Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Post-Op Diet Log (START: Mushies Stage)

All, I need a bit more accountability now that I am chewing! I am doing this because of what I have eaten today. Hope to do this daily or every other day!

Pre-Op start weight: 276.4

LOG START: 14 days post op

Phase: Mushies

Phase Start weight: 258.4

Today: Day 14 post op

Breakfast:

1/2 Scrambled Egg

1 tsp gravy

1/4 small sausage patty

Observations: sausage patty too hard to mush by chewing

Snack: 16 oz apple juice over 6 hrs

Lunch:

2 Tbsp of Ruby Tuesday's white Cheddar Potatoes

3/4 of one slice of southwest quesadilla

Snack: the rest of the potatoes and quesadilla

Snack: 3 tiny bites of hubbies McDouble

Driving drink: 16 oz hot chocolate (drank over 4 hrs)

Dinner:

1/4 cup potatoes

1 oz roast

Water throughout the day.

End of Day Observation: while my stomach did not rebel, this is not how I want to eat and am mentally disappointed despite these being small amounts. These are not healthy and physically it did not feel good- and I am not talking about my stomach either. I will cut myself a bit of slack since it was 2 days of non-stop traveling, but now that I am back home it is back on track!

Today: Day 15 post op

Breakfast:

1 Scrambled Egg w/Cheese

Snack: 1 Muscle Milk light

Lunch:

2 bonesless wings

1/2 cup Tomato basil Soup (Applebee's)

Dinner:

1 bonesless wing

1/6 of the Spinach Ricotta Bake

Cal: 556

Carbs: 42

Prot: 31

End of Day Observation: Today I felt mentally better adjusted. I need to focus better on my Proteins but feel that I am on my way!

OMG the Spinach Ricotta Bake and the Ricotta dessert seriously rock! However, watch the carbs.

Check the recipe forum for the data on this!

Today: Day 16 post op

Breakfast:

1 Scrambled Egg w/Cheese

Lunch:

4 bonesless wings(over a few hrs)

Snack: 1 chocolate whey Protein shake

Dinner:

1 Ricotta Dessert

1 scrambled egg with cheese

Cal: 798

Carbs: 28.3

Prot: 71.92

End of Day Observation: Today I realized that was drinking w/ or around my meals and was getting hungry a bit too soon. That's why I ended up having another scrambled egg later that night.

Another revelation; It is truly different to eat food that is pureed and food that you chew to death. I found that pureed food went down easier and I had less chest tightening. When I chew the food to a pureed state, it sort of makes it way down, get stuck a bit and then continues. I guess my advice is to mush the food, whenever you can.

I managed to keep my carbs low and Protein high. I am modeling my goals after the cornell recommendations:

Weeks 0-2:

Total Cal: 400-600

Total Carbs: <40

Total Protein: 70

Weeks 3 - 3 months (Soft Foods):

Total Cal: 600-800

Total Protein: 70 - 90

3 - 12 months (Regular Food):

Tota Cal: <800

After Reaching Goal (Regular Food):

Tota Cal: 1000 - 1200

Total Carbs: 40 - 60

Thanks for putting this all down. Wow, it makes be so excited to eat food! Unfortunately I am on full liquids for 21 days :) But I am counting down the hours til I can EAT something!! It is so hard, but it is great to look at a example of what someone is eating. A boneless wing!!! I can't even imagine the satisfaction of eating that vs sf pudding and Greek yogurt (my current staples).

I think you are doing great! Especially for travelling. And I know for me, it will be a bit crazy the day I can try real food to want something * special* since I have not eaten anything whatsoever since Dec. 16. I keep looking at recipes imagining what I will make!

Thanks again for sharing!!

Stacie, I would try the boneless wings off the bat. If I hadn't had a whole appetizer serving that I have to finish off, I wouldn't order it again for a few weeks. It is hard to digest and you have to chew it like 50 times to make is mushy enough not to get stuck in your esophagus...

Today: Day 17 post op

scale Moved! Yeah!

Breakfast:

1 Scrambled Egg w/Cheese

Lunch:

2 bonesless wings(over a few hrs)

2 cups egg drop Soup

Snack:

1/3 cup of chicken salad (homemade)

Dinner:

2 Buena Vida Low Carb Whole Wheat Totillas

1 serving of Ranchero Queso Fresco

(Used my new quesadilla maker and the low carb tortilla's dont crisp up so they are easy to eat.

Snack:

1 SF FF Dulce de Leche pudding Cup

Cal: 845

Carbs: 33.76

Prot: 66.18

End of Day Observation: Although I didn't actually feel like throwing up, something I ate today made me slightly nauseas for a few minutes. It was either the chicken salad I made OR the Crystal Light in my drink... not sure. Tomorrow I am doing the drink to see if it make me nauseas and the next day I will try the chicken salad.

Today I felt hungry a lot and think I overate. I think I may have mistaken thirst for hunger a few times... It is easy to stay under 800, but I was munching too much!

drooling, drooling, drooling. . . . can't wait, but none of that is going to happen for me until i'm 5-6 months out. . . .

5-6 months!! What will you be eating until then?? I am only 2 weeks out and think I may loose my mind on SF pudding, Soup, and Greek yogurt. I would love to hear your post op diet. I meet with my dietitian on Friday, and I like to have lots of information.

5-6 months!! What will you be eating until then?? I am only 2 weeks out and think I may loose my mind on SF pudding, Soup, and Greek yogurt. I would love to hear your post op diet. I meet with my dietitian on Friday, and I like to have lots of information.

I know, you'd think i'm going to starve to death huh, but at 8 days out now i'm still on Clear liquids. I have had some pretty tough times with blood sugar regulation, today it was 68. . . a bit hypoglycemic you think? Drink tea with honey and it went to 70. . . and i'm not even diabetic! tomorrow i go to the doctor and he'll give me the ok to go onto full liquids which includes sugar free puddings, fatfree cottage cheese, fatfree string cheese, fat free yogurt, fat free refried Beans, soft eggs and Protein shakes. . . this will continue until month 2 at which time i'll go to fish, chicken, ground turkey, extra lean ground beef, vegatable (very soft cooked) and fruits (soft and well chewed). . . . this will continue until month 5 when i can resume a regular diet as tolerated. . . . tomorrow to i not only see the doctor but also classes with the nutritionist and exercise class . . sign up for support group. . . should be interesting. . .

I know, you'd think i'm going to starve to death huh, but at 8 days out now i'm still on Clear Liquids. I have had some pretty tough times with blood sugar regulation, today it was 68. . . a bit hypoglycemic you think? Drink tea with honey and it went to 70. . . and i'm not even diabetic! tomorrow i go to the doctor and he'll give me the ok to go onto full liquids which includes sugar free puddings, fatfree cottage cheese, fatfree string cheese, fat free yogurt, fat free refried Beans, soft eggs and Protein shakes. . . this will continue until month 2 at which time i'll go to fish, chicken, ground turkey, extra lean ground beef, vegatable (very soft cooked) and fruits (soft and well chewed). . . . this will continue until month 5 when i can resume a regular diet as tolerated. . . . tomorrow to i not only see the doctor but also classes with the nutritionist and exercise class . . sign up for support group. . . should be interesting. . .

I see, so less than two weeks out you will get a few more items of variety, :001_tt2: What is the reason you have to wait two months for the fish, etc? I would think that is easier than string cheese? I am just curious, is all. I am not supposed to try those items until 3 weeks out, but I might ask my nutritionist if I can have a little refried Beans and cottage cheese at 2.5 weeks, it doesn't seem than different than pudding to me! Why are you taking your blood sugars, were they low after surgery? 68 and 70 are a bit low, but not too bad, right? I think under 55 is the worry/danger range. I am usually in my low 70s and they are very happy with that. I wonder if I am mildly hypoglycemic now and that is causing me to feel really crummy the last two days, no energy, kinda out of it, etc. food for thought...

Good luck at your appts tomorrow!!! :001_smile:

Wisconsin Gal (we need to meet up sometime!! Do you make it into Milwaukee much? We could do some shopping in Johnson Creek sometime =) Your intake looks good and you are getting in so much Protein without a shake? ! That is awesome!!!

Stacie, I make it to Milwaukee when I need to. I would certainly make a trip to meet a fellow sleever! Let's plan something?

Thinoneday, check out my "Aimee's Surprise Chili" recipe! I was trying for something with refried Beans and ended up with a yummy surprise!

Today: Day 17 post op

Breakfast:

1 Scrambled Egg w/Cheese

Lunch:

4 bonesless wings(over a few hrs)

2 cups egg drop Soup

Dinner:

1/2 cup Aimee's Suprise Chili

Ricotta Desser

Snack: 1 Muscle Milk Light

Cal: 600

Carbs: 20.29

Prot: 48.74

End of Day Observation: I was really not hungry today. I am drinking more Crystal light (ergo more water) and I didn't feel starved today. I am actually adding the muscle milk and the ricotta dessert right now because I don't have enough calories or protein! argh! I may add a Protein shot if I go to sleep late... but not likely!

I made my "Surprise Chili" today and it was REALLY good and filling. Thank God it turned out into something good even though it wasn't what I was originally making! LOL...:001_tt2:

I see, so less than two weeks out you will get a few more items of variety, :) What is the reason you have to wait two months for the fish, etc? I would think that is easier than string cheese? I am just curious, is all. I am not supposed to try those items until 3 weeks out, but I might ask my nutritionist if I can have a little refried Beans and cottage cheese at 2.5 weeks, it doesn't seem than different than pudding to me! Why are you taking your blood sugars, were they low after surgery? 68 and 70 are a bit low, but not too bad, right? I think under 55 is the worry/danger range. I am usually in my low 70s and they are very happy with that. I wonder if I am mildly hypoglycemic now and that is causing me to feel really crummy the last two days, no energy, kinda out of it, etc. food for thought...

Good luck at your appts tomorrow!!! :blushing:

hi stacie, i guess i'm just following doctors orders. . . nothing more. . just want to do the right thing. . . i was feeling really stupid and spinny headed so i took my sugar, that usually the first thing a nurse would do. . . love your quote "food for thought" I went to the doctor today and have lost 20 lbs 9 days out ! :w00t: I get to start Protein soft foods now , yogurt, refried Beans, and so on. . . i can't wait to start the meat Proteins. . .started my Vitamins and minerals today and tolerated them pretty well! yeah. . . .