Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Monday Morning Weigh In

I'll chime in even though I'm bummed. I am holding at 270--13 pounds down since surgery three weeks ago today. But, I should start my period this week, so I'm hoping I will see a loss later this week. Bad timing to have my three weeks (the dreaded stall period) hit around my cycle! HA! I'm exercising again, but only about 20 minutes on the elliptical. I will increase to 30 minutes by the end of the week and add a few free weight exercises for the arms.

My eating is on track, or at least what I think is on track. I'm right around 750 calories and 65-75 grams of Protein. My carbs hover around 30-50--never more, and I'm not eating carb-y things intentionally at all. I'm currently getting about 65 ounces of Fluid a day. Gonna try to bump that this week too. It's just hard when I have to work around meals!

Have a great week, everyone!

Cajun-9 pounds is an excellent loss, but what an awful way to do it. I really hope you got some answers today at the doctor.

Chancie-thank you for the words of encouragement and CONGRATULATIONS on the pounds and inches coming off...you are truly amazing!!! A total loss of 161 pounds, wow!

Linda-Happy Surgiversary! Can you believe it's already been 5 months for us? Look at you, completely out of the 170's and NEVER going back!

Carolyn-I like your attitude, you're so right to look at it a 5 pounds lost in two weeks, that's AWESOME!

Twobluecats-that happens to me every month; you know it will go down because you are following the plan. Great job on your 13 pound loss so far!

I am throwing my home scale away. When I weighed in yesterday and posted I was a bit disappointed and tiny depressed at the "results" finding fault with my eating and lack of exercise. All that before my appt at the gym with my trainer. WELL!!!

When I had my appt with her it was the one month check in. ( I did not remember that) So, here are my results. weight 203 -20 lbs. -27+inches. 9.6% body fat loss. I lost 6+inches in my waist! I now have a 34 inch waist. Me. Big fat ole me. I gotta get a new mind set. a 34 inch waist is not a fat girl any more. I cannot believe my results. If I had done the measurments myself, I would have NEVER believed I took them from the same places or what ever. I came home and just bounced for about 30 min. I grabbed my husbands hands, put them on my waist and said whattyathink? He guessed 37 and I got to say lower lower lower. Oh you guys this is so fun! I am just having the best time. I love my sleeve. I love my life! WOOHOO!

I am gonna weigh only on the gym scale from now on on Mondays!

I hope everyone had a good week! This morning I weighed 152. It's only 1 pound down from last Monday, but I'll take it!

Good for you DeeDee! A pound a week after five months!!! Oh, I am so hopeful now that this truly does work. I am still having trouble believing this is all really happening to me and that it is permanent. I will go to the gym at 11 this morning ans weigh in htere and post later. My home scale is very "off". THis morning it read 203 which is very low. but, two days ago it read 197? I know I need a new scale, but, I have been so "obsessive" about weighing myself that I am trying to just use the scale at the gym for my official weigh~ins. -----more later

Congratulations Carolyn. Awesome results. Everyone is doing so good. Keep up the great work. I've had a rough month - so it's back on track for me today and focusing on getting my last 40 lbs. off. Onderland by my birthday - January 19th~

Down to 168 this am, I think the meticulous tracking is helping me. It may only be down a pound, but it's pound by pound that gets us to our goal.

Today marks four weeks since my surgery, and I'm down 18 pounds since then and 34 pounds total since December 1 preop diet. I know some lose more the first month, but I'm doing everything I'm supposed to do, so I'm very happy with the results so far! Five pounds since last Monday.....

Edited by twobluecats

Good Morning and Congratulations to everyone!!

This morning I weigh..............191.4

I'll take it gladly!! I'm trying to start an exercise routine....... does anyone know any GOOD videos>?? Need some ideas.

Good Morning and Congratulations to everyone!!

This morning I weigh..............191.4

I'll take it gladly!! I'm trying to start an exercise routine....... does anyone know any GOOD videos>?? Need some ideas.

Do you like to dance?

Do you enjoy walking?

I do Hip Hop Abs, you can turn the music down if you do not like that kind of music, but believe it, these exercises tone up your stomach and thighs immensely.

If you like walking, I'm making a trip to the post office this week, and I have one of the "walk away the pound" dvds that I used for a bit early on, but I am not a fan of walking anymore. I'll be more than happy to send it to you.

Hip Hop Abs have a "beginner" person for you to follow until you can keep up with the full tempo. Some days I still keep up with beginner dancer. It doesn't feel like exercise.

steph123 is right on!

Yea Chancie. Take the vid from tiffy!

Tif cute pict of you and John.You both look so happy!

twobluecats, excellent! Just keep it up.

Vegas, maybe we will hit Onederland together.

I weighed at the gym,~~~~~200 even. I could NOT get that darn scale to float at 199. Darn it. I am going back tomorrow. I am NOT waiting a whole nother week!!!! ARRRRRRGH. Who, me impatient? Obsessive? Silly? Oh yeah.

I'll pipe in...

Today it Day 23 Post Op. I started as follows:

At Doc's office: 283

Today: 256.6

Total Loss to date: 26.4

Sometimes I sabotage my efforts it seems, but you have to take each day as a new day! Today was a good example for me. Had customers visiting at work today and thought I could go ahead and eat a sub. I split it into three parts and ate it all in between lunch and dinner... WAY too many carbs and WAY too many calories. I was very surprised and I should have planned better. Tomorrow, they are here again, so I am going to plan much better.

Later everyone!

I'm not sure how soon I was supposed to weigh after surgery...but it's been a week and I'm down 9 pounds! I'm 255 - I don't remember the last time I saw the 250s!!!! I must admit...I weighed after about 4 days & had GAINED like 5 pounds and was pretty hard on myself even though I knew I hadn't done much walking. So I stepped up the walking, started doing my two shakes a day, and actually started getting my minimum liquid amounts in. One week out and I LOVE my sleeve!!! :001_unsure: