Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

help in need of serious protein ideas

Greek Yogurt has 10 grams of Protein and I really love it. I get the blueberry. Other things I eat for protein are string cheese (low fat) and chicken breast. At 3 months post surgery, you should be able to eat salad. I love to make salad and shred chicken breast on top. Salad goes down very easily for me because you can chew the lettuce up until it's just Water. I use low fat dressing and it makes the chicken breast moist. I also eat a lot of chicken salad, tuna salad and egg salad. I love tilapia as well. All of these things have a lot of protein in them.

I bought 2 different bottles of the Naked High Protein tonight at Von's - one is berry berry flavor and the other is Mango. When I got home, I noticed that a serving is 1/2 the bottle which is 220 calories, 16 gms protein, 35 gms carbs, 2 gms fat. So if you drink the entire bottle, that is 440 calories, 32 gms protein, 70 gms carbs and 4 gms of fat. To me, that is a lot. Plus they were like $3.99 a bottle. I think it is a better bet for ME to stick with protein I can chew that is lower in carbs.

Backtonew - I have found a chicken tamale that is really good and digests very well - it is 230 cals., 19 g carbs, 14 g Protein, 3.5 g sat. fat and 3 g Fiber. I put a little 2% shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream on it and it is quite filling -- generally I am not even able to eat it all - they are about 4 oz. Makes a great lunch or dinner.< /strong>

have you tried any of the syntrex nectar drinks? They are lower in carbs and some people like them. You can order samples.< /strong>

I took the Mango Naked Protein to work today. This afternoon, since I'd only had a salad for lunch and wasn't able to eat all that much, I decided I'd try the drink. Well, I took one swallow and let me tell you - it tasted HORRIBLE. I didn't drink anymore - but within 10 minutes my stomach started hurting and hurt for about 3 hours. I don't think I'll be drinking anymore of that!

Another favorite Protein of mine is taco meat. I just make the meat and put sour cream or greek yogurt on it and it's very yummy too.

I took the Mango Naked Protein to work today. This afternoon, since I'd only had a salad for lunch and wasn't able to eat all that much, I decided I'd try the drink. Well, I took one swallow and let me tell you - it tasted HORRIBLE. I didn't drink anymore - but within 10 minutes my stomach started hurting and hurt for about 3 hours. I don't think I'll be drinking anymore of that!

I'm sorry the Naked Protein Drink didn't pan out for you. I am only able to get the one that says Naked Protein Zone which is made with apple, banana, orange, pineapple, and coconut juice, the soy and whey n protein thicken it but it tastes GREAT, (to me). I can't find any of Naked's other variety of Protein drinks in any of the retail stores around here, so I've stocked up on the only one I have found and enjoy. It's pricey your right but since I can barely get 2 oz of any kind of food down, I'm no longer spending money on well...food, hardly anyway. I'm dependant upon these drinks to pack in the protein, the 1-2 oz. of chicken or fish I may manage just adds to the 30 grams I get from the full 15 oz bottle. They also make a banana w/chocolate Protein Drink but it's like unheard of here.

Greek Yogurt has 10 grams of Protein and I really love it. I get the blueberry. Other things I eat for Protein are string cheese (low fat) and chicken breast. At 3 months post surgery, you should be able to eat salad. I love to make salad and shred chicken breast on top. Salad goes down very easily for me because you can chew the lettuce up until it's just Water. I use low fat dressing and it makes the chicken breast moist. I also eat a lot of chicken salad, tuna salad and egg salad. I love tilapia as well. All of these things have a lot of protein in them.

Salmon salad is good to and a very dense protein. I'm more leery of eating too much tuna because of the mercury content. Once a month is about all I'll eat tuna. I like sardines too.

We were at the mall last night and they have a HUGE GNC (the guy told me largest on in this part of the country [west]). I picked up an Oh Yeah Protein drink (Cookies & cream) - haven't tried it - will do that today. Also got several Protein Bars - one in each flavor of Oh Yeah. He also suggested Supreme Protein, so I got some of them, too. They were having a sale (through 10/29) - buy one - get one 1/2 off.

Bearded and I shared one last night - one of the Supreme Protein - they're BIG. It was Caramel Nut chocolate and it was FANTASTIC!!!

Stats:

30 g protein

6 net carbs

360 calories

16 g total fat

5 g sat fat

20 mg cholesterol

300 mg sodium

65 mg potassium

and lots of Vitamins.

1/2 of the bar filled me up and ended up being my dinner.

I'll post more on each bar as we get through them.

I have enjoyed learning about other people not liking the Protein shakes. They are so sweet. The ones that I am drinking only have 2grams of sugar. please help me. I have the one from GNC that is Advanced Muscle Milk, chocalate and vanilla. I am getting sort of tired of drinking them alone so would really like a suggestion on how you old timers spruce them up. thanks. new to sleevers- sleeved on 12809

weight.png

Edited by lauramomof3

Isn't 70 grams of carbs alot?

YES IT IS !!! I have had the naked Protein drink and it is very good, BUT,

It has 2 servings in each bottle which are 220 calories EACH serving, which ='s 440 calories 70 carbs, and only 30 grams of protien.

If you were to drink two bottles that will = 880 calories:blink: , 140 carbs:scared0:, and 60 grams of Protein :). Although you do get your protein, you over load yourself with carbs which is really bad! I personally don't want to use all my calories on two 16 ounce drinks. But if that's all you can keep down, it may be a good thing. But that many carbs is not good for loosing weight.

I work for Kroger which carries all the naked Fruit Drinks, they are ALL wondefully good tasting, but are loaded with carbs. The NON

protein naked fruit drink has, 2 grams of protein, 58 carbs, 260 calories per bottle. Although I used to drink them pre surgery, I wouldn't drink them now. They are good but not worth using that many carlories and carbs. Just my opinioin :)

I have enjoyed learning about other people not liking the Protein shakes. They are so sweet. The ones that I am drinking only have 2grams of sugar. please help me. I have the one from GNC that is Advanced Muscle Milk, chocalate and vanilla. I am getting sort of tired of drinking them alone so would really like a suggestion on how you old timers spruce them up. thanks. new to sleevers- sleeved on 12809

weight.png

Some people spruce up their Protein drinks by adding flavored extract like banana or coconut flavors.

They also make sugar-free syrups to add some flavor.

Here's a link to Vitalady.com selection of sugar free syrups. I'm sure you can find them elsewhere, but she has a great rep, and I've ordered protein samples from her.

Vitalady.com - Syrups & sauces

EDIT TO ADD: I just read on vitalady's website they aren't shipping syrups due to the winter months.

Here's another link for Davinci sugar free syrups

http://www.netrition.com/davinci_syrups_page.html

Well crap, it looks like they've all stopped shipping for the winter months.

Maybe try to find some at a local health food store.

Edited by Tiffykins

YES IT IS !!! I have had the naked Protein drink and it is very good, BUT,

It has 2 servings in each bottle which are 220 calories EACH serving, which ='s 440 calories 70 carbs, and only 30 grams of protien.

If you were to drink two bottles that will = 880 calories:blink: , 140 carbs:scared0:, and 60 grams of Protein :huh0:. Although you do get your protein, you over load yourself with carbs which is really bad! I personally don't want to use all my calories on two 16 ounce drinks. But if that's all you can keep down, it may be a good thing. But that many carbs is not good for loosing weight.

I work for Kroger which carries all the naked Fruit Drinks, they are ALL wondefully good tasting, but are loaded with carbs. The NON

protein naked fruit drink has, 2 grams of protein, 58 carbs, 260 calories per bottle. Although I used to drink them pre surgery, I wouldn't drink them now. They are good but not worth using that many carlories and carbs. Just my opinioin :blush:

I have the Naked Protein Zone drink here (the only Protein One available where I live! It's very palatable to my tastes (which have changed since the surgery). The carbs in it are purely from the fruit contained in one 15oz. bottle which is all I can get down spread over the day. If you look at the side of the bottle it tells you "what's inside" and this particular one has 1 whole bananna, 1.5 apples, 1/2 an orange, a hint of pineapple and coconut. I am losing weight and have been drinking one a day since early out of surgery. In fact it has been literally the only protein drink I can tolerate! I just lost me taste for chocolate, vanilla and strawberry even coffee flavor! Those 30 grams of protein make it easier to get in the rest with regular foods, like fish, chicken, cheese, etc. I only wish my tastes would increase so I could once again enjoy a Jay Robb Protein shake. Instead I use the vanilla Protein powder from the Jay Robb packets and add it to my cream of wheat multigrain wich already contains /7grams protein per package. I just cook it in Water then add a tablespoon of the jay robb mix it well with a little milk. I goes down easy like yogurt, except I have to watch how fast I spoon it in. If I go too fast I feel alot of discomfort and need to stand up and do some stretching, burping and walking away then I can come back to it. This surgery really narrowed my food choices! It's still such an adjustment. I hope one day I can eat like Tiffy does, seems just the right amount and she is able to go out and eat! I guess time will tell.

A really good Protein drink is PVL

Whey Gourmet Peanut Butter and Choc. You can get it from Netrition.com It is really smooth and tasty and I don't think it's super sweet at all.