Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks post op

I am 2 weeks post op and this is the first contact with other sleevers. I'm the only one I know who has had the op and I just would like to hear some other voices. I was told 2 weeks Clear Liquids and I've found it hard but stuck to it. I have been craving normal food even though I know I can't eat it. I tend to suck the juice of steak and other foods and that helps a bit. Do other people also suck on food, it sound so crazy ha-ah:blush:. Today I had some homemade creamy Tomato Soup that was ok, my first non clear liquid meal. My tummy feels weird when I eat and I find myself wondering if I'll ever be able to eat like a normal person again. It isn't painful or anything, just not normal. Are there any other post op vsg's expeiency the same as me? I'd like to hear from you.:sad0:

Of course you will, I am almost 8 weeks out and eating pretty normally. In my second week I made some homemade lentil Soup (protein source) and it was delicious. I also ate yogurt (fat free of course) then, Protein Drinks, V8 juice, applesauce, nibbled on Babybel cheese, soon after that, pretty much what my tummy would tolerate, even a poached egg I remember. You will find many recipes here on this site - check on the forums page and you will see tons of other peoples food and nutrition and also recipe suggestions.

Your new tummy is adjusting and it is quite normal to fee what you call weirdness, it takes a while to heal and it gurgles and bloats and all sorts of things while it does so.

You will be able to eat somewhat like a normal person again, but in small doses and hopefully in a much healthier way. (protein first, always!) for now, take it easy and keep reading here, lots of info on this site!

Cheers,

Donna

I felt the same way during the clear and full liquid stage of the post-op diet. I promise you once your diet progresses you'll be able to eat like a normal person. It does get easier, some days are more challenging for me even now at 5.5 months, but I consider it a learning experience.

My tummy didn't feel normal for a few weeks, but now it's just like it was before except I don't eat a lot of food.

Hang in there, it does get better.

Welcome to Vst.

Your stomach will feel a bit different at first. It will take awhile to heal. I can eat regular foods now just like before surgery. Just not near as much. It is normal to want to eat like before but your new tummy wont let you. It only took me twice to learn my lesson. I had to slow down and eat tiny amounts. It gets easier everyday.

Janet -

Congratulations on your surgery and welcome to our VST family - we're happy you joined us and we hope you find answers, support and friendship here - if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask - someone will always have an answer for you.

Just take it slow and easy with your new stomach and even though the liquid phase is difficult, it's worth it - and what's even more wonderful is that it doesn't last forever and soon you'll be eating like a normal person - a normal thin person!

Thank you all very much for replying!!! It is so wonderful to hear all the encouraging advice from others who have gone through the same recovering process. It is great just having the confirmation that everything is going to be ok and that all will return to normal soon enough. This is a wonderful site and I?m so pleased I?ve joined. Now I?m not alone anymore. Thank you for being there.

Janet, that is what we are here for, to help and encourage each other. You are now a sleeve sister and we look forward to hearing about your progress.

Janet, I sucked on food too. Just to get the juices out. I chewed some tuna and spit out the "wad" but I got the tuna flavor and got to chew something. that was the thing I missed the most, chewing. But, fear now, this will pass soon enough. Hang tough sleeve sister. Drink your Protein.< /p>

Hi Carolyn. I have looked on the site at how to use it but I've never been on a forum before and I don't know how to use it. I feel realy stupid ha ha. Can you help me? I want to put my weightloss trekker and look as if I'm more interested in everyone. Your reply is the only one I saw the option to reply on, not the others. Why is that and sorry it seem like i'm your pupil now. thanx

Janet, boy oh boy did you get stuck with a non-techie for a teacher. There is a thread about doing the ticker tape, it is by Adam, It has pictures and all. However, I still do not have a ticker tape at the end of my signature. Just the dancing smilies and I post the weight info every other day or so. I just go to user cp and clik on that and then go to signature, clik and change clik, drop down and change and save. Now, the forums, go to new posts and you will wind up in a lot of threads. Just clik your way around a bit and you will find stuff. You can private message people too, I just clik on their screen name and it takes me to their home page and you can talk to them direct. That is where you can see any photo albums they may have posted. I haven't done that yet either. Sorry. Have fun with this site. I get my questions answered and have a few laughs and deal with some serious issues. I have come to love being on the loosers bench with my sleeve sisters and buddies.Welcome to our club!

good for you! lovethe flowers.Lots to choose from huh? Did you do the waist tracker also?

no I didn't do the waist, I know the waist will go down with the weight so I'm not checking it, are u?

yes I am. I can feel it in my pants, every thing is so loose. Loving it. I just did the waist because it was there and I like to "see" results . I am not tracking anything else. Have too much to do with the Protein count and Water and exercize. Enough wiht all the journaling already. How is the weather in Riyadh? R U military? I have been told Afganistan is down to 20 at night. For a california raised girl, that is cold for November. My source is not complaining, he has just learned not to drink after 6 PM.

(tent heated, latrine not)