Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Officially lost 100lbs

So, I started my weight loss surgery journey last October when I had the dreaded lapband placed. As of today, I've lost a total of 100 pounds.

I lost weight initially with the band, but gained some back when I lost restriction and complications started. I've officially lost 93 pounds since revising to the vertical sleeve gastrectomy, and a total weight loss of 100 pounds today.

What an amazing life-changing experience this has all been ! ! ! I haven't been this weight since probably my sophomore year in high school. I'm more active, and definitely happier with my relationship with food. I am in more control now than I have ever been. People ask me "don't you miss eating like a normal person?" In all reality, there are some days where I'd love to throw down a few pieces of pizza, but I also know that I can be completely satisfied with just one piece of pizza. I eat anything and everything I want just in smaller portions. I love this new life, I love that I have control, and have found other means to deal with life stressors, and all the ups and downs. Food was my best friend. It was my comforter, my security, my void filler, my everything, now it's just fueling my body, and I'm able to be free of the chains of emotional eating.

Just a few more pounds until I hit goal. I did just start a new workout/strength training program at the YMCA so my loss will slow a bit, but I'm toning and strengthening my entire body.

How fabulous!!! You must update your ticker!!! Congrats!!! You look stunning!

Thank you so very much.

I updated the ticker to reflect my total loss since starting WLS journey. It looks super creepy in a way.

Way to Go Tiffy! You're a real inspiration!

Tiffy - That is absolutely AMAZING! Congratulations to you on such a milestone! You are definitely an inspiration and it's wonderful having you on the site. All your words from experience and your heart really help many of us on our own journey.

Congrats and Thank you!!!!!

Edited by GONNALOSEWEIGHT
spelling

Tiffy,

You are definitely an inspiration to so many of us. Congratulations on this great weight loss milestone. You look wonderful. Keep it up! :(

Congrats!

Very inspirational!

Thanks!

ReadytoMaintain

WTG Tiff!!!

Isn't it a wonderful feeling and accomplishment!!

I love what you said here.....

"I love that I have control, and have found other means to deal with life stressors, and all the ups and downs. food was my best friend. It was my comforter, my security, my void filler, my everything, now it's just fueling my body, and I'm able to be free of the chains of emotional eating."

No truer words spoken- gaining the control back into our lives!

I'm really happy for you and your success..... keep up the good work and the helping of others that you do so well!!

Big HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!