Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie - Thinking of band to sleeve revision w/ Dr. Aceves

I know your lovin' it. I will be so happy to have a year invested. lol..gee, I currrently have 7 days in. I am following liquids to the letter. I was reading some post last night that kinda freeked me out. Had to calm myself down about people discussing leaks. ha! I feel great though. When you were in the 2nd stage do you remember what you had? I will be there on Friday..I am excited! What about when you started eating foods? 4th stage..do you remember what you started out eating and the amounts? just your overall schedule.?

I followed Dr. Aceves post op diet to the letter. Since he did your revision, I sincerely doubt you need to worry about a leak. He has never had one, so I can't see any reason why you would be his first.

On my 10 days of full liquid, I had egg drop Soup from the Chinese restaurant. I had a lot of different Protein shakes and Tomato Soup with cottage cheese blended in a blender so that it was smooth and creamy. I also had yogurt.

On my 10 days of soft foods, I ate a lot of chicken salad, tuna salad and egg salad. I choose whatever foods were on the list I was given.

When I moved to solids, I decided I didn't like the feeling so I stayed on mushies longer and tried a couple bites of solids per day. It was not easy in the beginning. I got full from 2-4 bites of food. One time I ate some fish and thought I was going to explode.

I needed to learn to stop eating before I felt full. I was much more full 20 min after I was done eating than I was at the table. I bought those little cans of already made chicken salad. I looked at my portion on my plate and imagined if it would fit in that can. If it was more than that, I knew I would be sorry later.

I am much better now at knowing when to stop. I can eat anything I want and I just know by looking at it when to stop. It's hard to get a full signal

Feel free to ask anything you need to. We are all happy to help!

I appreciate the details you have given me on the next phases..thank you sooooo much...as I have been reading for several days here, your imput is wonderful to help those of us just getting the hang. After all the nightmares with the band for 2 yrs, you can only imagine my fear of something wrong. I knew with my surgery I was in God's hands..for Dr. Aceves explained to me after the surgery..it was God's hands leading the way..I knew I was blessed for the Dr. I choose. Thanxs for pointing out the small things about how to view the foods not to over eat..love those visuals..again..thank you!

You're welcome! In the beginning, eating is definitely a learning experience.Just go at it slowly and don't try too much too soon. You will get used to what you can eat and how much, if you only stick with a few foods at first before introducing something new.