Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

He's a winner! warning: Shameless bragging!

Brag on Tracy!!!

Good for you and Archie!!! Yeaaaaaaaaaa!!!!:biggrin0:

How long have you been doing this?? It sounds like so much fun, but I also know ALOT of work goes into it!!

Congratulations!!

And you can brag alll you want!! You deserve to!!!

thanks Chancie,

I've been showing dogs since 1983. (I'd be a very rich woman by now if I'd invested all the money that I've ended up spending on raising, and exhibiting my dogs!)

I'm at a hotel in Chicago right now, heading out to California tomorrow to see the dog shows for a few days and then Sunday I'm heading down to Mexico for my pre-op testing. Surgery on Monday!

tracy

Totally not "sleeve" related....well it is sort of...

Some of you know I raise show dogs...Bichon Frises. Two of my dogs are competing over the next ten days in California, (actually four of them the weekend of the 12/13th) ...and my puppy boy won today:thumbup:! The girl went Reserve:thumbup1:...(top loser...lol).

It's sleeve-related because I'm hoping this will be the last set of shows that I have to pay a professional handler to present my show dogs. I have been unable to do the getting up and down in the show ring to pose the dogs since I gained weight. Additionally, I have bad knees (two dislocations last winter) and that is exacerbated by the weight.

I want to get back out in the show ring!

congratulations on the WIN! Good for puppy! The little girl will get it one day. . . bless her little bichon frises heart! You'll get there and be right up there with the other handlers soon! Just wait, be patient and it will happen!:crying:

He won again today!!!! 6 days out of 7....and will be my "fastest" champion ever. His co-owners are so excited, (as am I). I got to see my puppies from Texas, New York, and three places in California today all in one location at the show. It's so much fun to catch up with old friends. I can't wait to see them all again in May...hopefully many pounds thinner by that time.

Only three more nights before Surgery. Pre op diet is VERY difficult when travelling. I'm trying to make decent choices but I know I'm not being as strict as I should be at this stage. However, this is the sequence of events that set the plan in motion..so I can't complain.

thanks for all the well wishes...I hope to post photos early to mid-next week while I'm laying around the hospital recovering.

Tracy

If and when we get another dog, I've told my husband it will be a Bichon Frise. I don't particularly like poodles and want a dog that doesn't shed. He wants another lab. I LOVED our lab, but oh, the hair! LOL We can love a non-shedder too. I haven't done any research, but what other dogs don't shed?

ok...how do I add a picture into this post? can't I do that?

Edited by Tracy46545
adding a picture?

picture.php?albumid=205&pictureid=1009&thumb=1 

I've been promising to post a picture of my handsome new show dog. This is the one that was born here at my house, he finished his AKC championship in 6 shows and is now in China working on getting an international championship there.

He's beautiful! (or is it handsome)

picture.php?albumid=205&pictureid=1009&thumb=1

I've been promising to post a picture of my handsome new show dog. This is the one that was born here at my house, he finished his AKC championship in 6 shows and is now in China working on getting an international championship there.

WOW tracy, He is stunning! I would love to go to a dog show. I like to watch them on TV. When you show in May will you be showing him yourself? Will it be in Calif.again?

Would you post when and where, I think some SS~ers might want to come see a dog show, we are all doing or trying to do different things now.

How are you doing weight/size wise? You probably posted that somewhere else but I did not get that link.

Carolyn,

I doubt you saw anything about my weight loss/ sizes etc...I don't share that much. I'm content with my loss considering that I have not been able to exercise due to my knee injury.

As for dog shows, the dog pictured will be shown in California later this summer but I don't know exactly where yet. The big show in May is in Indianapolis, Indiana. I will not be showing him, his handler from China will be showing him.

Dog shows are confusing at first, but fun once you know what's going on.

Tracy-

He is BEAUTIFUL!!! Brag on g/f!! You have every right to!! I love my fur babies.......they are such an important part of my life.

He is absoulutly georgeous!!!

Tracy, keep me posted as to the show in Cali. If it is anywhere near LA or Orange County, I would really like to attend. Just to try something different.

I bought a show dog once. A Min. Schnauser. I L O V E D that dog. Even though at 2 years old I had to house train him. I would love to own a giant Schnauser one of these days. (when i get a farm, haha) I really like the Bichon's. My good girl friend had two of them and they were just the best darn dogs. They both lived to 16 and 17 years old! Good luck with yours, and with the weight loss. I have bad knees and can only ride a bike for exercize. I am trying to put off surgery for 3 more years. Don't think I am gonna make it, even with 60 pounds gone my left knee is just miserable. HA, at least I am happy miserable. HA again. Good luck sleeve sister.

Amazing Tracy! Congratulations on your win! I'm sure that you will be doing the showing next time round! I'll be looking out for your pics.

This dog is going to cause my head to burst!

I got a call Saturday morning that Archie was Best in Show at his very first competition in China! This is just incredible! I'm so excited for his co-owners and handler...we're all so proud of this dog!