Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled for sleeve with Dr. Aceves the week of Jan 18th - 22nd.

hi, i had my sleeve surgery with Dr. Aceves as well, 5 weeks ago, and i couldn?t agree with you more. His staff is great and Nina has been great as well. I am sure you won?t have any problems and i wish you the best of luck on your new body and life. please keep us posted.

Does anyone going to See Dr. Aceves know if there are any stores within walking distance from the hospital?

I am here in El Centro California just waiting for the pickup on Sunday. Can't believe that it is almost time. I have completed my shopping except for those Protein samples that everyone is talking about. Will do that the day I leave the hospital. It should only take a couple of days to come. Looking forward to meeting everyone see you soon...........Teri

If I am remembering correctly, there is a drugstore/pharmacia close by, and some other places.

Does anyone going to See Dr. Aceves know if there are any stores within walking distance from the hospital?

I only recall 2 drug stores - one right on the edge of the Hospital parking lot and one across the street from the hospital - I don't recall any other stores within walking distance from the hospital; however, if you ask Dr. Campose or Dr. Aceves, they can tell you for certain.

Thanks Youknowit & Vegas!

Beth, This is what I read on another thread:

1) For the first 10 days following surgery, nothing other than Clear liquids and a Protein supplement should be consumed. ABSOLUTELY no solid food!!! Clear Liquids consist of Jell-O, sugar-free Crystal light, Water, and broth. A high quality Protein supplement such as Isopure or whey protein should be used in order to obtain approximately 70 grams of protein per day."

But seems I read something different elsewhere, I'm gonna look. I remember reading something about day 1 through 5 being something, and then you could ad stuff after that.

Edited by Barbara278

Ok thanks! Thanks what I thought, I started drinking my Protein Shakes today to get used to them...I haven't had any in over a year, gosh I remember now how much I hated them when I had my lap band. I think i need to find a new brand, or maybe mix it up so I am not drinking the same one every day.

Hello all... I may just be there on the 22nd after all! Cross your fingers for me... :thumbup:

I will be there from the 20th-24th, and my surgery is on the 21st...I cant believe how fast that's coming up! And yes I am coming from Portland.