Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially lost 100lbs

Hey Linda,

I was reading your stats and we are almost twins! I had surgery on Aug. 10th, started at 246 highest; time of surgery was 220 due to pre-op diet of my own choosing; now at 184, with a goal to 135-125 depending on how it looks/feels when I get there. Congrats on your journey - glad we're all on it together.:thumbup:

Tiffy,

You are definitely an inspiration to so many of us. Congratulations on this great weight loss milestone. You look wonderful. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Wow... congrats on your fantastic results!!! Can you elaborate on your lap band experience? I have a request in to my insurance company to get the lap band (insurance company doesn't cover the VSG). The more I research the more I think I want the sleeve. Thanks!

AJW - you're right, we are TWINS! So cool. My goal is 140 (really 139...want to be in the 130's for some reason). Once I get down closer, I plan to reevaluate. Everyone tells me I will be too skinny lower than 140 but I can't imagine me ever being "too skinny". I finally broke my nearly 3 week stall at 182 today.... down to 179 - yippee!!! I haven't been in the 170's since well before my first pregnancy (about 9 years). :001_tt2:

Hey Linda,

I was reading your stats and we are almost twins! I had surgery on Aug. 10th, started at 246 highest; time of surgery was 220 due to pre-op diet of my own choosing; now at 184, with a goal to 135-125 depending on how it looks/feels when I get there. Congrats on your journey - glad we're all on it together.:laugh:

I am pretty close to reaching 100 lbs myself. Yay sleeve. I have

about 3 more to go. It was only 2, but then Thanksgiving came and

caused me to gain a lb. back. Right? It was Thanksgiving's fault, not mine!?

Glad we survived Thanksgiving. I went out to dinner with friends on TG and fortunately, I didn't find the food all that appealing so didn't overeat. We were also on a trip for the whole 4 days. I could feel myself retaining Fluid so to me I looked like I was gaining weight from eating out in restaurants every meal. But weighed in this morning and had actually lost .2 from the day we left, so happy about that. Going on cruise at the end of the month and am worried about how that's going to affect me. I always hover weight-wise when I travel and don't lose like I do at home. I'm only 3.5 months out, though, so weight is still coming off. Had my labs done and everything looks GREAT; glad to hear that news. Hope you all did fine as well. Now to get through Christmas.

AJW Great! You did so great over thanksgiving! I did too. I lost a pound. I am exercizing more and more. Tomorrow I start in the pool.

On the cruise get as much exercize as you can. You will do fine.

Enjoy!

Congrats .. cant wait to be in your shoes :-)

AJW - I actually lost 4 lbs. between Wed and this morning. I didn't over eat at TG; however, I didn't deprive myself either - I did, however, get in a lot of walking this weekend and I think that helped.

Bearded and I actually lost weight while we were on our cruise - we ate dinner every night - generally an appetizer (Soup, shrimp cocktail or salad), an entree (ate about 1/3 to 1/2 depending on what it was) and a desert - generally one or two bites ... however, we walked alot every single day so I think that made all the difference ...You're on a cruise - enjoy it and don't worry about whether you gain or not - you can't eat THAT much so even if you do gain, it won't be more than a pound or two and you'll get that off once you get home.