Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ricotta Bake

Not sure who posted this recipe; however, I have been requested to post it again - so here you go (and thanks to the original poster!)

RICOTTA BAKE:

1 ? 15 oz. Container of low fat Ricotta

1 frozen pkg. of spinach thawed/drained (squeezed) well - you can also use any veggies (e.g., zucchini and/or eggplant and saut? till soft)

1 C Parmesan cheese (split in 1/2) (Use the fresh grated from the grocery store, the stuff in the can is too dry)

1 egg

Mix all together - except for 1/2 C of parmesan -- put in a baking dish ? (I used a 1 quart size) add another ? C of cheese on top and bake @ 350 till golden & bubbly - about 30mins

Add marinara or pesto sauce on top once done.

Reheats quite nicely!

DESSERT:

1 15oz container of low fat Ricotta

1 small tub of Fat Free Cool Whip

? package of SF Jell-O (instant) cheesecake pudding mix

? package of SF Jell-O (instant) chocolate pudding mix

Combine all ? let set overnight ? ENJOY.

oh goodie! I was just going to go on a search for the much mentioned ricotta bake. Thanks Angel. The dessert looks good too. Of course everything in the world looks and sounds good to me right now. The idea of chewing something is just so extraordinary. Meanwhile, I really miss being able to drink Water in gulps. That may sound strange but I just love water and I cant seem to get enough this way and am feeling thirsty even though I am sure I am getting a total of at least 50-60 ounces of liquid a day. I think I am taking small sips but I get the same pain you described right between the sha shans and then feel like I have to burp. any ideas? THank you!

Joon:re:water. get some crystal lite mix. When you drink the flavored water it satisfies thirst better. ? I do not know why. I used to love to just drink a whole bottle of Water too and now I can't I miss it. But, I did find the additive helps with the thirst. There is a Kellogs Protein water additive, a strawberry lemonade flavor one that I like.

You will be able to take a drink, not just sip eventually. go slow and enjoy the journey.:001_tongue:

I miss gulping or drinking an entire bottle of Water too -- I still can't do that -- I can take larger sips than when first out of surgery; however, I think the gulping days are over. As for the pain, take smaller sips -- that is how I could tell when I was ready for larger sips - there was no pain - if there was pain, I reverted to smaller swallows and tried again a week later. The additives, too, are a good idea. Lipton makes a bunch of flavors that contain Splenda instead of aspartame and they do seem to satisfy the thirst more - not sure why either.

Carolyn and Vegas,

Thanks for the advice, I will have to try that. I usually dont like flavored drinks as both of you mentioned you didnt really eaither but if it is going to satisfy the thirst better, I'll try. I did buy some Propel when I got home from the hospital and I didnt really like that very much. I will revert to really small sips and maybe try the lemonade which sounds pretty good. Have to go shopping tomorrow. Its crazy cause I already feel like I am barely taking anything in my sips but I guess they are still too big.

P.S. Havent forgotten to post that carmelized Thai pork recipe for you! working a short day tomorrow so I will be able to do it then.

Thanks for posting this again.... I copied it to my files- but can't get to my files since my computer died!! :tongue_smilie:

Joon-

The "sipping" does get better- I can take big drinks now- can't guzzle- don't think I'll ever guzzle again- but drink muccccch better now.

I ALWAYS have a bottle of Water in my hand- I like the crystle light raspberry green tea- my fav at the moment. I keep packs in my purse at all times, and when I travel always have two bottles of Water with me. Sometimes room temp is ok and other times it's gotta be real cold. Don't know why this changes- but am ok with it!

Sounds like things are going good for you! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for posting this again.... I copied it to my files- but can't get to my files since my computer died!! :tongue_smilie:

Joon-

The "sipping" does get better- I can take big drinks now- can't guzzle- don't think I'll ever guzzle again- but drink muccccch better now.

I ALWAYS have a bottle of Water in my hand- I like the crystle light raspberry green tea- my fav at the moment. I keep packs in my purse at all times, and when I travel always have two bottles of Water with me. Sometimes room temp is ok and other times it's gotta be real cold. Don't know why this changes- but am ok with it!

Thanks Chancie! I think I am deciding not to weigh at all right now. I dont know when I will but I am just too nervous about getting hung up on the scale and any negatives that may cause. I know I have lost, people are noticing and I am too so I will just stay happy with that. Who knows I may make it all the way to the three month check up with Dr. Aceves without weighing! But...probably not. :001_smile:

Here are the Nutritional Stats I came up with:

Spinach Ricotta Bake:

Cal: 1055

Fat: 31.5

Carbs: 191

Fiber: 1

Protein: 35.5

This makes 6 hearty 1/2 cup servings

Ricotta Dessert:

Cal: 822.5

Fat: 45.4

Carbs: 35.5

Fiber: 2.5

Protein: 58.3

This makes ~8 to 9 good 1/2 cup servings

If someone has better stats let me know!

I know it's been awhile but thanks for posting this! I made this last night. Correction...my fiance made it. :lol0: But it was soooooo yummy! And nice to have a recipe for once rather than eating a single food as I've been doing. And the fiance loved it too! Luckily I got one of those guys who doesn't complain about meatless meals. :blushing:

Recipe sounds great!! Will try it when I get to that stage. Dumb question - I HOPE! Please tell me the stats are for the entire dish, not per serving...?! I don't see how it could be per serving but... just in case!

Carol

I made this and posted it a while back. It is from Eggface's website. It is so delish. When I make it, I stuff Pasta shells with the ricotta bake for my beau, and I have the bake as is in a ramekan. So yummmy in my tummy.

Thanks for posting this again.... I copied it to my files- but can't get to my files since my computer died!! :biggrin2:

Joon-

When I was on my pre op diet, I liked it room temperature. In the mornings and evenings, it has to be really cold. During the middle of the day it seems that room temperature goes down easier? Anyone else have an experience like this? When I get cold water though I want to down it. It is just so thirst quenching. I have to remind myself to sip, sip, sip.