Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled for sleeve with Dr. Aceves the week of Jan 18th - 22nd.

Wow, missed you but was there for my surgery with Dr. Aceves on the 18th. How are you doing? I am basically just being still and sipping liquids.< /span>

Bev

It gets better each day. Just keep sipping all day long. And congrats on your sleeve. I love mine!!!

It gets better each day. Just keep sipping all day long. And congrats on your sleeve. I love mine!!!

Did you have your surgery on the 19th? If so, I guess you are just doing liquids?

Did you have your surgery on the 19th? If so, I guess you are just doing liquids?

I had mine on January 19th, so I'm a little over 4 months out.

4 months out....wow, so your moving right along..what are your suggestions and imput for the next 3 phases of the post op? are you able to eat much now? How do you know when enough is enough..do you measure your food? Would love your imput...

4 months out....wow, so your moving right along..what are your suggestions and imput for the next 3 phases of the post op? are you able to eat much now? How do you know when enough is enough..do you measure your food? Would love your imput...

My suggestions woud be to follow your doctors orders to a T. There's a reason that they give them to us. I see where many people try to advance the eating stages and it can cause issues and harm to your sleeve.

I also suggest to constantly be drinking and sipping. It's really hard to get in all the fluids we should have. At first you have to take pretty tiny sips and your tummy will make weird noises, but later on it gets easier to drink. Now I can drink normal.

In the beginning I couldn't really tell when I was full, so I measured everythng I ate. I was allowed 2oz or 1/4 cup per meal, and that's basically what I ate. Sometimes after eating I would feel a weird feeling in my throat, but not the normal full feeling from past days. Now I don't need to measure much anymore as I can tell what portion size is correct. I also have the normal full feeling now in my stomach, however it took a few months before I had that feeling. I still am only able to eat about 2 to 2 1/2 onces per meal.

If you follow the rules, you will be successful with your sleeve. I pretty much eat anything I want now. I try very hard to keep my Calories between 600 - 800 per day and my carbs at 30 or lower.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how you are doing. If you have any more questions, just ask. You'll find tons of great people and advice on this board.

Barb:biggrin0: