Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monday Morning Weigh In

That's very sweet of you to say Midwestgirl. I'm a work in progress for sure.

I finally feel comfortable posting here!! Down 38 pounds; surgery six weeks ago today. I lost 6 pounds pre-op. The list of NSV's in my life already is huge!! But that's another thread. I can't wait to be below 200 again - it's been so long - and I'm hoping to make my tax day a little better -that's my goal date for 200. Or should I say 199!!

My loss has been a little odd lately; I only had one stall to speak of and that was at three weeks out and lasted for a week. Sucked. Then, things started moving along pretty well averaging about a minimum of 1/2 pound per day - 4.5 pounds per week. Perfectly satisfied with that and I could DEFINITELY tell when I went even one gram over 30g's of carbo's - no weight loss that day or a few ounces, maybe.

Yes, I weigh every day. Just the way I am and it works for me. Some days - and I can usually feel it that morning when I wake up - I'll have dropped 2 pounds overnight. It makes no sense to me but I love it. Has been happening about once a week for the last three weeks and seems to be when my calories are between 800 and 900 but still with very low carbs. I cringe when my calories end up that high and am figuring out why (cheddar, very fatty, Bubba Burgers - even just the patty, lo carb and yummy but forget it) but my weight seems to keep dropping.

Exercise... well, um yeah... need to work on that!

I've never been constipated ever before in my life but am experiencing some of that. Gonna have to figure out a good way to get lo-carb Fiber in. Any suggestions?

I also want to thank everyone that replies to my posts. My internet connection here stinks so I can't always reply in the moment, so to speak. But know that I am sending good vibes and thanks your way. I also wish I could be more of a cheerleader for those of you hitting rough spots. Do know that my heart is with you and I am happy to share experiences via PM or e-mail. Just holler.

xoxoxo

Carol

I finally feel comfortable posting here!! Down 38 pounds; surgery six weeks ago today. I lost 6 pounds pre-op. The list of NSV's in my life already is huge!! But that's another thread. I can't wait to be below 200 again - it's been so long - and I'm hoping to make my tax day a little better -that's my goal date for 200. Or should I say 199!!

My loss has been a little odd lately; I only had one stall to speak of and that was at three weeks out and lasted for a week. Sucked. Then, things started moving along pretty well averaging about a minimum of 1/2 pound per day - 4.5 pounds per week. Perfectly satisfied with that and I could DEFINITELY tell when I went even one gram over 30g's of carbo's - no weight loss that day or a few ounces, maybe.

Yes, I weigh every day. Just the way I am and it works for me. Some days - and I can usually feel it that morning when I wake up - I'll have dropped 2 pounds overnight. It makes no sense to me but I love it. Has been happening about once a week for the last three weeks and seems to be when my calories are between 800 and 900 but still with very low carbs. I cringe when my calories end up that high and am figuring out why (cheddar, very fatty, Bubba Burgers - even just the patty, lo carb and yummy but forget it) but my weight seems to keep dropping.

Exercise... well, um yeah... need to work on that!

I've never been constipated ever before in my life but am experiencing some of that. Gonna have to figure out a good way to get lo-carb fiber in. Any suggestions?

I also want to thank everyone that replies to my posts. My internet connection here stinks so I can't always reply in the moment, so to speak. But know that I am sending good vibes and thanks your way. I also wish I could be more of a cheerleader for those of you hitting rough spots. Do know that my heart is with you and I am happy to share experiences via PM or e-mail. Just holler.

xoxoxo

Carol

I use Fiber Choice chewables. They come in a sugar free tablet, lots of fiber. They say 7grams of carbs but when you subtract the fiber it's ok. They don't taste to bad either very tart though.

Brenda

Breada...way to go!!!

I'm going to start adding my weight to this thread every Monday as well as I think it will help keep me focused.

Todays weight 202 lbs

By next week you will be in onederland!!!! Way to go Barb.

Brenda

A day late..

Weight has just stopped coming off. up 3 pounds down 4 up 2 down 1 yadda yadda........

183.8 on Monday......

AJW-

I'm a year out...... down 172 pounds.. and I think my body is just saying it wants to stay at this weight for a while........... a bit frustratiog..... I'm in the same place you are.

I know I need to exercise more. just having a hard time doing it!!!:001_unsure:

Great Job to all you "Losers!!!":thumbup:

well for some reason i am just stuck!!! i am only 3 months out and i currently only lose 3-4# a week if that. it is so frustrating. on monday i weighed 214.2# and then this morning i weighed 215. what the hell. i am so sick of this weight loss up and down!!! i can't just seem to figure all of this out and what my body is wanting and not wanting. please help me Lord!!

Laura, I hear your frustration. You've had an incredible weight loss since surgery. Maybe you need to change things up a little? Different exercise, change up your daily calories? More one day, less the next. Keep your body guessing a little?

I am down 2 from the last time I posted. Sorry, but I am right in the middle of a nasty rehab of a rental house we own. I finally got the renters out after 3 months of non rent, and I am having to clean it out and re-hab it myself. We are going to fix it up and sell it. No more renters! CA economy just sucks. I HATE throwing people out. I have completely given up on watching my weight. I am exhausted thru and thru.The sleeve has to work for me. I just cannot give it any energy right now. In a couple of weeks, I will get back on track.

Finally made it to the big 4-0!! Actually 40.5 to be precise!!! Woo hoo! Either I had a mini stall last week or it's just slowing down from about 4.5 per week to 3-3.5 per week. I'll take it either way!! Yippee!!

Todays weight 200lbs

I gained a half pound twice this week. Very strange, but true. Only lost 2lbs this week. It's been very slow, but at least I'm going in the right direction. Hopefully onderland by next Monday. :smile:

Hi all, 192 on home scale. Gym scale is ususlly 3 to 4 ponds lighter. So---I think I am in the 180s!

I just do not have the time to go to the gym and weigh. Wish I did, I would like to do the "happy dance" lol

My new pants are really loose!

Next week I will officially weigh in.

Congrats to all who are haning in there. The weight slow down is so hard to take. Keep the faith, the sleeve will work, even if you are not working it perfectly.

Very pleasantly surprised today after feeling like I'd really slipped up last week!

HW - 258

SW - 246.4

LW - 223.4

Today - 220.4

The first time I got on the scale this morning it said 219.8 and I thought "No way...." because I stepped on it yesterday to prepare myself for no good news today, and it said 222.something. So I got back on twice, and both times it said 220.4 so that's what I'm going with! :smile:

I'm 7 mos. post op and my body is saying No, no, noo, noo, no, no no (like the song) and it's settling right around 160-162. I'd like to lose another 20 pounds, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Screeching halt are the words that come to mind.:thumbup: