Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Relationships???

I have been in a wonderful relationship for the last 4 years. My weight doesn't bother him at all, I am the one with the problem! We are both a little concerned with how my attitude might change, or if the transition from bigger to smaller might damage our relationship. Has anyone experienced any problems? Maybe positive or negative changes?

My marriage is stronger post-op. I have always been super confident regardless of my pant size, but now it's a better mindset and confidence.

Plus, I am more active. I no longer avoid outdoor stuff, or long walks, trips to the mall, or other outings because my body no longer aches.

Our sex life has improved dramatically. Not just the physical aspect, but the intimacy is better because I am not as self-conscious. I still have my flaws, but my new rocking body makes me feel better about myself.

I, personally, have not changed at all with my attitude towards my husband. I've always been a bit "stuck up" in social settings. It's a defense mechanism, and I have gotten better over the last year. But, I still walk tall and proud. I don't let anyone walk all over me, I don't steer clear of the social gatherings because I hate being the fattest wife in the group.

The only negative thus far has been my husband is a bit more possessive now. I guess he didn't think I got hit on when I was fat. He is more affectionate in public. If he notices another man checking me out, he'll wrap his arm around my waist, and kiss my forehead. I tell him to "marking his territory and hiking his leg on my thigh". We're working through it, he doesn't like that I get more attention now, but he deals with it, and he's even more proud that he has me as his wife.

Sounds great! Those are many of the things I am looking forward to! I used to be very athletic and I love the outdoors. I haven't been as social as I feel I can be, my weight holds me back alot and I am hoping for the confidence to overcome all of my fears and be the person that I have always hidden behind closed doors! And knowone can go wrong with a better sex life...Yaaaaa, I can't wait!!!:blink:

My guy loves fuller figured women. I confided to him today that I was concerned he wouldn't find me as attractive by spring. He sounded sincere when he assured me I'd still be sexy if/when I was thinner but I sensed it took a real effort for him to say so.. lol. We'll see. Quite frankly..this is for me. I love him with all my heart, but if he can't deal with me getting healthy..then he isn't the man I know him to be now.

I have been in a wonderful relationship for the last 4 years. My weight doesn't bother him at all, I am the one with the problem! We are both a little concerned with how my attitude might change, or if the transition from bigger to smaller might damage our relationship. Has anyone experienced any problems? Maybe positive or negative changes?

If you have a strong relationship, size shouldn't matter, small or large.

You will have more confidence in yourself, have more self asteam. I think it will improve your relationship. BUt I'm not always right.

I met my hubby in a BBW chat room, I then lost 100 lbs over the next 3 years...then I put on another 200 lbs after the band was removed, he has loved me thru it all, and when I got skinny with NO boobs, he never complained. My hubby has been awesome, and totally supports all I do...he only wants me to be happy...:biggrin0:

Sounds like you will be okay, fortunately, you have a good guy there. A friend of a friend had WLS about 10 months ago and has dropped 150 lbs. Apparently, she has never had male attention before, at least not like now, and she has started fooling around and her husband is very unhappy about that. He loved her either way and still loves her, even if she is unfaithful. I don't know that much about her situation, but my friend says that she has gotten pretty big headed about her new looks and thinks every man is looking at her and wanting to sleep with her. Yes, she looks good, and I am happy she is at her normal weight. But, with 3 kids, it's kinda of hard on the family, they are not sure if it will end in divorce.

But, after losing 150 lbs, she is a whole new person. I hope the best for them, and that it she will settle down.