Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec 14, the start of victory or just another battle?

alrighty then.......

I was sleeved about 12 hours ago. The pre-op barium swallow showed my band to be twisted and slipped. (I always knew it was a seriously "twisted" piece of equipment anyway!). Dr. Aceves and his team were able to salvage everything, there was no erosion.

I'm pretty loopy...skin is itchy (they're giving me something for that) and mouth is dry...so I'm sipping and spitting. Sore...but no real pain. I made pee pee...so they're all out there doing the "tracy peed" dance.

talk to you when I'm more clear.

Tracy

Congrats, Tracy! Glad you're doing well and that they could revise you to the sleeve without complications. That's great news! Yes, keep us posted on your progress.:lol0:

Hooray for you Tracy! Keep up the good work! We are all cheering for you and for the great team with Dr Aceves. Together y'all will meet the challenge of the "twisted band" and conquer it.

I love your sense of humor...it will get you through tough times in life. :w00t::laugh0::party4::party4::lol0::lol0:

Thank God that your surgery went well. You have a great attitude Tracy and I think your recovery will fare well. Thank you for keeping us informed. We're here for you, so please check in when you can. God bless and protect.

yahooooooo Tracy! So glad everything went good. Keep us posted.

anyone got a spare charger for a LG phone that they can slip across the border??? wouldn't you know I left mine in Long Beach. grrrrrr.... oh well..forcing my family to stick to topic in an email can't be bad.....can it?

The A-team was just here and checked my drain after drinking the blue stuff, he said it's coming out where it should and I can go take a shower...you think he's telling me I stink?

Question...why can't I spell anymore??? I seriously just had to correct three things in that five word sentence. Maybe I should slow down.

This herbal tea is pretty good..although with an entire splenda in it, it's rather sweet. I wonder when I can have some of my English Breakfast tea? mmmmmmm

That's about it folks..I'm gonna get de=mummified (leg wraps off) get in the shower and become something that humans want to be around. Back later!

P.S. no pain, no nausea, lots of pee pee, no anything else..not worried about it!

Tracy

Rough spot yesterday morning as I was getting ready to leave, b/p dropped and I got pretty dizzy. I was mortifyingly morose and weepy....sheesh...pitiful. A shot in the hiney fixed me right up and off I went in Ernesto's capable hands. He got me all checked into the hotel in San Diego where I proceeded to ignore all Dr. orders and basically slept the entire day and night away. However, I feel good this morning. Stronger, focused and clear minded. Have already taken in 20 oz Gatorade (only got in about 4 oz Water yesterday), have had my shower, redressed my battle scars and getting ready for my flight home. I even curled my hair. So there! Now if someone hits on me at the airport and I belch in his face it won't be quite so appalling. I'm packing up the little black box (laptop) so this will be it until I get to Chicago tonight. Just know that I'm on the mend, and coping.

Tracy ......and ...I'll have to change my signature line when I have more mental acuity.

Tracy,

Glad to hear you are better. Be sure to sip burp sip burp sip burp and walk walk walk to keep from getting blood clots! Keep in touch!

I'm home. Exhausted, car unpacked, dogs greeted, laundry started, flannel nightie on....just totally wiped out. I think adding in some Protein tomorrow will be a very good thing. No problems drinking or with incisions. Haven't fainted on anyone... so this is a plus. More tomorrow when I'm coherent.

thanks for all the support. '

I'm home....& thankful for it!

Tracy

I'm home. Exhausted, car unpacked, dogs greeted, laundry started, flannel nightie on....just totally wiped out. I think adding in some Protein tomorrow will be a very good thing. No problems drinking or with incisions. Haven't fainted on anyone... so this is a plus. More tomorrow when I'm coherent.

thanks for all the support. '

I'm home....& thankful for it!

Tracy

Welcome home...glad you made it back to your own bed? I remember how good that felt! Keep in touch!

Hi Tracy

Just found your posts here in this part of the forum - I was wondering why I hadn't seen anything from you since the day of our surgery. Glad all went smoothly and that you're home safely. Am feeling a bit guilty that my hospital is only 20 minutes from home after reading about your trek. Just wanted to share with you, someone had posted a recipe for easy Soup - boiling a few small potatoes in some chicken broth for about 10 minutes, then adding some lowfat cream cheese and pureeing in the blender. It really hit the spot today, just when I needed something a little salty and different from the last few days. Give it a try if you're allowed to eat those things.

Take care and feel good!

Sarita