Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone scheduled for sleeve with Dr. Aceves the week of Jan 18th - 22nd.

Getting things ready, but still looking for post-op protiens that I can tolorate the taste of. So far the Isopure is tolorable but the Pro Performance liquid Protien I purchased was awful and I will be taking that back. Any one have any other sugestions for the clear liquid protiens?

I thought I had posted to this thread the other day, but I guess I didn't... here's what's going on with me...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all... bummer news for me. I won't be coming down to see Dr. A on the 22nd. My doc here in town wants me to have blood tests and follow up with him, and the soonest I could get back in with him is that week of the 22nd. So... I guess we shall see what he has to say, and then get the ball rolling.

Before I go, I did want to share with you what my local doctor said to me today... he said that even though I lost weight with the band, and have gained back since I lost my band... he doesn't think that being 210 pounds warrants another weightloss surgery. This, I thought, was odd... considering my past success. It was kind of crushing. I shut down when he told me that, because I was about to bust out crying... Anyways, that's my update, friends. I'm sorry I won't be there with all of you, but hope that I will be going down for surgery soon! :blink:

I'm so sorry to hear that. Why would he think that 210 doesn't warrant another weight loss surgery? If you did so well with the band, I'm sure you'd do wonderful with the sleeve. I would consider seeing another doctor if at all possible. Best wishes to you. Don't give up.

Getting things ready, but still looking for post-op protiens that I can tolorate the taste of. So far the Isopure is tolorable but the Pro Performance Liquid Protien I purchased was awful and I will be taking that back. Any one have any other sugestions for the clear liquid protiens?

I did buy some Isopure, but still need some other ideas as well. I also bought Pro Performance whey Protein unflavored powder. I bought unjury (unflavored, strawberry sorbet, vanilla, chocolate, & chicken Soup flavors). I also got some Chike (orange creme, banana magic, chocolate bliss, & very vanilla). I haven't tried out any of then yet.

Now I'm wondering if I should keep the Pro Performance power. Is it really bad? :blink::scared0:

I haven't tried the Pro Preformance unflavored but did try Pro Performance Amplified wheybolic extreme 60. Mixed it with Water as directed took 1 drink and dumped the rest out. This is one that was recommended by the Girl at GNC that had VSG 2yrs ago, said it was the only thing she could tolerate. Guess we all have our own like. I have the chike sample, tried the orange cream, it was ok alittle sweet.

I haven't gotten my order form Unjury yet, let me know how that works out for you.

Brenda

I'm so sorry to hear that. Why would he think that 210 doesn't warrant another weight loss surgery? If you did so well with the band, I'm sure you'd do wonderful with the sleeve. I would consider seeing another doctor if at all possible. Best wishes to you. Don't give up.

He is actually a good guy... and I know he works with another sleeve person here on VST. I was JUST now able to switch to him, I am in an HMO and had to get special permission and jump through extra hoops to get to this guy... So I'm going to stick with him. My plan is to do the tests, go see him, and tell him what I am doing at our next appointment. He can choose to fire ME if he wants, but I'm going to stick it out with him if possible. The reason I had to switch from the HMO doc I had was... everytime I was assigned a new doc, after about 6 months, they would quit. As of late, after I got really sick last spring and (sadly) the good doctor I had quit (again) and I was assigned to this truly evil nurse practitioner who actually yelled at me when I came in to see her, telling me I shouldn't expect to get anyone to see me, because I went to Mexico for surgery... I was so sick, I was stuck with her... so once that long ordeal was over, I started looking for a new (real) doctor, and found this guy... I really just wanted to be sure to start off on the right foot with him, which is really the only reason I saw him BEFORE getting the sleeve. I'm hoping I will get to see Dr. A by the end of this month... Though I'm sad that I won't be there with all of you... Here's to a fantastic journey for you! :thumbup::biggrin0::blink:

Best of luck to the "3 bandits" . Let us know how you are doing.

Hi ladies! Your time is getting so close! I haven't posted in a while, but I am in San Diego now - getting picked up tomorrow morning to head to Mexicali! I hope you all do well on the pre-op diet & I will post again tomorrow night to update you, once I'm in my room after all the testing is done.

Not gonna lie... the jitters got to me slighty & I was tempted to "vacation" in San Diego & catch a plane home all in tact! lol All is well now though (many thanks to all the reassuring posts on this site) & I am back on track & more focused than ever! Yay sleeve! :blink:

Good luck with your new Dr youknowit. Had to go see my PA to have some meds changed to something that could be crushed and was suprised when he was ok eith the going to mexico or should I say causously optomistic, He did ask that I bring him a surgical report in case I had any problems after I get home. I was so glad he was on board with this.

Brenda

I thought I had posted to this thread the other day, but I guess I didn't... here's what's going on with me...

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all... bummer news for me. I won't be coming down to see Dr. A on the 22nd. My doc here in town wants me to have blood tests and follow up with him, and the soonest I could get back in with him is that week of the 22nd. So... I guess we shall see what he has to say, and then get the ball rolling.

Before I go, I did want to share with you what my local doctor said to me today... he said that even though I lost weight with the band, and have gained back since I lost my band... he doesn't think that being 210 pounds warrants another weightloss surgery. This, I thought, was odd... considering my past success. It was kind of crushing. I shut down when he told me that, because I was about to bust out crying... Anyways, that's my update, friends. I'm sorry I won't be there with all of you, but hope that I will be going down for surgery soon! :blink:

That was just ONE person's opinion. I'll bet Dr Aceves and many other surgeons would have a different opinion. If you need to hear another opinion before making your decision, I'm sure you can get one!

He is actually a good guy... and I know he works with another sleeve person here on VST. I was JUST now able to switch to him, I am in an HMO and had to get special permission and jump through extra hoops to get to this guy... So I'm going to stick with him. My plan is to do the tests, go see him, and tell him what I am doing at our next appointment. He can choose to fire ME if he wants, but I'm going to stick it out with him if possible. The reason I had to switch from the HMO doc I had was... everytime I was assigned a new doc, after about 6 months, they would quit. As of late, after I got really sick last spring and (sadly) the good doctor I had quit (again) and I was assigned to this truly evil nurse practitioner who actually yelled at me when I came in to see her, telling me I shouldn't expect to get anyone to see me, because I went to Mexico for surgery... I was so sick, I was stuck with her... so once that long ordeal was over, I started looking for a new (real) doctor, and found this guy... I really just wanted to be sure to start off on the right foot with him, which is really the only reason I saw him BEFORE getting the sleeve. I'm hoping I will get to see Dr. A by the end of this month... Though I'm sad that I won't be there with all of you... Here's to a fantastic journey for you! :biggrin0::biggrin0::blink:

Hopefully everything will turn out great for you. Thanks for your well wishes.

Best of luck to the "3 bandits" . Let us know how you are doing.

Thanks Cajun. I'll be posting from my laptop along the way. :blink:

Hi ladies! Your time is getting so close! I haven't posted in a while, but I am in San Diego now - getting picked up tomorrow morning to head to Mexicali! I hope you all do well on the pre-op diet & I will post again tomorrow night to update you, once I'm in my room after all the testing is done.

Not gonna lie... the jitters got to me slighty & I was tempted to "vacation" in San Diego & catch a plane home all in tact! lol All is well now though (many thanks to all the reassuring posts on this site) & I am back on track & more focused than ever! Yay sleeve! :biggrin0:

Kai, Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and praying everything goes great! Can't wait to hear from you. :blink:

Thanks so much, appreciated.

I will keep updating on my "It's Time" thread, so I'm not repeating!

Hello All! My date is swiftly approaching (Jan 23rd) but I've got a question. I've read a few others posting about abstaining from coffee post-surgery for 60 to 90 days, but there's nothing in my paperwork about not drinking coffee...can someone shed some light? Also, is anyone else scheduled at Jerusalem the 22nd/23rd?