Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Addicted to the redstuff...

Okay, so a month from now when I get to eat real food, I KNOW my first look will be too spaghetti sauce, chili, sloppy joes, etc. My old fav was spaghetti meat sauce with cottage cheese --weird? ate it when I was cooking Lasagna, lol.

Anyway, just seeing if anyone has experience with these items, maybe the sugar is too high...

Spaghetti sauce was one of the first things I tried with ground beef. It was fabulous, I did get a bit of what I call "breakthrough" heartburn a couple of times when I first tried it, but nothing a Pepcid complete didn't resolve. Now, I have zero issues with Pasta sauce, pizza sauce, or the red stuff.

We just had venison chili loaded with Tomato paste, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes last week. I ate it like a champ, and had zero issues. I also eat ketchup, and salsa with zero issue.

I eat lasagna with super meaty sauce, and lots of ricotta cheese. I'm not a sloppy joes fan, but I doubt I would have any issue with them.

I order a footlong meatball marinara from Subway. My son eats half, and I eat the 4 meatballs with the marinara sauce, with cheeese, those mild banana peppers and ranch dressing without any problems as well.

I am a major "red stuff" lover as well. I eat lots of it without any problems at all, thank goodness!

Tiffy,

That sounds so good! Can't wait to go to Subway, my husband loves those meatball subs and I may be able to get half of his sandwich since he is trying to watch his weight. He's also a big pizza fan but know I can't take the dough, just toppings. Any suggestions on how to prep a pizza?

Tiffy,

That sounds so good! Can't wait to go to Subway, my husband loves those meatball subs and I may be able to get half of his sandwich since he is trying to watch his weight. He's also a big pizza fan but know I can't take the dough, just toppings. Any suggestions on how to prep a pizza?

I can eat 1 slice of most medium thin/crispy crusted pizza. I'm not a big fan of pizza anymore though. We ordered pizza one time since I've had surgery, and it tasted like cardboard to me.

Now, the Red Barn brickoven thin crust pizza rocks, and I enjoy one slice. The crust at the top is about 3 inches wide. If I wait about an hour, I can eat another small slice if I really want one.

Hi boredoncemore-

After the three-four week post surgery liquid diet, I was advised to try cottage cheese, Nonfat sugar free Yoghurt, and pureed chicken Soup first for about two weeks. This was the semi-solid food phase.

After that (around weeks 4-6) I was advised to try Proteins in the following order;

fish

chicken, turkey

red meat

This is because red meat may be the most difficult to digest. I found it hard to transition from the semi-solid phase to the solid phase. At first I couldn't eat very much of the solid food before my stomach felt very full.

Now I'm eating meatballs with marinara, New York steak, gound beef casserole, pot roast, etc. Of course, I can't eat very much, but I can eat the same food I serve my family. When they have spaghetti with meatballs, I just have two small meatballs with sauce.

Take it easy transitioning to new foods.

Best wishes,

I'm on the pureed food stage...yesterday I pureed (even more) some refried Beans with Water and some taco sauce. Ate about 1/3 cup? no more than 1/2 for sure...that was at 11:15 (lunch) I couldn't eat anything else the rest of the day...took till this morning to digest!! My oatmeal and mashed potatos didn't take near that long! Do you think it was because beans are Protein?