try conscious eating first to ensure that I PLAN what I eat instead of winging it before I go all "starvation mode"... I probably just need to get those carbs under control, I think...

Keep the suggestions/comments coming. This is why I am posting what I eat so someone can knock some sense into me if I go nuts... Pizza... that's just nuts, even though my tummy took it like a champ... lol

Lauramomof3: The tortillas I eat are "Buena Vida Low Carb Whole Wheat Tortilla". They are the soft taco size (like 6" or 8") and the stats are:

Cal:70

Fat:4

Carb:7

Fiber:3

Protein:4

I buy these at Wal-Mart.

Are the ones you are talking about the bigger sized tortillas?